• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BucksFloBx
    It just business...
    • May 11

[NEW] MMS Fix for Custom Manila 25 ROMs DOWNLOAD BELOW By Valkyrie/Ace10134

Summary
    If you have one of the custom Manila 2.5 ROM's on your Touch Pro 2, then you'll need this! Currently, you cannot send MMS messages while on Manila 2.5, but now you can! This is confirmed to work on the EnergyROM and on the T-Mobile network. Hopefully the AT&T network will work too.

Features
    Enjoy the revolutionary MMS client included in Manila 2.5!
    Send and recieve pictures up to 1024 KB

DOWNLOADS
    T-Mobile:
    AT&T:
    Verizon:
    Sprint:
    Other Networks:
    This one is for other networks, and you will have to configure it yourself
    After installing, go to the Messaging tab within Manila, and click All Messages
    Then click Menu -> Settings -> Options
    Then click Menu -> MMS Server
    Click on SampleMMSC, and enter your MMS settings based on provider
    Then your MMS should be working!

Troubleshooting
    If you get a "Permissions" error, that means Messaging is still open. Either close Messaging from a task manager, Or soft restart your phone, and install the CAB directly after restarting.
    Attached Files

i930 / Moto Q / PPC-6800 / Touc Pro ( 5 replacements ) / Touch Pro 2
  • jr5416
    • May 12

Re MMS Fix for Custom Manila 25 ROMs DOWNLOAD BELOW By Valkyrie/Ace10134

Is this for picture mail or to send email ? Because i cant send pics, and i really need something to let me send pics , i tried the arsoft program but it didnt worl for me i tried this and it didnt work either
    sigpic

If i helped hit that THANKS button

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Re: MMS Fix for Custom Manila 25 ROMs DOWNLOAD BELOW By Valkyrie/Ace10134

ummm picture mail thats whyw it says mms all over the place including in the name of the files that are attached to download.

Comment

• broSki
        Old Timer/Snr Member
        • Feb 12

ill test this out in the new NRGZ LEo rom that he will release today and let u guys know how this works
        NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
        LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
        LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
        Sprint Speed:

sigpic

Comment

• raulsosa
          • Dec 27

i test it out already on touch pro2 from sprint and running the energy rom and doest work... idk if is just me.

Comment

• broSki
            Old Timer/Snr Member
            • Feb 12

Originally posted by raulsosa
            i test it out already on touch pro2 from sprint and running the energy rom and doest work... idk if is just me.
            this is for the manila 2.5 only, not the 2.1.
            NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
            Sprint Speed:

sigpic

Comment

• BucksFloBx
              It just business...
              • May 11

Re Re MMS Fix for Custom Manila 25 ROMs DOWNLOAD BELOW By Valkyrie/Ace101

Originally posted by broSki
              this is for the manila 2.5 only, not the 2.1.
              Manila 2.5. I have trouble as well...I was @ work for a hour to see what I can do and nothing yet. I believe you have to put the Server HTTP on CDMA and on GSM

Comment

• D/\SH
                Owner - Staff
                • Feb 07

Re: Re Re MMS Fix for Custom Manila 25 ROMs DOWNLOAD BELOW By Valkyrie/Ace

Originally posted by BucksFloBx
                Manila 2.5. I have trouble as well...I was @ work for a hour to see what I can do and nothing yet. I believe you have to put the Server HTTP on CDMA and on GSM
                have you tried that setting with the sim card in the device.

Comment

• BucksFloBx
                  It just business...
                  • May 11

Re Re Re MMS Fix for Custom Manila 25 ROMs DOWNLOAD BELOW By Valkyrie/Ace

Originally posted by D/\SH
                  have you tried that setting with the sim card in the device.
                  Good idea! Right now I have Calkulins Rom and I am trying to see if this work

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Re: Re Re Re MMS Fix for Custom Manila 25 ROMs DOWNLOAD BELOW By Valkyrie/

Originally posted by BucksFloBx
                    Good idea! Right now I have Calkulins Rom and I am trying to see if this work
                    aight let me know... i know that with tethering had to be that way too

Comment

• meansixx
                      SPJ Junkie
                      • Jun 13

tried this out on juicys and it was a no go

Comment

• D/\SH
                        Owner - Staff
                        • Feb 07

Originally posted by meansixx
                        tried this out on juicys and it was a no go
                        mmm seems like it may only work on gsm devices than since many of the roms cdma wise are a no go

Comment

• broSki
                          Old Timer/Snr Member
                          • Feb 12

I havent tested yet guys, im waiting on NRGZ new 2.5 rom, he had a small hiccup with the twitter tab so he pulled it and is now workin on getting it fixed, this supposedly works only on the latest 2.5 roms, i dnt kno about juicy or mighty or others but I kno NRGZ does got the new 2,5 packages, so ill holler lol

--------- New Post Merged on 10/11/2009 at 0202 --------

well this one is a bust for me on nrgz lates leo rom, i see he has the carriers already on it but i cant choose sprint it just stays as sampleserver crap...wthhhhhh lol
                          Last edited by broSki; November 10, 2009, 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
                          Sprint Speed:

sigpic

Comment

• deherrmm
                            • Nov 10

No go on Sprint Touch Pro CDMA-EnergyROM xx504 Manila 2.5. energyrom 11/10/09

After a fresh install, I installed CAB. Verified settings in tools options.

ON NEW SMS/MMS:
                            I can create new SMS/MMS messages, attach pics etc. However, pics never get received. After a while, I get message saying they could not be sent.
                            When someone sends MMS, I get a msg saying new picturemail, but nothing in message.

ON AN SMS REPLY:
                            My send button disappears. :( Enter key actually does linefeed, not send message.

Crossing fingers to fix! Cobra ROM 1.1 (xx504) had MMS workign on it's client without picturemail.

Hope info helps.

Comment

• drdrewdown
                              • May 23

for you NRG rom addicts there is guide ThreeFace from ppggeeks made. its amazing. it has information regarding MMS & how to work around it/fix it. hope this helps some of you.

deherrmm thanks alot for posting up the information you did. saved me some time & i'm going to look at the guide for how to make things work. cheers

Code:
                              http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95562
                              |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23504) |Nov10| Manila 2.1

Comment

Working...