Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tek
    • Nov 26

Re: Alienware Theme

stupid question. But how do you erase the .zip?
    I tried to rename it but now its just alien.theme.zip
    I tried to edit it on my laptop and on my phone using resco explorer.
    I cant get rid of the .zip

I know on a txt file you just save it as .html and it will change it to a html file. But i've never had to change a zip file to something else and been at it for 30min. Just cant figure out what im doing wrong.

Comment

• Superman369
      • Sep 22

Originally posted by tek
      stupid question. But how do you erase the .zip?
      I tried to rename it but now its just alien.theme.zip
      I tried to edit it on my laptop and on my phone using resco explorer.
      I cant get rid of the .zip

I know on a txt file you just save it as .html and it will change it to a html file. But i've never had to change a zip file to something else and been at it for 30min. Just cant figure out what im doing wrong.
      Ive said this many times, I guess you havent seen it yet. You have to put the file on your phone, use regular file explorer, click and hold on the zip file, select properties, then erase all but the theme name, and add .theme at the end. That will change the file to a .theme and get rid of the zip. You CAN NOT do it on your comp. Hope this helps:)
      Got a ? Use The Help Desk Here
      Need it all in one thread?Click Here
      Learn How To Flash A Rom?Click Here
      Are You New To The Scene?Click Here
      Need to Learn How To Search? Click Here
      The End All, Be All of Noob Guides.Click Here

sigpic
      Make Sure You Hit The Thanks And/Or Installed Buttons If Someone Helps You Or You Use There Programs!!!

Comment

• tek
        • Nov 26

Oh damn. Thanks man. I actually read through alot. Because i had no idea how to get a theme on my phone. I managed to figure it out after some reading but must of missed where you said that. Thanks a million bro

I loaded the batman theme which i had to unload because when i would slide out the qwerty the screen is just lines and you cant see anything. But i did notice it was something like 978 files, samething for the sexychic theme. How come so few files in this zip?

--------- New Post Merged on 1/1/2009 at 1103 --------

Originally posted by Superman369
        Ive said this many times, I guess you havent seen it yet. You have to put the file on your phone, use regular file explorer, click and hold on the zip file, select properties, then erase all but the theme name, and add .theme at the end. That will change the file to a .theme and get rid of the zip. You CAN NOT do it on your comp. Hope this helps:)
        I must be missing something simple. If i use the reg file explorer (on my phone) and hold the stylus on the zip, properties isnt an option.

I can cut, copy, rename, delete, send, beam file... Those are my only options.

If I used Resco Explorer I have properties as an option and it says .theme.zip on the top which i cant change.
        Last edited by tek; January 01, 2009, 10:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• TaylorSPJ
          Nickel Nickel NINE
          • Oct 17

Originally posted by tek
          Oh damn. Thanks man. I actually read through alot. Because i had no idea how to get a theme on my phone. I managed to figure it out after some reading but must of missed where you said that. Thanks a million bro

I loaded the batman theme which i had to unload because when i would slide out the qwerty the screen is just lines and you cant see anything. But i did notice it was something like 978 files, samething for the sexychic theme. How come so few files in this zip?

I must be missing something simple. If i use the reg file explorer (on my phone) and hold the stylus on the zip, properties isnt an option.

If I used Resco Explorer I have properties as an option and it says .theme.zip on the top which i cant change.
          go here
          https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/s...theme+tutorial
          then come back and tell us if that helps.
          New to the site click here
          Need to learn to flash Rom's click here
          For all my Hacks, Cabs and Tweaks click here
          AND IF SOMEONE HAS HELPED YOU HIT DA THANKS BUTTON!!!

Comment

• Superman369
            • Sep 22

Originally posted by tek

Yea that was my bad, I forgot to say use regular file explorer with the File extension add-on. Its attached to my tutorial.

sigpic
            Make Sure You Hit The Thanks And/Or Installed Buttons If Someone Helps You Or You Use There Programs!!!

Comment

• tek
              • Nov 26

Yea that was my bad, I forgot to say use regular file explorer with the File extension add-on. Its attached to my tutorial.
              Ah sweet!! No prob Super, Yeah, that was it. That file extension add-on was why i couldnt figure it out. I knew it had to be something simple. I didnt know about that till Taylor said something. Thanks guys.

WOrks great cept the home page. My clock looks the same. I would of thought maybe because i have a stock ROM, but when i installed the batman theme I got the custom clock, the same style clock thats in this theme, So im not sure why it didnt change when i installed this theme. It did change the time color to blue. But that was it.

