• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PsyChoTk
    • Jul 03

Re Re Re Re Re Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Originally posted by crookdbill
    HEY HEY I'm at SPJ too :)
    Made a solo thread with more in depth step by step instructions at ppcgeeks.
    Code:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96988
    Thanks for giving credit on your post Psycho TK :) It's been working for me all day.
    np dude. credit where credit is due.
    Originally posted by D/\SH
    you psychotk :)

Comment

• meansixx
      SPJ Junkie
      • Jun 13

Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

thanks guys, i had read this over at ppc already and hadnt tried it. but im gonna try it now and check it out. it just would be awesome if we didnt have to do all these tweakin to get it to work but thats 2.5 for ya...lol

--------- New Post Merged on 16/11/2009 at 1145 --------

Originally posted by PsyChoTk
      here is the fix. I can confirm it works for me on Sprint at the time of this post.

1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c

2. set up the settings for your provider ie sprint is
      Code:
      http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
      3. don't forget to connect via sprint at the bottom. This needs to be done by going to the mail tab/inbox/menu/pics video options the select cdma servers and edit the settings there.

4. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers. there are three (3) folders, two(2) with sample in the name. change all three folders wap settings

4. You can now send without a problem.

5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before.

all credit goes to crookdbill @ ppcgeeks. I just edited it for content and more peep friendly instructions.
      oh yeah, just one more thing about this. why would u have to download arcsoft again if its already in R3?
      Last edited by meansixx; November 16, 2009, 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• crookdbill
        • Jun 21

Re Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

When I tried to send a mms with the default arcsoft, it would not go through. It could have been me though. That is why I installed the newest arcsoft. It was also 4 in the morning when I did all this. You can try it with the default arcsoft first and see if it works. Please let me know so I can edit my thread to reflect the change.

Originally posted by meansixx
        thanks guys, i had read this over at ppc already and hadnt tried it. but im gonna try it now and check it out. it just would be awesome if we didnt have to do all these tweakin to get it to work but thats 2.5 for ya...lol

--------- New Post Merged on 16/11/2009 at 1145 --------

oh yeah, just one more thing about this. why would u have to download arcsoft again if its already in R3?

Comment

• meansixx
          SPJ Junkie
          • Jun 13

Re: [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

yeah thats what i saw when i was checkin it out. well it worked for me and mms works! works like a charm, i sent out pics and they got them and sent me pics and i got them. good job crookdbill

Comment

• livinlifes2shor
            • Nov 30

Originally posted by meansixx
            yeah thats what i saw when i was checkin it out. well it worked for me and mms works! works like a charm, i sent out pics and they got them and sent me pics and i got them. good job crookdbill

so are you saying it worked without the download? If not I can not find that .cab I have an older version which the phoen rejects. Thanks

Comment

• jr5416
              • May 12

Originally posted by livinlifes2shor
              so are you saying it worked without the download? If not I can not find that .cab I have an older version which the phoen rejects. Thanks
              No bro he meant he got it working with the newest version , and here u go bro after u install this u have to follow the instructions that crookbill wrote up for us and u should be good. follow up with some updates thanks and i will be trying this aswell
              sigpic

If i helped hit that THANKS button

Comment

• jr5416
                • May 12

For those of you who dont wanna mess with resistry editor try this it works that same way thanks to astronusx over at ppcgeeks for this :

For simplicity, you can do the following the achieve same result as OP.

1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c

2. Unzip attached SprintMMS.zip (Note: If you don't have RegEditor, use attached TaskMrg, it has regeditor inside to import)
                3. Use TaskMrg below or your RegEditor to Import registry files to your phone

Go to Start --> Email -> SMS / MMS --> New --> Picture Message and compose ur MMS

Enjoy!

I also attached the newest arcsoft
                Attached Files
                sigpic

If i helped hit that THANKS button

Comment

• livinlifes2shor
                  • Nov 30

maybe I am a retard but it will not let me install arcsoft mms says it was unsuccesful

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Re: Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

maybe I am a retard but it will not let me install arcsoft mms says it was unsuccesful
                    are you installing to the main memory and also have you tried to redownload the cab to make sure it wasnt a corrupt file?

Comment

• livinlifes2shor
                      • Nov 30

yes main memory and downloaded twice becasue i thought it was bad first time around? will try again

Comment

• PsyChoTk
                        • Jul 03

yes main memory and downloaded twice becasue i thought it was bad first time around? will try again
                        what have you done so far??? besides the arcsoft......i.e. flashed the rom, removed the battery, restarted, ran a clear storage, and after all that, then ran arcsoft?

Comment

• livinlifes2shor
                          • Nov 30

ok so third times the charm it let me install this time, now with phm reg editor I open the sprintmms.zip and it just opens the reg editor does not seem to edit anything, And I do not understant the reg editor that I have I miss resco editor but danm if I can find it.

Comment

• PsyChoTk
                            • Jul 03

try this its the cab i'm running on my phone right now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• slumdog1
                              • Jan 18

Re: Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

this rom is not for me. initially it was awesome but now it is lagging and hanging too much. Like i barely use my phone but when i needed it the screen was hung and still for about 30 seconds then came back to life. Iit probably is just my device but ill go to check out MM updated rom tonight.

Comment

• livinlifes2shor
                                • Nov 30

Re: [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

ok looks like I am going for the NEWB of the day award. Thanks so much for that .cab have searched and searched for it. Now when I open the mms.reg it says cannot be opened. I think I need some sleep lol

Comment

Working...