X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike20PR
    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
    • Mar 31

MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero 2.0 updated 1.11.2010

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom Hero ROM for the CDMA Hero! No wipe is required for this ROM.

MCR now optionally includes Wavesecure in ROM, allowing you to lock / locate / wipe your device remotely in the event of loss and be notified if the SIM is changed. The application cannot be uninstalled by a thief and we are actively working with Wavesecure to ensure that in a forthcoming release, your settings will survive a hard reset!

This ROM is based on the updated 'MR' ROM release series (together with my own optimisations) for the best possible performance! The ROM is packaged as a core version with optional add on packs.

Included in the 'core'

- Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boost speed of the ROM
    - Rooted with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
    - A2SD included (fully automatic - thanks cyanogen!) - create a EXT2 partition as your second partition to use. dalvik-cache remains on device.
    - Added Jbed Java
    - Added Dropbear SSH running by default, check 'About' screen for password (port 2222). You can now remove this by running /system/bin/removedropbear.sh
    - Added Notes app from Dragon
    - Added Spare Parts (run it and switch the 2 animation types to 'fast' for an even better experience!)
    - Added WiFi Status indicator, with kind permission of Andrew Schwimmer
    - Added busybox 1.15.3 with Droid Explorer support
    - Added nano 2.09 - text editor for use in shell mode
    - Added parted and sqlite tools
    - Added terminfo and settings to boot.img to allow nano etc. use
    - Added files required for Debian linux including loxley's updated bootdeb script
    - Added all 4 available HTC widgets
    - Moved Quickoffice to data partition to allow easy uninstall
    - Moved Google Maps and Google Voice Search to data partition to allow easy update
    - Deleted 'Learn More' application
    - Silenced boot sound (it's still there and can be reactivated with a file edit)
    - You can now check your MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) version from the about menu

Included in main 'enhanced' add on pack

- Added Business Card Scanner
    - Added 'Plurk' client
    - Added WAP browser

Other optional add on packs (apply as normal update zips)

- 'WaveSecure' add on pack (puts Wavesecure in ROM - it is no longer in core)
    - 'Boot Sounds' add on pack (restores boot sounds)
    - 'Hebrew Fonts' add on pack (installs hebrew fonts)

Recommended applications (available from the market)

- More Locale for setting non english Locales

Downloads

'Core' download: http://www.romraid.com/paul/hero/2.0-updat...core-signed.zip

'Enhanced' add on pack: http://www.romraid.com/paul/hero/2.0-updat...nced-signed.zip

'Wavesecure' add on pack: http://www.romraid.com/paul/3.0.0.43-updat...cure-signed.zip
    'Boot Sounds' add on pack: http://content.modaco.net/hero/1.1-update-...unds-signed.zip
    'Hebrew Fonts' add on pack: http://content.modaco.net/hero/1.0-update-...onts-signed.zip

ENSURE YOU DO A NANDROID BACKUP SO YOU CAN 'ROLL BACK' IF REQUIRED!

Please note that first boot may take a little while, especially if you have a lot of apps on your A2SD partition. Be patient! If you want a real clean start or you have issues with your existing A2SD installed apps when you boot, you need to wipe your EXT2 partition on SD too by executing 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app', 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app-private' and 'adb shell reboot' ;)

The ROM is in an update.zip format for installation via the custom recovery image.

For the complete newbies, these are the steps you need to take with a 'virgin' Hero:

- Download and install (via rooting) the patched recovery image (step by step guide to follow)
    - Download this custom ROM, and copy it to your SD card
    - Enter the recovery image (if you're not in it already) by powering on while pressing 'home'
    - Select 'nandroid backup' from the menu to do a backup
    - If you copied the custom rom as update.zip, select 'apply sdcard:update.zip', else select the option below.
    - all done

Feedback / feature requests welcome! :)

Code:
    http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/295568/11-jan-2-0-modaco-custom-rom-for-sprint-cdma-hero/

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.jpg
Views:	1799
Size:	90 Bytes
ID:	439453

Name:	snapshot2.jpg
ID:	439454

Name:	snapshot3.jpg
ID:	439455

Name:	snapshot4.jpg
ID:	439456

Name:	snapshot5.jpg
ID:	439457

Name:	snapshot6.jpg
ID:	439458

Name:	snapshot7.jpg
ID:	439459
    Last edited by puertoblack2003; January 11, 2010, 06:34 PM.
    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

• puertoblack2003
    OG Member
    • Nov 08

Re: [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveSecu

I'll wait on some feedbacks on this..

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Re: [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveSecu

can wait to see what the hero people say on this rom

Comment

• GokuSS3
        • Jun 02

Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveSecu

No Screen shots for this bummer !!!
        sigpic
        The Must Read Noob Guide!!!Click Here
        How To Flash A Rom!!!Click Here
        If I Have Helped Be Sure To Hit That Thanks Button!!!

