• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Re [ROM] 11/19/0904 | fresh rom | Built off Updated Sprint Base

Originally posted by forty01
    Thanks for the update PB, but it's a little mixed up :)
    My Post 6 Days Ago @ 10:24pm is the correct version currently:
    [ROM] 12/10/09-1.0 | fresh rom | Enough that I'm calling it 1.0!

The De-Fresh I placed above 4 Days Ago @ 11:38PM can be added below the 1.0, because it's an additional option you can use to remove a few items you might not like in 1.0

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks again PB.

--------- New Post Merged on 16/12/2009 at 0136 --------

Bump, please look at my above post, thanks.
    what you lost me on that... the explanation makes no sense on what you are saying..... whats mixed up?

Comment

• forty01
      Supporter
      • Nov 24

Re: De-Fresh 1.0 Rom CDMA updated 12.15.2009

Right now this post is showing De-Fresh as the Rom. In the breakdown it states 1.0, but talking about the FreshWater Theme. On my Post 6 Days ago(pic and all)... that is the 1.0 items needing to be thrown in and the De-Fresh portion goes at the bottom as an option to remove some items from 1.0 :)
      This is what the title currently should be:

Let me know if that helps. It's all twisted at the moment, lol.
      sigpic
      About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
      Flashing a ROM Click Here
      Noob Zone Click Here
      How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Re: De-Fresh 1.0 Rom CDMA updated 12.15.2009

Right now this post is showing De-Fresh as the Rom. In the breakdown it states 1.0, but talking about the FreshWater Theme. On my Post 6 Days ago(pic and all)... that is the 1.0 items needing to be thrown in and the De-Fresh portion goes at the bottom as an option to remove some items from 1.0 :)
        This is what the title currently should be:

Let me know if that helps. It's all twisted at the moment, lol.
        so the title needs to be updated only/ if so you should have just said that.... i think thats what your getting at though.

TITLE UPDATED:

let me know if thats what you needed
        Last edited by D/\SH; December 16, 2009, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• forty01
          Supporter
          • Nov 24

Re 12/10/0910 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it 10

I'll just do it again :) Add the below information. We're almost there, lol.
          Code:
          In this release (1.0) 12/10/09:

I decided to make the jump to 1.0 because I felt that (pending any bugs) this release deserved it. I have been molding and building fresh ROM over the last month from v0.1a all the way up til now. There have been 9 total releases, with a few other random things in between. I am proud of this version and I hope to take a break after this release to work on a kitchen.

Added: Boot animation is back + new boot screen + freshhhh sound (yes, it’s back. You know you missed it!)
          o I’m putting this in bold: The new boot screen mimics a linux boot sequence. Don’t freak out.

Added: Totally transparent lock screen.
          o A small note on this one — I’m not a huge fan of the “lock” image that we currently have on there, but it’s all that we could whip up really fast to show off the new lock screen. It looks good, but it’s just not great. Enjoy it for now, and submit images if you have any that you would like to see there instead.

Added: Tsowen task bar!
          o So this task bar was actually put together by me (don’t complain to tsowen if you don’t like it haha), but the original icons were provided by tsowen. Please say thanks to him!
          o I am well aware that not 100% of the system icons have been changed over. After spending 48 hours on the task of porting them over I decided that I better make sure people like it before I spend another 48 finishing it!

Added: Put “fresh rom” back in to the build.prop so that you could see what version you were running in Settings < About Phone < Build Number

Modified: Removed as many .odex files as possible by deodexing them, converting to classes.dex and injecting it in to the apk.
          o Why? By doing so I was able to shave 25mb off of the extracted size of the system directory (you won’t notice the change in the .zip file). This was a way to remove 25mb worth of data without deleting a single thing. The package manager will handle creating odex files when needed and stores them on our data partition (this is what the dalvik-cache is). This also means it is easy for you to fix any issues you are having with certain programs without wiping the whole phone. This is something that you will see done on all the GSM roms, and I figure those guys know what they are doing!
          o What does this mean? Just like the GSM roms, this is the “future” of rom development for us. However that also means that if you install an app pack that replaces stock apps, you may get FC’s. To resolve that you will either have to wait for the art guys to make new packs based off of these new apk’s, or you will need to clear your cache after installing the pack. You can use my app installer (download link is available on the right) to clear the cache easily.

Modified: Changed the setup script a bit to have it clear the cache on first boot like I had done in the past. This resolves errors for people coming from 1.29 (yea, they still exist. haha.). Except a long boot on first bootup after flash. 3-5 minutes.

