• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike20PR
    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
    • Mar 31

Re: Linux and Android for Vogue is HERE

Originally posted by JJMiller35
    I figured, that is why it so smooth. Flawless! lol!

So, I saw you mention above the app store. I can't seem to find that on mine...?

Your help before was great and I am online perfect now and man do I love the browser!

Thanks bro!
    its the "market" app but you need to log in to google for that, just input your username and password of your gmail account if you have one
    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• wdbanks
      • May 16

Man I cant get this thing to work for nuthin. I feel like a total noob.

I followed the directions, even tried putting everythin on an empty sd card so that it was the only thing on the card. Still all i get is a flashing white screen with the Android 1.1 and and error message witht he cupcake.

Any advice?

Comment

• Mike20PR
        SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
        • Mar 31

Originally posted by wdbanks
        Man I cant get this thing to work for nuthin. I feel like a total noob.

I followed the directions, even tried putting everythin on an empty sd card so that it was the only thing on the card. Still all i get is a flashing white screen with the Android 1.1 and and error message witht he cupcake.

Any advice?
        make sure it reads the default-vogue.txt when you run haret.exe and everything is extracted to the root of the card,at least thats where my files are...(you can change the name in the boot menu or delete the other two and rename default-vogue.txt to default.txt)

i had that white screen also the first time (havent bothered with cupcake yet cuz theres too much to be done at the moment)
        Last edited by Mike20PR; April 22, 2009, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• JJMiller35
          • Dec 11

Next we (sprint users) need some way to transfer our Contacts to it. Not even sure if that is possible.

Comment

• zkush
            • Apr 30

when i go into settings i dont see my username.

Comment

• Metalmayhem
              • Jul 19

thanks for the update mike I was following this a while back on old builds that still didnt have all the functions working and lost track of the progress. I will have to borrow my gfs touch to give this a whirl :)

- here is the song( I even added it on my myspace, catchy tune )
              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• ncbabiboi
                • Jul 01

Works really well on my Touch. The one thing that's wrong with mine is that the Camera is messed up. I don't know if there is a fix or not. I might have to redo everything again....
                It's doo doo, baby!

Comment

• Mike20PR
                  SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
                  • Mar 31

Originally posted by ncbabiboi
                  Works really well on my Touch. The one thing that's wrong with mine is that the Camera is messed up. I don't know if there is a fix or not. I might have to redo everything again....
                  the display is messed up but the pics turn out fine, no fix as of yet

Comment

• spidercheck04
                    • Sep 25

Originally posted by JJMiller35
                    Next we (sprint users) need some way to transfer our Contacts to it. Not even sure if that is possible.

this is the way i did it its easy and u need to use an google account

Code:
                    http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138636&topic=14299
                    just follow step by step

--------- New Post Merged on 24/4/2009 at 1209 --------

Originally posted by Metalmayhem
                    thanks for the update mike I was following this a while back on old builds that still didnt have all the functions working and lost track of the progress. I will have to borrow my gfs touch to give this a whirl :)

- here is the song( I even added it on my myspace, catchy tune )

thanks bro and yea its a nice song to listen it when stress lol
                    Last edited by D/\SH; April 24, 2009, 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• D/\SH
                      Owner - Staff
                      • Feb 07

Originally posted by spidercheck04
                      this is the way i did it its easy and u need to use an google account

Code:
                      http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138636&topic=14299
                      just follow step by step

--------- New Post Merged on 24/4/2009 at 1209 --------

thanks bro and yea its a nice song to listen it when stress lol
                      in the future please be sure to code all live links that go anywhere but to spj.... did it for you this time

Comment

• spidercheck04
                        • Sep 25

Originally posted by D/\SH
                        in the future please be sure to code all live links that go anywhere but to spj.... did it for you this time
                        How do i do that dude ???? and thanks man

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

Originally posted by spidercheck04
                          How do i do that dude ???? and thanks man
                          above the box that you reply in you will see all those icons........ you get the link on the page like this

www.smartphonejunkie.com

than you highlight the link and press the moving green cog wheel that spins and it will come out like this.

Code:
                          www.smartphonejunkie.com

Comment

• spidercheck04
                            • Sep 25

Originally posted by D/\SH
                            above the box that you reply in you will see all those icons........ you get the link on the page like this

www.smartphonejunkie.com

than you highlight the link and press the moving green cog wheel that spins and it will come out like this.

Code:
                            www.smartphonejunkie.com
                            oh ok i got man thanks man lol sorry about that

Comment

• lopez2055
                              • Aug 09

this is great works like a charm...

Comment

• Mike20PR
                                SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
                                • Mar 31

heres something you guys will like.... DZO cooked up a working OpenGL-ES driver on our android port wohoo, he released a first test kernel

Originally posted by dzo
                                OK, here's test kernel and system.img with the GPU enabled.

Code:
                                http://cs-alb-pc3.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/?C=M;O=D
                                Just replace your kernel and system.img with zImage-gpu and system-gpu.img and your vogue will be able to do things it has never done before. There aren't that many apps that use OpenGL-ES and it's not perfect but you should see the difference on the global-time app and the api-demos. The only other thing I tried was buka (from market) and it worked fine.

Let me know if you find any cool 3d apps to test it on.

Obviously this is still experimental and I don't know if it affects power consumption, you also give up 16M of memory but we have more available EBI memory than the G1 and Kaiser anyway so that shouldn't be a problem.

Now windows mobile uses will really be jealous.
                                adding to first post

Comment

Working...