• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thermus
    Worlds BEST site spj.com
    • Jan 10

Re: Linux and Android for Vogue is HERE

Originally posted by VenumX
    make sure that username and password are both blank so it should be username=
    password=
    blah....

that should fix any issues with modem
    I left everything stock just rename the folder default-vogue to vogue

--------- New Post Merged on 3/7/2009 at 0213 --------

I have tried everything :(

i get down to the part for the image and it says

THIS IS ON THE 1.1 VERSION**************

Please wait... extracting Data Image
    rm: cannot remove '/sdcard/data.img': No such file found or directory

I have extracted everything to the sd root and that is it. Well I renamed default-vogue to default but nothing else. I only extracted from 1.1 zip. Please help

EDIT*******

got past that now I am stuck at
    ANDROID
    Initializing Modem:

sh: cant access tty: job control turned off

Downloaded the lastest 1.5 bundle. Tried running and it just show me a white screen. I tried changing the default.txt to panel 1, 2 and 3 and nothing. # locks up at the booting screen. I tried downloading the boot lock file and there is nothing there. The file is empty. Maybe someone with a sprint rom could send me the files there using so I can compare and see what I am missing.
    Last edited by thermus; July 03, 2009, 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    sigpic

THANK YOU BUTTON HAVE YOU HIT IT LATELY???

Comment

• thermus
      Worlds BEST site spj.com
      • Jan 10

Ok, I got this to work. He is an easy installation Download the zip. Extract files. Copy all five files to your sd card root. Go to haret.exe on your phone and run. Initial setup takes about 3-5 minutes as it has to install so be patient. THIS IS AWESOME
      Attached Files
      sigpic

THANK YOU BUTTON HAVE YOU HIT IT LATELY???

Comment

• VenumX
        The VenumX Factor
        • Nov 14

Originally posted by thermus
        Ok, I got this to work. He is an easy installation Download the zip. Extract files. Copy all five files to your sd card root. Go to haret.exe on your phone and run. Initial setup takes about 3-5 minutes as it has to install so be patient. THIS IS AWESOME
        it is awesome i love the android os on there! i cant wait for them to get it on TP so i can have VGA android <3

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Wanna Introduce Yourself?! Click HERE

Need to flash a rom?
        stlouisfinest68 has a great video tutorial on how to do it, click HERE

Forum Rules: --> HERE
        Join A Group:--> HERE
        Learn To Get Around The Forum:--> HERE

Comment

• marvlman
          • Apr 16

venumx,

alot od the programs are force closing or having application issues...what do i do now?

Comment

• ON3/\L
            SPJ Supporter/Promoter
            • Jan 28

Waiting to my Touch replacement to come in, once it does I'm gonna use it for a tester and run this on it as well. I might have a touch pro for sell once this phone comes in. Man, I can't wait to show this to a few people. I've been waiting for this to develop furthur on the pro and it hasnt..still buggy as hell right now. BUT...looking good for the vogue...this is the only reason I went and got me a vogue is so I could run Android on it for show and tell...and I have some other things i want to test out. My phone collection will soon be TP, Pre, and VogueDroid 6.5, lol...loving it!!!
            sigpic

ON3/\L ProDuction$
            Code:
            http://www.youtube.com/user/ON3ALProDuctions
            Thanks to SPJ and all who contribute I am able to use my Touch Pro at it's full potential. If anyone has helped you, don't forget to hit that handy little thanks button!

Comment

• VenumX
              The VenumX Factor
              • Nov 14

Originally posted by marvlman
              venumx,

alot od the programs are force closing or having application issues...what do i do now?
              hmm any programs in particular? when you do anything in particular?

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

• marvlman
                • Apr 16

voice search, camera, now market is doing it...almost all the standard apps give the error message

--------- New Post Merged on 5/7/2009 at 0233 --------

how can i improve the battery life of android on my touch?
                Last edited by marvlman; July 05, 2009, 01:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• benmiller
                  • Feb 09

is it possiable to send picture mail yet? Tell you what though they have been busting butts on this thing I been using android alot on my vogue and really it seems pretty stable with decent battery life. -Backgrounds app kicks butt-

Comment

• ON3/\L
                    SPJ Supporter/Promoter
                    • Jan 28

Ohhhkkkk well I got my new toy in just so I could play with this Android on it and I CAN'T UNLOCK THE DAMN TOUCH BECAUSE THE UNLOCKER SAYS IT'S NOT 64BIT COMPATIBLE???? I'm pissed! I guess I gotta take it to work and unlock it on the pc there....Fing sucks!!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem?? I can't wait to ry this Android out on my new Vogue play toy..... gonna test some stuff out then sell it...I only wanted the Touch for this...
                    sigpic

ON3/\L ProDuction$
                    Code:
                    Thanks to SPJ and all who contribute I am able to use my Touch Pro at it's full potential. If anyone has helped you, don't forget to hit that handy little thanks button!

Comment

• D/\SH
                      Owner - Staff
                      • Feb 07

Originally posted by ON3/\L
                      Ohhhkkkk well I got my new toy in just so I could play with this Android on it and I CAN'T UNLOCK THE DAMN TOUCH BECAUSE THE UNLOCKER SAYS IT'S NOT 64BIT COMPATIBLE???? I'm pissed! I guess I gotta take it to work and unlock it on the pc there....Fing sucks!!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem?? I can't wait to ry this Android out on my new Vogue play toy..... gonna test some stuff out then sell it...I only wanted the Touch for this...
                      you can download the exe unlocker than right click and extract than rename the nbh file to VOGUIMG.nbh and than place on 2gb or smaller FAT32 formatted card with nothing else on there... than get into manual bootloader by pressingand holding power/camera/and soft reset and follwot the steps.... if it doesnt work the firt time try to reformat it and try again.... sometimes takes a couple shots to get it.

Comment

• VenumX
                        The VenumX Factor
                        • Nov 14

you dont even need to unlock to use this i dont think :/

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

• ON3/\L
                          SPJ Supporter/Promoter
                          • Jan 28

THANKS!!!!!!!!! I' running the android on here now...very nice... I can tell that it will be short lived...but I had to see for myself what it was like to have Android on Winmo...plus I have a few peeps to show this to at work, lol... I have plenty of sd cards so I will do that man I appreciate it!
                          sigpic

ON3/\L ProDuction$
                          Code:

Comment

• VenumX
                            The VenumX Factor
                            • Nov 14

THANKS!!!!!!!!! I' running the android on here now...very nice... I can tell that it will be short lived...but I had to see for myself what it was like to have Android on Winmo...plus I have a few peeps to show this to at work, lol... I have plenty of sd cards so I will do that man I appreciate it!
                            well the beauty of it is you can run windows mobile or android, and they both work, lets see the g1 users do that :P

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

• ON3/\L
                              SPJ Supporter/Promoter
                              • Jan 28

EXACTLY!! This will shut up soooo many people that I know.... It's alomost like a dual booted phone. I really wish I had this on my pro..I hate using this tiny screen to text on...owell...it's still very nice to have. And you were correct, I was able to run this without unlocking the phone...I have a rom in mind tho so wll be unlocking soon!
                              sigpic

ON3/\L ProDuction$
                              Code:

Comment

• Omega
                                • Sep 23

quick question can this run on the HTC sprint touch pro ?

Comment

Working...