• Show
Clear All
  • ICEM/\N
    The Man with the Plan!
    • Apr 10

Re: How to Jailbreak Your iPhone/iTouch on OS 3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)0807

Originally posted by claudius
    so is redsnow 0.8 the 3gs version?
    redsn0w is an easy to use, multi-platform, multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G/3GS and also the iPod touch (first and second generation). It is available for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
    FOLLOW ME>>>>
    Subscribe to my channel>>>>
    CLICK HERE TO GO TO ICEM/\N's Youtube Channel
    HIT THAT REP/ THANKS BUTTON FOR USEFUL POSTS!
    IF YOU INSTALL ONE OF MY RELEASES PLEASE PRESS THE INSTALLED BUTTON!
    Forum Rules
    A Noob Guide
    Let ICEM/\N Mod your iPhone 3G
    Guide to install iPhone/iTouch Game & App Files

sigpic

Comment

• tlpalmer01
      • Feb 20

i fubar my ipod touch and spent several hours trying to fix to no avail so i went to restore settings thru itunes and it would only do it by allowing me to up date to 3.1.1 software..does anyone know if i can use the same program to jail break this...i was disappointed to cause i had already jail broke it and what not but now i know how to do it and i didnt loose any apps or anything.....

Comment

• broSki
        Old Timer/Snr Member
        • Feb 12

Originally posted by tlpalmer01
        i fubar my ipod touch and spent several hours trying to fix to no avail so i went to restore settings thru itunes and it would only do it by allowing me to up date to 3.1.1 software..does anyone know if i can use the same program to jail break this...i was disappointed to cause i had already jail broke it and what not but now i know how to do it and i didnt loose any apps or anything.....
        im not sure about the ipod touch but on the iphone 3.1 firmware, u cant jailbreak b/c its not out yet...
        NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
        LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
        LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
        Sprint Speed:

sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

i know that you can get it jailbroke even on the new software, you may have to wait for iceman to respond, remember him talking about that not too long ago, maby even in this thread.

Comment

• tlpalmer01
            • Feb 20

i read the tthread but didnt see it, i did do some searching on a post in this thread about 3.0.1 firmware and it looks like broski is right there is an update for it to be broken yet but they are working on it, i found out i could go back on the firmware but i am just going to wait for the update...thanks dash and broski for the response..............

Comment

• broSki
              Old Timer/Snr Member
              • Feb 12

i read the tthread but didnt see it, i did do some searching on a post in this thread about 3.0.1 firmware and it looks like broski is right there is an update for it to be broken yet but they are working on it, i found out i could go back on the firmware but i am just going to wait for the update...thanks dash and broski for the response..............
              well if ur on 3.0.1 then yes u can jailbreak, but for 3.1,not yet.
              NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
              LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
              LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
              Sprint Speed:

sigpic

Comment

• benmiller
                • Feb 09

Is there anyway to get the new redsnow without using a torrent? I do most my downloading at work sense my gf doesn't like me downloading thigns to her computer sense its the only one hooked up to the internet. And im sure my boss even though she is pretty cool wouldnt like having it on the work computer. I just want to get this set up so when I get my Itouch 2nd gen on monday I can get errr broken and load the thing full of games.

Comment

• D/\SH
                  Owner - Staff
                  • Feb 07

Originally posted by benmiller
                  Is there anyway to get the new redsnow without using a torrent? I do most my downloading at work sense my gf doesn't like me downloading thigns to her computer sense its the only one hooked up to the internet. And im sure my boss even though she is pretty cool wouldnt like having it on the work computer. I just want to get this set up so when I get my Itouch 2nd gen on monday I can get errr broken and load the thing full of games.

use google.... i found right away by searching redsn0w..... but i can get direct link and not the google one below if y0u tell me what iphone you have or is it an itouch?
                  Code:
                  http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS345&=&q=redsn0w&btnG=Google+Search

Comment

• benmiller
                    • Feb 09

ughh I feel like a idiot I didnt think about googleing and I google everything Im getting a 2nd gen Itouch 8gig just ordered it today.

Comment

• D/\SH
                      Owner - Staff
                      • Feb 07

ughh I feel like a idiot I didnt think about googleing and I google everything Im getting a 2nd gen Itouch 8gig just ordered it today.
                      here you go and heres the steps... net tothe torrent link is the direct download:

download:
                      Code:
                      http://theiphoneproject.org/windows/redsn0w-win_0.7.2.zip
                      other stuff you need tio kailbreak nad the instructions
                      Code:
                      http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/07/06/redsn0w-free-download-to-jailbreak-and-unlock-iphone-2g-and-3g-or-ipod-touch-1g-and-2g/

Comment

• benmiller
                        • Feb 09

awsome thanks a million dash as always you are a huge help. Downloading everything now.

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

awsome thanks a million dash as always you are a huge help. Downloading everything now.

no worries and let me know if you have any questions.... all should be good though..... and are you on 3.1 firmware or the older version?

Comment

• benmiller
                            • Feb 09

havent gotten it yet I just ordered the refurbished 2nd gen itouch from Apples online store so it should be here monday or tuesday so I just got to rid out the weekend then I have a new toy to play with.

Comment

• PHE-NOM
                              Creativity Unleashed
                              • Oct 14

havent gotten it yet I just ordered the refurbished 2nd gen itouch from Apples online store so it should be here monday or tuesday so I just got to rid out the weekend then I have a new toy to play with.
                              dont put the 3.1 firmware on it yet, 3.0.1 is okay, but 3.1 is not. they are still working on jailbreak for that....
                              sigpic

NEW TO SPJ? CLICK HERE

NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FLASH? CLICK HERE

QUIERES SABER COMO DESBLOQUEAR Y FLASHAR TU TELEFONO? PRESIONA AQUI
                              TIENES PREGUNTAS SOBRE APPLICACIONES O TEMAS, PERO NO SABES HABLAR INGLES? PRESIONA AQUI

Comment

• D/\SH
                                Owner - Staff
                                • Feb 07

Originally posted by PHE-NOM
                                dont put the 3.1 firmware on it yet, 3.0.1 is okay, but 3.1 is not. they are still working on jailbreak for that....

yuppers thats hy i was asking

Comment

Working...