Fixed: Keyboard bug from last release

Fixed: Customization setup bug from last release

Download Link: http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-rom-1-0/

Additional Option if you want to De-Fresh Fresh 1.0:
          MOD: De-fresh 1.0 | Updated

Applying this patch will do the following:

1. Remove the “lock” image from the lock screen and puts it back to the standard half-arc. It maintains the clear wallpaper though. You should now be able to apply whatever lock screen you like including evil or clear as a bell.
          2. Remove the freshhh boot sound
          3. Remove the taskbar

DOWNLOAD:
          Code:
          http://bit.ly/defresh
          – This will remove all 3 items above
          DOWNLOAD:
          Code:
          http://bit.ly/delock
          – This will only remove the full screen “lock” image but keeps everything else.

De-Fresh Source:
          Code:
          http://geekfor.me/fixes/mod-de-fresh-1-0/
          sigpic
          Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Re: Re 12/10/0910 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it 10

I'll just do it again :) Add the below information. We're almost there, lol.
            Code:
            In this release (1.0) 12/10/09:

I decided to make the jump to 1.0 because I felt that (pending any bugs) this release deserved it. I have been molding and building fresh ROM over the last month from v0.1a all the way up til now. There have been 9 total releases, with a few other random things in between. I am proud of this version and I hope to take a break after this release to work on a kitchen.

Added: Boot animation is back + new boot screen + freshhhh sound (yes, it’s back. You know you missed it!)
            o I’m putting this in bold: The new boot screen mimics a linux boot sequence. Don’t freak out.

Added: Totally transparent lock screen.
            o A small note on this one — I’m not a huge fan of the “lock” image that we currently have on there, but it’s all that we could whip up really fast to show off the new lock screen. It looks good, but it’s just not great. Enjoy it for now, and submit images if you have any that you would like to see there instead.

Added: Tsowen task bar!
            o So this task bar was actually put together by me (don’t complain to tsowen if you don’t like it haha), but the original icons were provided by tsowen. Please say thanks to him!
            o I am well aware that not 100% of the system icons have been changed over. After spending 48 hours on the task of porting them over I decided that I better make sure people like it before I spend another 48 finishing it!

Added: Put “fresh rom” back in to the build.prop so that you could see what version you were running in Settings < About Phone < Build Number

Modified: Removed as many .odex files as possible by deodexing them, converting to classes.dex and injecting it in to the apk.
            o Why? By doing so I was able to shave 25mb off of the extracted size of the system directory (you won’t notice the change in the .zip file). This was a way to remove 25mb worth of data without deleting a single thing. The package manager will handle creating odex files when needed and stores them on our data partition (this is what the dalvik-cache is). This also means it is easy for you to fix any issues you are having with certain programs without wiping the whole phone. This is something that you will see done on all the GSM roms, and I figure those guys know what they are doing!
            o What does this mean? Just like the GSM roms, this is the “future” of rom development for us. However that also means that if you install an app pack that replaces stock apps, you may get FC’s. To resolve that you will either have to wait for the art guys to make new packs based off of these new apk’s, or you will need to clear your cache after installing the pack. You can use my app installer (download link is available on the right) to clear the cache easily.

Modified: Changed the setup script a bit to have it clear the cache on first boot like I had done in the past. This resolves errors for people coming from 1.29 (yea, they still exist. haha.). Except a long boot on first bootup after flash. 3-5 minutes.

Fixed: Keyboard bug from last release

Fixed: Customization setup bug from last release

Download Link: http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-rom-1-0/

Additional Option if you want to De-Fresh Fresh 1.0:
            MOD: De-fresh 1.0 | Updated

Applying this patch will do the following:

1. Remove the “lock” image from the lock screen and puts it back to the standard half-arc. It maintains the clear wallpaper though. You should now be able to apply whatever lock screen you like including evil or clear as a bell.
            2. Remove the freshhh boot sound
            3. Remove the taskbar

DOWNLOAD:
            Code:
            http://bit.ly/defresh
            – This will remove all 3 items above
            DOWNLOAD:
            Code:
            http://bit.ly/delock
            – This will only remove the full screen “lock” image but keeps everything else.

De-Fresh Source:
            Code:
            http://geekfor.me/fixes/mod-de-fresh-1-0/

all right how does that look?

Comment

• forty01
              Supporter
              • Nov 24

Re: 12/10/09-1.0 | fresh rom | Enough that I'm calling it 1.0!

That'll work, haha, thanks Bro.

Flipz has a lot of stuff/projects he's putting together. I'll post the Eclair he's working on once he gets a little further. Getting close ;) I'm also helping to Beta Test a few things and will post once I feel like it will be something that you want to DL. I might just post it soon anyways... give people hope, haha.
              sigpic
              Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• menikfire
                • Mar 15

i guess its time for me to start flashing roms again!! lol
                thanks guys for all the updated!!!!!
                sigpic

ALL SPJ!!!
                Thank you all for your hard work and help in getting my phone loaded up!!! I gratefully Thank you all !!!

