• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Waze (beta) (Freeware)

Originally posted by roopull
    Bizarre, D/\SH. The only time I have similar problems is when I'm driving pretty fast. I outrun their server, I think. Are you in a 3G area? That could be the issue... slow data. Around here, it's almost all Rev A.
    i dunno could be but even when i come to a stop it doesnt always load it... think im in rev a at all times and never drop to 1x.

Comment

• forty01
      Supporter
      • Nov 24

I've never had any issues with no moving. As for getting credit for the roads that are not there. Make sure you click on the pencil and then follow instructions.
      sigpic
      About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
      Flashing a ROM Click Here
      Noob Zone Click Here
      How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by forty01
        I've never had any issues with no moving. As for getting credit for the roads that are not there. Make sure you click on the pencil and then follow instructions.
        i know that but the map will be there and than disappear... the roads were showing than when my car gets to where the top of the screen was it is gone..... the whole map is gone.... and my vehicle does move i dont have a map to move across though cause it dissapears about 20 seconds after starting to drive in any area.... im giving up on this app and calling it a failure in my books.

Comment

• ronaldsdv
          • Mar 10

Re Waze (beta (Freeware

Originally posted by puertoblack2003
          well i tested this on the pro and i must say it's kinda ok the only thing is the scrollabilty is a little slow

Thank you for the feedback PB

Comment

• roopull
            Addict
            • Feb 27

For those of you who have it working well, you can make custom icons. They're just .png files. I made one that's a cartoony overhead of my van.

D/\SH, I'm thinking it's probably the ROM you're running. Wasn't that the issue, earlier?

I'm on a boring ole' stock Sprint ROM, myself.

Comment

• forty01
              Supporter
              • Nov 24

Hey Dash, when you get your Droid, try running it on there and then you can find out if has anything to do with location, data, and so forth. I ran this on my TP when it 1st came out and it ran w/o probs. Running it on Android has been spectacular, no problems at all. I think I mentioned this in the beginning of the thread and Roopull mentioned it again. This app is not what I use to find a location and get directions to. It can do that, but not with capabilities of other Navigation programs. However, it is a great program to communicate with your community on what the roads are looking like. If I know where I'm going, then I just run Waze and I can feel a little better about what I might run into on the way there :) I also, mentioned earlier in this thread how fast the communities are growing. I hoped on Waze from almost the beginning and I hardly saw any posts being relayed, but now it's all over the place and this program has not been out forever, but growing exponentially. Hey Roopull, with you being on the road all the time and no outlets, you can go pick up a portable charger. They run $50 or so and work great. Could be a good investment for yourself considering. I would, but that's just me ;)
              sigpic
              Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• roopull
                Addict
                • Feb 27

Re Waze (beta (Freeware

Hey Roopull, with you being on the road all the time and no outlets, you can go pick up a portable charger. They run $50 or so and work great. Could be a good investment for yourself considering. I would, but that's just me ;)
                Are you referring to the little chargers that run on AA batteries? If so, I have one, but only use it for emergencies.

As a side note, before long, I'll be at the top of the user rankings. :D

Comment

• D/\SH
                  Owner - Staff
                  • Feb 07

For those of you who have it working well, you can make custom icons. They're just .png files. I made one that's a cartoony overhead of my van.

D/\SH, I'm thinking it's probably the ROM you're running. Wasn't that the issue, earlier?

I'm on a boring ole' stock Sprint ROM, myself.
                  naw it was working on mighty than stopped working and tried on all the different roms including ones people have it running on and wont work for me in my area and i know im doing it right now too... im just gonna give up on this app i think... not worth the troubles for some silly stupid points.

Comment

• forty01
                    Supporter
                    • Nov 24

Like I said above, Dash, just try it on your Droid and then see how it runs for ya.
                    Naw Roopull, I'm referring to a $50 portable charger. Slightly bigger, you can charge it with AC and then get two full charges or run your phone while connected to it. Best Buy actually gave me Best Buy money for purchasing my Plasma through them and I used that to purchase my charger there. It's $50-$70, in the cell phone section. You can get it at other electronic stores, like Fry's and so forth. Good Luck to both of you.
                    sigpic
                    Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• D/\SH
                      Owner - Staff
                      • Feb 07

Like I said above, Dash, just try it on your Droid and then see how it runs for ya.
                      Naw Roopull, I'm referring to a $50 portable charger. Slightly bigger, you can charge it with AC and then get two full charges or run your phone while connected to it. Best Buy actually gave me Best Buy money for purchasing my Plasma through them and I used that to purchase my charger there. It's $50-$70, in the cell phone section. You can get it at other electronic stores, like Fry's and so forth. Good Luck to both of you.
                      yea i saw them things are you talking the ones trhat charge the phone remotely? they work with the droid eris?

Comment

• forty01
                        Supporter
                        • Nov 24

Re Waze (beta (Freeware

Originally posted by D/\SH
                        yea i saw them things are you talking the ones trhat charge the phone remotely? they work with the droid eris?
                        They do and it's not like I need mine all the time, but when you do... it's there for you. For Roopull, he would live off of them based off of GPS running and nothing to charge with, lol
                        sigpic
                        Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• roopull
                          Addict
                          • Feb 27

Hey, Thanks Forty01... Adding one of those chargers to my Christmas list. ha ha.

Comment

• D/\SH
                            Owner - Staff
                            • Feb 07

and just a little update for all, on the droid eris all day and waze actually works with it so i am happy and cant wait to get back to using this without the issues i was experiencing on my wm device.

Comment

• roopull
                              Addict
                              • Feb 27

We'll be expecting a thorough review! lol.

Comment

• D/\SH
                                Owner - Staff
                                • Feb 07

We'll be expecting a thorough review! lol.
                                of what? the app or the device?

Comment

Working...