Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

Add Colored Chat Bubbles to Text Messages

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

[RELEASE] Add Colored Chat Bubbles to Text Messages

Add Colored Chat Bubbles to Text Messages

Some users have grown tired of the standard Windows Mobile threaded SMS layout because of its dull and outdated look. Contrastingly, third party SMS apps often have nicer looking designs for text conversations partially because they integrate colored chat bubbles. This makes it easier to differentiate where each text starts and ends. It also gives the SMS interface a modern feel. Well, thanks to XDA, we can now easily add chat bubbles to texts messages.
    Yxyn, from XDA-developers, has created a template to add a bubble and splash of color to each incoming and outgoing text message. To add the bubbles to your standard Windows Mobile texts, simply download the appropriate ZIP file for your version of Windows Mobile to your desktop, unzip the contents within and transfer it to the “Windows” directory of your device. Keep in mind that this will overwrite the existing files, so be sure to back them up before you proceed. If you have trouble overwriting the original files, use a program like Total Commander or Resco Explorer.
    I should note that there appears to be a contrast in shade, especially in the grey bubbles, but I still feel they look better than the plain white screen. This hack will most likely encourage other users to create their own designs; so if you're not a fan of the color scheme shown in the shot above, check the XDA thread often for more color options.
    Note: the hack should work for the most common resolutions. It seems to be hit or miss for some users, so please be sure to backup your files in the event that you need to revert back.
    Update: it appears that CAB files have been created for easy installation. Grab them from either anaadoul or madsurfer1. (Thanks, Ed! - in the comments)
    (via: CareAce)

originally found here:
    Code:
    http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/add-colored-chat-bubbles-to-threaded-texts?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pocketnow+%28pocketnow.com%29&utm_content=FaceBook
  • Mike20PR
    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
    • Mar 31

Re Add Colored Chat Bubbles to Text Messages

hahaha i was just looking at that mod, seems really interesting. But im spoiled by HTC messaging since i dont have any issues so far.

I might try a stripped 6.5.5 ROM (Mighty Void) and use this mod so it wont be so boring lol. We need more things like this to make the default windows interface more appealing
    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• mzlady26
      mzlady26
      • Jan 17

Re: Add Colored Chat Bubbles to Text Messages

This will add a little excitement to messaging instead of looking at all white.
      Sexxy 1

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by mzlady26
        This will add a little excitement to messaging instead of looking at all white.
        hahah word and it kind of reminds me of the vito sms style without all the other junk which is nice.

Comment

• montez25
          • Jun 23

good find. i've been getting tired of my pain text look.
          that's just what i do!!!

Comment

• ON3/\L
            SPJ Supporter/Promoter
            • Jan 28

Re Add Colored Chat Bubbles to Text Messages

I was just looking for something like this the other day for a friend who wanted a different look for sms. I like HTC Messaging so I'm ok for now, but this does look pretty sweet and if it was a .cab I might try it but I don't feel like backing up and tinkering w all that right now.. I'm gonna keep an eye on how this progresses and go from there. Iff I get bored enough I may give it a shot
            sigpic

ON3/\L ProDuction$
            Code:
            http://www.youtube.com/user/ON3ALProDuctions
            Thanks to SPJ and all who contribute I am able to use my Touch Pro at it's full potential. If anyone has helped you, don't forget to hit that handy little thanks button!

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Re: Re Add Colored Chat Bubbles to Text Messages

Originally posted by ON3/\L
              I was just looking for something like this the other day for a friend who wanted a different look for sms. I like HTC Messaging so I'm ok for now, but this does look pretty sweet and if it was a .cab I might try it but I don't feel like backing up and tinkering w all that right now.. I'm gonna keep an eye on how this progresses and go from there. Iff I get bored enough I may give it a shot
              you may want to read the last 2 lines before the developers link at the end... says click here for cab that was made by...... hahaha

Comment

• Kiit408
                My Phone Is Black
                • Jun 12

any news on using it on sense ui 2.5?
                sigpic

Comment

Working...