[NEW] 12/09 ThrottleLauncher 10 RC3 (Fully rewritten :) )

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jr5416
    • May 12

[UPDATES] [NEW] 12/09 ThrottleLauncher 10 RC3 (Fully rewritten :) )

After two months of hard work I'm proud to announce ThrottleLauncher 1.0 RC2! This version has been fully rewritten and is working a lot faster and smoother than the previous versions providing a completly refreshed UI experience. The changes include, between many other features, reading from Facebook or RSS sources and much more flexibility for Theme developers.

Important

This software is provided ASIS, use it at your own risk.... and read all this page before installing!!

Please if you use this app, any feedback will be wellcome and will help in further development and bug solving. To post feedback use this web forum or the XDA developers one (search for the ThrottleLauncher thread ofcourse).

ThrottleLauncher will disable the security checks for 3rd party software from your device. This is necesary because TL uses reflection to load assemblies and the popup dialog will crash the system if it appears.

Prerequisites:

CPU: > 200 Mhz
    Storage Memory: ~2 MB (depends on the themes installed)
    Main memory: ~7 MB (depends on the themes installed)
    NET.CF 3.5 installed.
    Windows Mobile 5.0 or Greatter.
    To use flash plugin you need flashplayer 7 installed.
    Any device manufacturer and screen resolutions are supported!!
    Instalation

First of all, before installing, please perform a system backup. ThrottleLauncher 1.0 RC2 has followed lot's of prerelases (19) tested by betatesters to ensure your device is safe. Though this software is provided ASIS and without any waranty.

The instalation is really simple. Just copy the CAB file to your PocketPC and navigate with your device's fiel explorer to it's location and execute it from there. You can install the application on any media you want (Main memory, Storage Card, Internal Memory, etc) though using main memory is strongly recomended as it may improve performance.

If you are upgrading from a previous version is strongly recomended to uninstall it before installing ThrottleLauncher 1.0 RC2.

After installing ThrottleLauncher perform a softreset. When the device has stared up go to StartMenu > Settings > Personal > Today > Items and uncheck every today plugin other than ThrottleToday. ThrottleLauncher will start in your desktop. If you encounter problems when loading ThrottleLauncher, go to Start Menu > Programs > ThrottleConfig and ensure the Light3D theme is selected in the dropdown. Then hit "reload plugin".

1. Backup your device data.
    2. If you don't have a previous instalation skip to point 8.
    3. Backup your ThrottleLauncher directory if you have a previous instalation, specially if you have a customized theme.
    4. Unselect the today plugin if you have it activated.
    5. Softreset
    6. Uninstall all the previous versions of ThrottleLauncher.
    7. Softreset
    8. Copy the cab files you want to install using ActiveSync and continue this steps using your device.
    9. Install the ThrottleLauncher.cab file.
    10. Select ThrottleToday as today plugin (Start Menu > Settings > Today) and uncheck all other today plugins.
    11. ThrottleLauncher must now be showing on your Today screen. Congrats!!

Here you are ThrottleLauncher 1.0 RC3! It includes lots of improvements and bug fixes over the previous version. It's now really fast even on VGA and wVGA devices, includes some nice features for theme developers like fade in and fade out effects, animations have been optimized to work smoother... and much more!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jFhB0y8KQE
    Original Link:
    Code:
    http://www.throttlelauncher.com/portal/Downloads/ThrottleLauncher/throttlelauncher-10-rc2
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; September 12, 2009, 03:58 AM.
    sigpic

If i helped hit that THANKS button
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: [NEW][APP] ThrottleLauncher 10 RC2 (Fully rewritten :) )

this looks pretty nice.... those four boxes in the corner does anyone know if this is like an android style layout or what? any feedback would be appreciated even in video form.

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
      • Mar 27

Originally posted by D/\SH
      this looks pretty nice.... those four boxes in the corner does anyone know if this is like an android style layout or what? any feedback would be appreciated even in video form.
      he bro ADDET you tube vid will give this a go on my tp2 see how it runs never bin a fan of TL to buggy lag all they time but its full rewritten so lets see how it runs now

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
      ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
      Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; August 27, 2009, 04:42 AM.
      video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
      NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
      LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
      TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
      sigpic

Comment

• rev800x
        • Aug 19

This is sick! I'm gonna try this out for sure! Will let you know how it runs.