Comment

• forty01
                  Supporter
                  • Nov 24

Re Re 12/10/0910 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it 10

Originally posted by menikfire
                  i guess its time for me to start flashing roms again!! lol
                  thanks guys for all the updated!!!!!
                  Definitely and it's the best ROM out there, of course one of the very few for Sprint, but Flipz has been all over and making vast strides. I'm actually suprised, because I don't see much discussion on this here, which I think is suprising considering if you(whomever is reading) are here then you are most likely a junkie and love flashing/modding/etc, but this thread is actually slow. Just thinking out aloud :D
                  sigpic
                  Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Re: Re Re 12/10/0910 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it 10

Definitely and it's the best ROM out there, of course one of the very few for Sprint, but Flipz has been all over and making vast strides. I'm actually suprised, because I don't see much discussion on this here, which I think is suprising considering if you(whomever is reading) are here then you are most likely a junkie and love flashing/modding/etc, but this thread is actually slow. Just thinking out aloud :D
                    give it a lil time, trust me android s speedy with the replies and such through the apps and here.... when we first started the site we werent getting posts in any area including the warez side of things. it will be there, we jsut got to be patient young grasshopper

Comment

• forty01
                      Supporter
                      • Nov 24

Re Re Re 12/10/0910 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it 10

Originally posted by D/\SH
                      give it a lil time, trust me android s speedy with the replies and such through the apps and here.... when we first started the site we werent getting posts in any area including the warez side of things. it will be there, we jsut got to be patient young grasshopper
                      Oh, I figure it will get there :) Just seems so much slower than you would expect, no big deal.
                      sigpic
                      Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• chauleyb
                        • Feb 19

fresh rom 1.1 is out if anyone wants to post........

--------- New Post Merged on 1/1/2010 at 0706 --------

espresso rosie included in fresh 1.1
                        Last edited by chauleyb; January 01, 2010, 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                          OG Member
                          • Nov 08

Re: Re 12/10/0910 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it 10

Originally posted by chauleyb
                          fresh rom 1.1 is out if anyone wants to post........

--------- New Post Merged on 1/1/2010 at 0706 --------

espresso rosie included in fresh 1.1

yea i finally got the guts to jump and root my hero and install fresh rom the latest 1.1 but i'm impressed with his rom...I'm still learning android device so i treated it like winmo when i installed this rom..lol when i get a chance later i'll up date it ..

SPJ Bulletin @
                          forum.smartphonejunkie.org
                          Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• GokuSS3
                            • Jun 02

Re Re 12/10/0910 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it 10

Originally posted by puertoblack2003
                            yea i finally got the guts to jump and root my hero and install fresh rom the latest 1.1 but i'm impressed with his rom...I'm still learning android device so i treated it like winmo when i installed this rom..lol when i get a chance later i'll up date it ..
                            LOL PB it is always that first time that gets ya..... I was like that with flashing i finally just said oh well i give it a try !!!!!
                            sigpic
                            The Must Read Noob Guide!!!Click Here
                            How To Flash A Rom!!!Click Here
                            If I Have Helped Be Sure To Hit That Thanks Button!!!

Comment

• D/\SH
                              Owner - Staff
                              • Feb 07

Re: Re Re 12/10/0910 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it 10

Originally posted by GokuSS3
                              LOL PB it is always that first time that gets ya..... I was like that with flashing i finally just said oh well i give it a try !!!!!
                              me i could care less if i brick it and always down to test new stuff. if i **** up i **** up and bring it back to the store and get a brand new one thanks to verizon (no more refurbs woot woot) even when i was with sprint i did the same, dint really matter to me if it did get wrecked.... guess im just addicted and love flashing haha

Comment

• GokuSS3
                                • Jun 02

Re Re Re 12/10/0910 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it 10

Originally posted by D/\SH
                                me i could care less if i brick it and always down to test new stuff. if i **** up i **** up and bring it back to the store and get a brand new one thanks to verizon (no more refurbs woot woot) even when i was with sprint i did the same, dint really matter to me if it did get wrecked.... guess im just addicted and love flashing haha
                                lol I never been scared only that first time haha..... Now i think it is fun when i mess my phone up gives me a reason to figure how to fix it or show me what doesnt work... Only way to really learn doing this kinda stuff.
                                sigpic
                                The Must Read Noob Guide!!!Click Here
                                How To Flash A Rom!!!Click Here
                                If I Have Helped Be Sure To Hit That Thanks Button!!!

Comment

Working...