Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ncbabiboi
    • Jul 01

Re: Linux and Android for Vogue is HERE

I've kinda given up on the Android port for now. I've been having problems with it, where some of the programs were not responding. I had problems with GMail, when I had that fixed then I would have problems with the Calendar, and when I had that fixed, I would have problem with the ringer. I think I may try to wait it out until the bugs are fixed. It was great while it lasted though.
    It's doo doo, baby!

Comment

• zkush
      • Apr 30

ive used funambol to sync contacts, but it always shoes up last name,first name and if there is no last name then ,first name. ive changed the format on my.funambol.com so the first name is first but evrytime i sync contacts it shows up the same. is there a better or different way i can sync my contacts?

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by zkush
        ive used funambol to sync contacts, but it always shoes up last name,first name and if there is no last name then ,first name. ive changed the format on my.funambol.com so the first name is first but evrytime i sync contacts it shows up the same. is there a better or different way i can sync my contacts?
        well i would have said mail2web but they are going to be charging 5 a month now for their services and have to wait till may 1st to see if my backdoor idea is going to work.... but you could use an app like pimbackup and that will do your contacts, texts, etc...

Comment

• Mike20PR
          SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
          • Mar 31

Originally posted by ncbabiboi
          I've kinda given up on the Android port for now. I've been having problems with it, where some of the programs were not responding. I had problems with GMail, when I had that fixed then I would have problems with the Calendar, and when I had that fixed, I would have problem with the ringer. I think I may try to wait it out until the bugs are fixed. It was great while it lasted though.
          hmmmm, i never had those issues like you mentoned. are you using the latest version?? the developer constantlly updates the .zip with new bug fixes and updates. the one im using new is from 04-28 and its running great, even the keyboard works perfectlly now, no more glitches
          Originally posted by zkush
          my contacts automatically gets saved into my google account when i added them one by one while logged in to google so every time i uptate my android build they automatically sync once i log in so i never have to worry about ever losing them
          ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
          ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
          ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
          ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• spidercheck04
            • Sep 25

Originally posted by Mike20PR
            hmmmm, i never had those issues like you mentoned. are you using the latest version?? the developer constantlly updates the .zip with new bug fixes and updates. the one im using new is from 04-28 and its running great, even the keyboard works perfectlly now, no more glitches

my contacts automatically gets saved into my google account when i added them one by one while logged in to google so every time i uptate my android build they automatically sync once i log in so i never have to worry about ever losing them
            thats the fastes way to do it and safe way too u can change any contacts thru your gmail too

Comment

• ncbabiboi
              • Jul 01

Funny, you should say that, Mike. I wanted Android so bad on my phone that I redid everything, and it works like a champ. Unless I need to use my GPS, there's no way I'm going back to Windows.
              It's doo doo, baby!

Comment

• ncbabiboi
                • Jul 01

All right, I need some help, guys. I'm trying to figure out where all of the apps go when you download them off of Market. Apparently, it's eating up my internal phone storage, and I want to move them to the storage card. I've downloaded a file manager and I haven't found anything yet. Any help would be appreciated!
                It's doo doo, baby!

Comment

• JJMiller35
                  • Dec 11

I am having the same problem!! I don't know if anybody else has this problem or i missed a step, but I have an 8gb SD card, but it always says I am out of internal memory... Is there a trick to fixing that?

Thanks guys.

Comment

• VenumX
                    The VenumX Factor
                    • Nov 14

Originally posted by JJMiller35
                    I am having the same problem!! I don't know if anybody else has this problem or i missed a step, but I have an 8gb SD card, but it always says I am out of internal memory... Is there a trick to fixing that?

Thanks guys.
                    yeah you just need the latest version of android for vogue and then you just put system.img and data.img on the root of ur storage card and the toehr files on your internal storage. You will notice as you install more applications your data.img will get bigger :) but its on the storage card so it doesnt matter

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Wanna Introduce Yourself?! Click HERE

Need to flash a rom?
                    stlouisfinest68 has a great video tutorial on how to do it, click HERE

Forum Rules: --> HERE
                    Join A Group:--> HERE
                    Learn To Get Around The Forum:--> HERE

Comment

• marvlman
                      • Apr 16

you rock, this is so awesome...how do i go back to WM6 to get my other stuff over?

--------- New Post Merged on 2/7/2009 at 0137 --------

cam doesnt work!
                      Last edited by marvlman; July 02, 2009, 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• VenumX
                        The VenumX Factor
                        • Nov 14

Originally posted by marvlman
                        you rock, this is so awesome...how do i go back to WM6 to get my other stuff over?

--------- New Post Merged on 2/7/2009 at 0137 --------

cam doesnt work!
                        what other stuff? and cam works, just your preview doesnt, so you have to guess that you're taking the picture right and then just press the center button to take the pic and it will come out fine :P

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

• marvlman
                          • Apr 16

when i press cam button or goto cam app i get error messages about camera not working...force close

Comment

• VenumX
                            The VenumX Factor
                            • Nov 14

Originally posted by marvlman
                            when i press cam button or goto cam app i get error messages about camera not working...force close
                            just sounds like you have an old version...make sure you have this one...

Code:
                            http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/android-1.1.zip

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

• thermus
                              Worlds BEST site spj.com
                              • Jan 10

ok so I have done everything possible to get this to work. Extracted files to sd card root. Rename default-vogue.txt. to just default erased default and default-keizer. Run haret and it loads to the point to where it says it cant extract data.img cause file is not located on sd card :(

--------- New Post Merged on 3/7/2009 at 1225 --------

i get down to the part for the image and it says

Please wait... extracting Data Image
                              rm: connot remove '/sdcard/data.img': No such file found or directory

--------- New Post Merged on 3/7/2009 at 1240 --------

EDIT*******

got past that now I am stuck at
                              ANDROID
                              Initializing Modem:

sh: cant access tty: job control turned off
                              Last edited by thermus; July 02, 2009, 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              sigpic

THANK YOU BUTTON HAVE YOU HIT IT LATELY???

Comment

• VenumX
                                The VenumX Factor
                                • Nov 14

Originally posted by thermus
                                ok so I have done everything possible to get this to work. Extracted files to sd card root. Rename default-vogue.txt. to just default erased default and default-keizer. Run haret and it loads to the point to where it says it cant extract data.img cause file is not located on sd card :(

--------- New Post Merged on 3/7/2009 at 1225 --------

i get down to the part for the image and it says

Please wait... extracting Data Image
                                rm: connot remove '/sdcard/data.img': No such file found or directory

--------- New Post Merged on 3/7/2009 at 1240 --------

EDIT*******

got past that now I am stuck at
                                ANDROID
                                Initializing Modem:

sh: cant access tty: job control turned off
                                make sure that username and password are both blank so it should be username=
                                password=
                                blah....

that should fix any issues with modem

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

Working...