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by CYBER WEESJE
          he bro ADDET you tube vid will give this a go on my tp2 see how it runs never bin a fan of TL to buggy lag all they time but its full rewritten so lets see how it runs now

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
          ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
          Originally posted by rev800x

cant wait to see what you two think about it guys and damn weesje that video with evanesence is stuck in my mind now.... damn sexy voice on her.

Comment

• jr5416
            • May 12

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
            ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
            Hey guys i dont see any installs ?Lol
            sigpic

Comment

• rev800x
              • Aug 19

I'm lovin this! It works just like it's supposed to. Not sure what it will do to the battery life but I will monitor that. Not that it matters cause my TP dies in less then 8 hours anyway. Basically have a charger attached to my hip! Ha ha!

--------- New Post Merged on 28/8/2009 at 1130 --------

Any skins or new widgets for this yet?

--------- New Post Merged on 28/8/2009 at 1137 --------

One more ?, how do you configure the weather app?
              Last edited by rev800x; August 28, 2009, 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• jr5416
                • May 12

I'm lovin this! It works just like it's supposed to. Not sure what it will do to the battery life but I will monitor that. Not that it matters cause my TP dies in less then 8 hours anyway. Basically have a charger attached to my hip! Ha ha!

--------- New Post Merged on 28/8/2009 at 1130 --------

Any skins or new widgets for this yet?

--------- New Post Merged on 28/8/2009 at 1137 --------

One more ?, how do you configure the weather app?
                Wow 8hrs bro id suggest u look here and tweak up that battery life :
                Code:
                https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/battery-fix-t190086.html?t=190086&highlight=battery
                Code:
                https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/better-battery-life-t190330.html?t=190330&highlight=battery
                sigpic

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
                  • Mar 27

cant wait to see what you two think about it guys and damn weesje that video with evanesence is stuck in my mind now.... damn sexy voice on her.
                  he bro try it smoother then they previus releas they lag is almost gone its alot better they need some more widgets its different tl whas now fan of it but this is fairly good just no my thing

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
                  ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
                  video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
                  NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
                  LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
                  TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
                  sigpic

Comment

• rev800x
                    • Aug 19

Originally posted by jr5416
                    Wow 8hrs bro id suggest u look here and tweak up that battery life :
                    Code:
                    https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/battery-fix-t190086.html?t=190086&highlight=battery
                    Code:
                    https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/better-battery-life-t190330.html?t=190330&highlight=battery
                    I've tried all the battery hacks I can think of, including these. 8 hours is about all I can get out of her. Might have something to do with the Alltel/VZW merger and them messing with the towers. Phone goes back and forth from 1x-EVDO contently.

--------- New Post Merged on 28/8/2009 at 0140 --------

he bro try it smoother then they previus releas they lag is almost gone its alot better they need some more widgets its different tl whas now fan of it but this is fairly good just no my thing

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
                    ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
                    I liked the previous version, was just too buggy. This one seems a lot better. I like it so far.
                    Last edited by rev800x; August 28, 2009, 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• jdep1
                      • Mar 15

I've tried all the battery hacks I can think of, including these. 8 hours is about all I can get out of her. Might have something to do with the Alltel/VZW merger and them messing with the towers. Phone goes back and forth from 1x-EVDO contently.

I liked the previous version, was just too buggy. This one seems a lot better. I like it so far.
                      i agree its much better but its still not for me that battery drain is about the same as previouse versions

Comment

• rev800x
                        • Aug 19

Originally posted by jdep1
                        i agree its much better but its still not for me that battery drain is about the same as previouse versions
                        I actually never tried the previous version on my Touch Pro, just the Mogul which didn't have enough memory to run it.

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

try a different radio from the radio thread for touch pro which is stickied in the cooked roms section...... you can use any of those that you would like....

Comment

• rev800x
                            • Aug 19

try a different radio from the radio thread for touch pro which is stickied in the cooked roms section...... you can use any of those that you would like....
                            Tried that also. I'm using the best one I've found that gets the best signal and data speed, which might be at a cost for battery life.

Comment

• x1ggy
                              • Aug 28

i myself have tried all the battery hacks possible... so i went with the most sensible solution yet easiest i could think of...... i bought an extended battery!, i have a htc touch pro 2, the battery would last till about 3 or 4 with cooked roms, but now my mini pc (lol) runs ALL day long

Comment

Working...