Clear All
  • Mike20PR
    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
    • Mar 31

HTC Diamond WAD2 Theme .v2 **16/July/08**

ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!

Installation

You need to download all the attached files
    Open theme zip and READ THE DIRECTIONS PLEASE!!!!!!!
    I'm working with someone who is going to help build an install cab
    so it will be alot easier, that will come soon.
    Also I have not had a chance to write set up procedures for the people page
    but defiantly will. I did provide 9 generic pics of guys and girls siluets already set up, they are located in the HTC Touch Diamond Images folder under People templates.

Note to Titan,Mogal,xv6800 owners this theme works on the phone but because of lack of memory WAD2 does shut down sometimes, not sure if this the case with other phones we still need to remember WAD2 is in beta stages right now so we kinda have to deal with this. Its alot better than it was last build. Chris over at Lakeridge is working hard to try to get the memory issues solved for good so lets hope.

No landscape support as of yet

enjoy guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

million thanx to jdume for this masterpeice
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28385

New Cab Install!!!!! By Bedoig

1) Install Wisbar Advance Desktop. The WAD2 Release Candidate 4 cab that jdume posted should last you until July 31, after that you'll have to upgrade to a new Release Candidate or buy the program (if it is released).

2) Install Wisbar Advance 3. At the final phase of the installation, you will be asked if you want to start Wisbar. Choose no (uncheck the box), and then hit "finish installation."

3) Install "Diamond Theme - by jdume." This cab contains all the necessary files, registry entries, etc. to get your theme ready to go. You're device will reset, and you should be ready to start customizing all of your people, programs, etc (sorry, you still have to do that part yourself ).

A couple of notes:

- The theme cab is large, and has to copy A LOT of files to various locations on your device. As such, it will take a long time to run. Like 10-12 minutes on my device. This is normal, and if you have set up the theme manually before, you will know that it takes quite some time to copy all the files to their respective directories.

- I've tested the cab on a fresh hard reset, with nothing except WAD2 and WA3 installed. It is entirely possible that you could encounter conflicts with your particular setup.

- The directory locations in this cab are hard coded for standard English setups. As a result, this will not work on non-English devices. For example, if you're storage card doesn't show up as "Storage Card" in your file explorer, this will not work.

- This only installs the files and settings necessary for jdume's core theme. Any additional programs still need to be installed separately.

- The cab *should* be fully uninstallable.

If anyone is interested, here is exactly what is included in this cab:

- All relevant theme/graphic folders created by jdume will be installed to their appropriate, default locations.

- All necessary config files and registry entries will be put in place to minimize setup after installation. Your device *should* look just like the screenshots. You will just need to set up your contacts, weather location, and other personal preferences. WAD2 and WA3 should also now be set to start on device reset.

- Changes your standard device theme to a Diamond theme. WA3 still reads some info from your Windows Mobile theme, so this is necessary. The cab doesn't use a tsk file to change your theme. It directly updates your registry with system color information, and copies tdywater.gif and stwater.gif to /windows. I did also place a copy of diamond.tsk on your storage card, so you can change back and forth if desired.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1216472653

Some Q&A.

1. How do i get the txt msg shortcut to actually work, i click it and get an error msg, same for email ?

Tap and hold on the button,select properties,edit script,tap launch a program,edit tap the grey square box, and select the program you want from the list, same applies to all buttons missing shortcuts.

2. How do i edit the programs menu? Theres 3 empty slots and I wanted to know if I can actually fill in the blanks here?

Tap and hold on the empty slot a menu will pop up select new,then shortcut then tap the grey box, select what you want, the ok now there are some programs icons I've provided, but you will have to uncheck use default icon, now under normal image tap the grey box, then tap the black down arrow, select the programs icon folder, scroll through to see if there is some thing you want to use, if so select it and ok. Now the pressed image, find the blank icon and select it then ok. you now have a shortcut to that program with an icon if there is no icon for the program you want then check use default image, you will need to position it.

3. For the weather, how do i get icons ( sun, moon, clouds etc ) to show. It shows the temp its automatically updating..i just dont see any icons?

