[APP][BETA] gVo v01b - 08/10/09 (Google Voice Dialer)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drdrewdown
    • May 23

[APP][BETA] gVo v01b - 08/10/09 (Google Voice Dialer)

i take no credit for this, AssassinsLament over at XDA deserves 100% of the credit

So ever since the public invites started going out to google voice users, I've been looking for the perfect google voice dialer. Google has yet to release a windows mobile version for what ever reasons, and so I was on a mission to make my google voice life easier. I came across subpro's iDialer, which worked great but still wasn't as easy as I wanted it to be. Plus its integrated as a regular dialer too so it was a bit more complicated then I wanted. There is also OneDialer by m_drunk, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted either. I read about GVdialer but that one isn't free, so I didn't get a chance to try it. Anyways, so I spent two days (and nights) working on my own dialer. Finally, I have a workable application, so I thought I'd share it. Free of course.

Anyhow, here's what it is:

* Select contact and dials their Number (Mobile)
    * Enter in a non-contact number and dials
    * VGA Only (for now, since I only have a Fuze to test on)
    * Limited skin support (you can change some graphics, but not much else for now)
    * Limited landscape support

gVo dials your google number, enters your pin number (if you have one) then dials the person you wanted to call. This is the "Calling Card" method. Basically, it does what you can do by yourself, but in an automated way. Also, this method allows your google number to be show up to the person you're calling.

The other method I haven't implemented yet is the internet initiated google voice callback method. That method would mean having to use data to connect to google's website, then to tell google to place a call and google then would call you and the other party and connect you together. And I think this method shows your real number or a number you specify on google's site.

Anyhow visit google's website for more info on Google Voice.

Here's what it isn't: (yet?)

* Google Internet SMS
    * Google Callback
    * Landscape Support
    * Great Skin Support

I might add those features and more when I have time. Please note that I don't have very many friends or family with touch pro's so I really haven't tested gVo outside of my own phone. So remember this is an early beta, and there are bound to be bugs and issues. Please use this thread to point them out so I can better gVo (in my spare time).

And oh yeah, I do not take any responsibility for any harm this application does to you whether it be mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, etc. Also, I am in no way affiliated with Google, so all logos and whatever belong to them. I did this in my spare time, with the intention to share with everyone else in this great XDA community.

Enough of my blabbering and here is the cab, enjoy!

source
    Code:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546336
    Attached Files
    Last edited by puertoblack2003; August 10, 2009, 09:34 AM.
    |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23504) |Nov10| Manila 2.1
  • puertoblack2003
    OG Member
    • Nov 08

Re: [APP][BETA] gVo v01b - 08/10/09 (Google Voice Dialer)

drew if you can post the link to the author website for proper credit

thanks

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• drdrewdown
      • May 23

Code:
      http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546336
      |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23504) |Nov10| Manila 2.1

Comment

• jdep1
        • Mar 15

i would love to try that app im currently using gvdialer as a trial but yeah its not free & its also weird because i did a hard reset on my phone due to another app & gvdialer is still running even thought i didn't reinstalled after that hard reset. well hopefully in the feature this app well be available on qvga so i could try it out

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by jdep1
          i would love to try that app im currently using gvdialer as a trial but yeah its not free & its also weird because i did a hard reset on my phone due to another app & gvdialer is still running even thought i didn't reinstalled after that hard reset. well hopefully in the feature this app well be available on qvga so i could try it out
          than you msut not have got a full reset throuh because the app shouldnt and wouldnt be there after a full hard reset... you may wanna try to do that again.... well it could be there is you installed to your card.

Comment

• livinlifes2shor
            • Nov 30

gotta love google voice, are you going to continue to work on this and add the "what its not" a sms app using these features would be great!! Thanks

Comment

• V I P
              previously codydavis22
              • Oct 04

Does anybody have any invites to google voice? I would like to check it out.

Comment

• forty01
                Supporter
                • Nov 24

Sorry VIP, but they haven't let us have invites, since it was Grand Central and even then it's been a good while before the switch. Good Luck.
                sigpic
                About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
                Flashing a ROM Click Here
                Noob Zone Click Here
                How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• V I P
                  previously codydavis22
                  • Oct 04

Ok well I put my email address in for a request for it so hopefully they will send me one.

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

i have a number and use this on android, wm, and my pre...... love this application.

Comment

• forty01
                      Supporter
                      • Nov 24

Originally posted by D/\SH
                      i have a number and use this on android, wm, and my pre...... love this application.
                      I concur.
                      I don't use it for every call, but when I need it I just hold my Green/Send button and have it pulled up that way. I can then make any call I need showing my Google Voice number, instead of cell number.
                      sigpic
                      About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
                      Flashing a ROM Click Here
                      Noob Zone Click Here
                      How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• D/\SH
                        Owner - Staff
                        • Feb 07

Originally posted by forty01
                        I concur.
                        I don't use it for every call, but when I need it I just hold my Green/Send button and have it pulled up that way. I can then make any call I need showing my Google Voice number, instead of cell number.
                        well i dont use for every call either, its just for certain ones and i love it.

Comment

Working...