Comment

• Superman369
                • Sep 22

Originally posted by tek
                Ah sweet!! No prob Super, Yeah, that was it. That file extension add-on was why i couldnt figure it out. I knew it had to be something simple. I didnt know about that till Taylor said something. Thanks guys.

WOrks great cept the home page. My clock looks the same. I would of thought maybe because i have a stock ROM, but when i installed the batman theme I got the custom clock, the same style clock thats in this theme, So im not sure why it didnt change when i installed this theme. It did change the time color to blue. But that was it.
                It changed color, but its not digital? Is the surrounding box semi-transparent?

sigpic

Comment

• tek
                  • Nov 26

PS: Taylor your video isnt working on that link you posted. Its just html code. Wasnt sure if you knew or not.

Also about the home page Clock. I remember reading just use the manila files. So thats all I zipped up and used to change my theme. I left the 4 image files out of the zip. But I doubt a few background images would have anything to do with changing the clock right?

LOve the theme though!!! AWesome work,

Comment

• Superman369
                    • Sep 22

Originally posted by tek
                    PS: Taylor your video isnt working on that link you posted. Its just html code. Wasnt sure if you knew or not.

Also about the home page Clock. I remember reading just use the manila files. So thats all I zipped up and used to change my theme. I left the 4 image files out of the zip. But I doubt a few background images would have anything to do with changing the clock right?

LOve the theme though!!! AWesome work,
                    Who knows, try makin em all into the theme and try that way. Thats what I did when I ran this theme and it worked perfect.

sigpic

Comment

• Superman369
                      • Sep 22

And thanks for the heads up, I fixed the video on my tutorial.

sigpic

Comment

• tek
                        • Nov 26

It changed color, but its not digital? Is the surrounding box semi-transparent?
                        The clock that the HTC has when you first buy it. (Digital numbers in one rectangle box). It still looks exactly like that. Cept the numbers are blue.
                        In the image for the theme in this post it shows the clock as semi-transparent and split down the middle. I dont have that at all.
                        The batman theme did that for me. it made the clock slightly trasnparent, and split it down the middle, hour on one side minutes on the other, and the minutes would flip down as the changed. But i still have the boring stock clock for some reason.

Comment

• Superman369
                          • Sep 22

Originally posted by tek
                          The clock that the HTC has when you first buy it. (Digital numbers in one rectangle box). It still looks exactly like that. Cept the numbers are blue.
                          In the image for the theme in this post it shows the clock as semi-transparent and split down the middle. I dont have that at all.
                          The batman theme did that for me. it made the clock slightly trasnparent, and split it down the middle, hour on one side minutes on the other, and the minutes would flip down as the changed. But i still have the boring stock clock for some reason.
                          Lol, i know bro, ya just posted that, LMAO. Just try like I said and put all the files into the theme file. That should work:)

sigpic

Comment

• tek
                            • Nov 26

Well I gave it a shot like you suggested. I zipped up every file and not just the manila files. But thats only 4 extra files. 1 is the background image. as seen on the post. another is kinda like a demo pic of what the theme looks like and it looks like the last 2 are alternative backgrounds he stuck in there. Im not sure why im stuck with the ugly stock clock. (scraching head)

Hey Super, theres not a .cab file out there that makes the clock look semitransparent like in this theme is there?

Because i could just simply install that and as Dash would say. "Im Golden" lol

Comment

• Superman369
                              • Sep 22

You can try this https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/a...7&d=1228264245 Its glassclock.....but it may mess up the blue digital clock. But give it a try anyway. I dont know why its messed up on your phone, it works fine on mine.

sigpic

Comment

• tek
                                • Nov 26

You can try this https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/a...7&d=1228264245 Its glassclock.....but it may mess up the blue digital clock. But give it a try anyway. I dont know why its messed up on your phone, it works fine on mine.
                                It actually didnt do anything lol. After i installed it, it said it would reset after i press okay. So I did that. And nothing. Everything looks the same. Still the stock rectangle box with blue digital letters. im looking through threads to see if theres any thing else, i see where you gave someone else this who needed it for flip2clock and they said they are loving it. But after install and soft reset it didnt do anything at all.
                                And installing the theme is simple enough (after i found out how to rename it) so I couldnt have screwed that up.. Not sure why i cant get my clock changed.

I guess no worries man. Its just a clock. It would rock if I could get it to look like its supposed to so i could add the background image that came with this theme to make it look right. But i dont wanna drive you crazy bro

Comment

Working...