Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jr5416
    • May 12

[APP] Comm Manager 2950 Suite w/ Wifi Sharing [NEW 08/01/2009]

This isn't a new app or anything, it's just the latest Comm Manager (2.9.5.0) packaged in a suite. Not very cool is it? Well, the "cool" feature part is Wifi Sharing integrated into the Comm Manager. After going through some packages, I realized that I could integrate the new HTC Wifi Sharing application,into the Comm Manager itself. So after some playing around to try to get all the components to work, I finally got it and put it together in a package. So here it is!

What's in the suite?

CM_Bluetooth_1_1_4_0 (HTC Bluetooth Wizard - Helps make bluetooth pairing easier)
    CM_InternetSharing_0_9_2_0 (HTC Wifi Sharing Utility - Let's you share your data connection through wifi)
    CM_Phone_1_1_0_0 (HTC Phone and Pin Utility - Configuring phone settings)
    CM_WiFiWizard_1_7_3_0 (HTC Wifi Wizard - Helps make wifi connecting easier)
    CommManager_2_9_5_0 (HTC Communications Manager - Manages all of the above)
    HTCScroll_1_0_1914_2726 (HTC Scroll DLL - needed for Wifi Sharing)

Not much to say about it other than I "ported" the components myself from scratch from various leaked OEM roms such as the new TACHI and LEO, and put them all in one package. I also res hacked some better looking icons into the executables and resigned them, that's about it. I suppose this suite should work with all TouchPro variations at the least, but I have not tested that assumption so. For sure it works on my Fuze. So only install if you know what you're doing. I take no responsibilities for whatever comes from installing it. I make no claims as developing them. I just put them all together.

I will attach both a CAB, and EXT package version.

Enjoy!

Original Link:
    Code:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=543380
    Attached Files
    sigpic

If i helped hit that THANKS button
  • bshop856
    • Apr 15

Re: [APP] Comm Manager 2950 Suite w/ Wifi Sharing [NEW 08/01/2009]

Someone help please... I just reflashed my phone with the sss rom, but now when i open my comm manager, I cant turn on wifi. Its not even highlighted. So I tried to install this comm manager, but it will not work. I am getting a message saying install unsuccesful. I do not have sufficient system permission. WTF?

Comment

• jr5416
      • May 12

Originally posted by bshop856
      Someone help please... I just reflashed my phone with the sss rom, but now when i open my comm manager, I cant turn on wifi. Its not even highlighted. So I tried to install this comm manager, but it will not work. I am getting a message saying install unsuccesful. I do not have sufficient system permission. WTF?
      You have to make 80 posts now on order to download things for this site ,this is to prevent ppl from just download and take advantage
      sigpic

Comment

• bshop856
        • Apr 15

for real. Wow. I was hoping that donating to the site would help. Ok thanks. Any suggestions why the comm manager doesnt recognize wifi

Comment

• jr5416
          • May 12

for real. Wow. I was hoping that donating to the site would help. Ok thanks. Any suggestions why the comm manager doesnt recognize wifi
          I honestly dont know bro try a soft reset and try again see what happens .
          sigpic

Comment

• bshop856
            • Apr 15

Yeah, I already tried that. Thanks anyway....

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

you do have vip your gold and paying does get you in early without having to pay for it as the rues state...... is the app telling you unsuccessful when you try to install? and did you take the battery out ofr a minute and hard reset after the flash?

Comment

• drdrewdown
                • May 23

not sure what your history is with the flashing, but i would highly suggest flashing back to the stock rom for your carrier. then moving on to the new rom of your choice.. cough*energy*cough..

this should alleviate any issues with moving from rom to rom. its worth a shot! i'm sure you would like ur wifi to work.
                |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23504) |Nov10| Manila 2.1

Comment

Working...