Tap and hold on the screen, select settings, then tap the icon tab, large icon directory tap browse, expand the storage card folder, then expand the HTC touch Diamond images folder, and select HTC large weather icons, then ok out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike20PR; July 20, 2008, 12:54 PM.
    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

• willmatic08
    • Mar 17

Re: Diamond WAD2 Theme

hands down the best and easiest diamond theme yet mind u i've installed like 10 of them includind some manila 1s,this sh*t is straight "CRACK" and easy as hell to install.

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by willmatic08
      hands down the best and easiest diamond theme yet mind u i've installed like 10 of them includind some manila 1s,this sh*t is straight "CRACK" and easy as hell to install.
      how does it compare to the throttle launch one.

Comment

• willmatic08
        • Mar 17

Originally posted by D/\SH
        how does it compare to the throttle launch one.
        throttle is really no contest, this one wasnt final but if your familiar with wisbar you can finalize it yourself

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by willmatic08
          throttle is really no contest, this one wasnt final but if your familiar with wisbar you can finalize it yourself
          for sure...... might have to take a look at this when it gets to version 2 at least.

Comment

• BiG JeW
            ADMIN-Watch what you say!
            • Feb 09

LMAO!! I was thinkin the same thing!
            NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
            LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
            LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
            IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU.......
            PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!!!

Comment

• chauleyb
              • Feb 19

man omg gosh im trippin out right now now i have no reason to get the diamond i cant wait til the final version come out man this is sick thanx

Comment

• broSki
                Old Timer/Snr Member
                • Feb 12

damn this theme looks wicked.....i might be considering wad apps
                NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
                LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
                LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
                Sprint Speed:

sigpic

Comment

• kudvu002
                  • Mar 04

wow so i tried this deleted my throttle launcher! i followed the theme instructions and installed the weather fix and then wisbar advance and desktop...then my phone started running slow(im clean) so i soft reseted...after 4 resets my phone still gets stuck at the windows 6.1 screen with sometimes having a black bar on top. Just hrd reseted so I guess while im fresh im gonna flash 5069k tht sux
                  Allerizon 6800/(Storm) maybe?

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Originally posted by kudvu002
                    wow so i tried this deleted my throttle launcher! i followed the theme instructions and installed the weather fix and then wisbar advance and desktop...then my phone started running slow(im clean) so i soft reseted...after 4 resets my phone still gets stuck at the windows 6.1 screen with sometimes having a black bar on top. Just hrd reseted so I guess while im fresh im gonna flash 5069k tht sux
                    you dont need throttle launcher with this all you need is the WAD

Comment

• kudvu002
                      • Mar 04

Originally posted by D/\SH
                      you dont need throttle launcher with this all you need is the WAD
                      i know i deleted throttle before i installed the weather and wisbars it locked up after i installed the wisbars which made me have to hard reset
                      Allerizon 6800/(Storm) maybe?

Comment

• Mike20PR
                        SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
                        • Mar 31

reupped!!!
                        ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
                        ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
                        ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
                        ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• spidermonkey21
                          • Mar 31

Does it matter whether I use this on WM 6.0 vs WM 6.1?
                          sigpic

Comment

• raybond25
                            MOD Team HTC/SPJ Canuck
                            • Apr 05

Originally posted by spidermonkey21
                            Does it matter whether I use this on WM 6.0 vs WM 6.1?
                            nope you just need Wisbar Advanced Desktop 2
                            IF YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD OR SEE APPLICATIONS PAGE CLICK HERE
                            IF YOU NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
                            ]IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A THEME REQUEST CLICK HERE
                            FORUM TIPS AND TOOLS CLICK HERE
                            SPJ TOUR CLICK HERE

IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!

Comment

• wdbanks
                              • May 16

I loaded it and gave it a try for a couple of days. It looks nice but in my opinion doesnt perform as well as the throttlelauncher app. I didnt like the way WAP interacted with quickmenu either. I just got through taking it off my phone and Im going with the throttlelauncher.

Comment

Working...