Comment

• VenumX
          The VenumX Factor
          • Nov 14

Re Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveS

Originally posted by GokuSS3
          No Screen shots for this bummer !!!
          uhh it doesnt look that different but ill take some, ive been running it for like 5 hours now...im actually on 1.0 but 1.1 is the same as 1.0 with a minor filesystem change...so i just manually changed it...

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Wanna Introduce Yourself?! Click HERE

Need to flash a rom?
          stlouisfinest68 has a great video tutorial on how to do it, click HERE

Forum Rules: --> HERE
          Join A Group:--> HERE
          Learn To Get Around The Forum:--> HERE

Comment

• forty01
            Supporter
            • Nov 24

Re Re Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring Wa

Originally posted by VenumX
            uhh it doesnt look that different but ill take some, ive been running it for like 5 hours now...im actually on 1.0 but 1.1 is the same as 1.0 with a minor filesystem change...so i just manually changed it...
            I've been pretty busy as of late, so haven't had the time to flash, but wanted to know what your thoughts were compared to Stock. Is it worth making the jump??? The apps2sd is huge, so that alone is why I'll most likely make the jump :) Thanks V.
            sigpic
            About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
            Flashing a ROM Click Here
            Noob Zone Click Here
            How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Re: Re Re Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring

Originally posted by forty01
              I've been pretty busy as of late, so haven't had the time to flash, but wanted to know what your thoughts were compared to Stock. Is it worth making the jump??? The apps2sd is huge, so that alone is why I'll most likely make the jump :) Thanks V.
              rooting is worth doing so you can install all the apps and games to your card and not the device bogging it down

Comment

• forty01
                Supporter
                • Nov 24

Re Re Re Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring

Originally posted by D/\SH
                rooting is worth doing so you can install all the apps and games to your card and not the device bogging it down
                For sure, Rooting has been done :) I'm just debating th Flash with time permitting. Modaco's Rom seems to be the only way to get app2sd and WiFi tether working, so that's why I'm leaning more towards. I was curious, because I know V had this done like 5 days ago and wanted some feedback, thanks all.
                sigpic
                About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
                Flashing a ROM Click Here
                Noob Zone Click Here
                How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• trentonmac
                  MurdaROM Creator
                  • Oct 15

Re: [ROM] 08/11 11 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveSecure

Updated first post to newest version.
                  sigpic
                  If anyone helps you out THANK them.

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                    OG Member
                    • Nov 08

If i was to weigh my options This rom is alot better scrolling response then fresh rom.Fresh needs to work on his rom for optimization, like modaco did on his rom.Not for looks...Battery life is the same on both roms i feel that the boot time on Madaco is alot quicker then fresh.

The only thing i have to figure out is how to update the latest firmware from sprint on Madaco rom.I guess i'll wait for his next release which it was mentioned that it will be fixed.

SPJ Bulletin @

Comment

• D/\SH
                      Owner - Staff
                      • Feb 07

Originally posted by puertoblack2003
                      If i was to weigh my options This rom is alot better scrolling response then fresh rom.Fresh needs to work on his rom for optimization, like modaco did on his rom.Not for looks...Battery life is the same on both roms i feel that the boot time on Madaco is alot quicker then fresh.

The only thing i have to figure out is how to update the latest firmware from sprint on Madaco rom.I guess i'll wait for his next release which it was mentioned that it will be fixed.
                      that sucks that you cant update.... are you talking the update that they released that was going to be fixing the sms and the other problems? (the one that came out about a month ago that we were trying to help mike20pr with)

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                        OG Member
                        • Nov 08

Re: MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero 2.0 updated 1.11.2010

updated post to 2.0 This is by far the best and fastest rom..I'm currently use it and love it.

SPJ Bulletin @

Comment

• chauleyb
                          • Feb 19

Re MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero 20 updated 1112010

updated post to 2.0 This is by far the best and fastest rom..I'm currently use it and love it.
                          word im lovin it too bro i wish i the espresso rosie was in it though but its all good.......i install the hebrew fonts but i cant to seem to find them i mean they can be used for texts fonts right????

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                            OG Member
                            • Nov 08

Re: Re MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero 20 updated 1112010

Originally posted by chauleyb
                            word im lovin it too bro i wish i the espresso rosie was in it though but its all good.......i install the hebrew fonts but i cant to seem to find them i mean they can be used for texts fonts right????
                            Honestly i have no idea, i not curious about it.But then again no one is talking about it at modaco...lol

SPJ Bulletin @

Comment

• chauleyb
                              • Feb 19

Re Re MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero 20 updated 1112010

Honestly i have no idea, i not curious about it.But then again no one is talking about it at modaco...lol
                              lol word aha well i took a chance and installed the blue espresso rosie so far so good hope it doesnt crash later

Comment

Working...