PreThemer Website & App (Pre Themes, Boot Logos and Wallpapers)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

PreThemer Website & App (Pre Themes, Boot Logos and Wallpapers)

So I wanted to wait until a couple more things came together before making the announcement, and most of them have (aside from one thing) so I feel comfortable announcing the site. (not to mention, most people found out about it anyways, which is great, because now there's a nice collection of content)

PreThemer.com

Basically, PreThemer is a site where themers can upload their theme images and share them. The site will generate a zip file and an ipk file for the theme as well as screenshots.

With the zip file, you can install the theme as you normally would (via Webos Quick Install send or via winscp), however the IPK version makes theme installation and management a heck of a lot easier. Using WebOS Quick Install, you can install the theme and remove it just like you would with any other application. On install, replaced images are backed up and on uninstall they are restored to their proper places.

We've done the same with with bootlogos as well (easy install/remove).

PreWare:
    The guys over at Webos-Internals have included PreThemer in their PreWare feeds. Starting with the latest version of Preware, you will see a Themes section. Any theme uploaded to the site will appear here, and can be installed just like any other app. To remove the theme, just uninstall like you would with any other app.

The App:
    Originally the plan was to create a theme management app (to manage themes, wallpapers and boot logos), but as the site progressed and support came from WebOS Quick Install and PreWare, I've kind of put the app on hold. For the time being, themes can be easily managed with WOQI and/or PreWare, but if folks feel there's still a need for a dedicated Theme App, I will resume work on it.

Some Notes:
    --You should always start with the stock theme before installing themes. If you've themed your phone and never backed up, you can use the stock ipk file from here.
    --You should always uninstall a theme before installing a new theme. You don't want to end up mixing and matching things and getting things all mixed up when it comes time to uninstall.

Well, that's it folks. Any feedback, questions, comments, concerns etc are welcomed :)

*edit* since I forgot the URL like a dummy :)

PreThemer.com

originally found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-themes/203658-prethemer-website-app-pre-themes-boot-logos-wallpapers.html
Working...