Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

HTC Sense running on Vogue Android

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

HTC Sense running on Vogue Android

Code:
    http://pocketnow.com/news-archive/htc-hero-sense-ui-ported-to-windows-mobile
    above backs that statement up as you can clearly see it running smoothly on the HTC Tilt.

Apparently, they’ve managed to get data, audio, GPS, Flash, Market, Gmail and all the HTC apps & widgets to work so far. SMS and the camera are also partially working. “From first boot up, it goes right to the HTC setup. After that, it goes straight into the Sense UI. There’s a bit of lag initially, but after everything gets settled down, it becomes quite usable.”

Zenulator has been working on two different builds, the full Hero UI and one that he calls BackInBlack or the “minimal build.” The latter is a stripped down version that is a lot faster while still utilizing Sense UI and HTC widgets. Currently he’s concentrating on the minimal build because of its speed, but he will have the full build out shortly. So far it is reported that it works well on several devices. Check out the XDA-developer’s thread to see the lively discussion or to attempt to port it to your device.

Code:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542367
  • Mike20PR
    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
    • Mar 31

Re: HTC Sense running on Vogue Android

I gotta tell ya, the vogue is the only winmo device I have come to miss in a way since I got my pre. And this does not make it easier.... Nice. Android is the best thing I have ever done to my ol vogue, too bad it did not last long enough for me to try this puppy
    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by Mike20PR
      I gotta tell ya, the vogue is the only winmo device I have come to miss in a way since I got my pre. And this does not make it easier.... Nice. Android is the best thing I have ever done to my ol vogue, too bad it did not last long enough for me to try this puppy
      no phone is going to last you more than 4 months hahahahahaha but yeah the vogue is a beast and the main reason is because it was the first device to have that much memory through sprint by htc.... makes a big difference when you got the memory to work with unlike the mogul or the 6700 that came out before.

Comment

• Mike20PR
        SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
        • Mar 31

Originally posted by D/\SH
        no phone is going to last you more than 4 months hahahahahaha but yeah the vogue is a beast and the main reason is because it was the first device to have that much memory through sprint by htc.... makes a big difference when you got the memory to work with unlike the mogul or the 6700 that came out before.
        Hahaha true, ima true junkie can ya blame me? Seriously I habe a really good feeling that the pre will last a good while as my main line, but I can still get me some other devices to play with (gotta love grownup toys lol) but looking back at winmo, the vogue was the real deal. Small, solid, lots of compatible apps, android fully ported and working etc. The mogul was good but limited and for some reason I hated the touch pro even with the monster specs I was never as happy with it as I was with the vogue... I'm thinkin of getting me a cheap used one for testing. Nice having multiple devices isn't it dashy?
        ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
        ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
        ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
        ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by Mike20PR
          Hahaha true, ima true junkie can ya blame me? Seriously I habe a really good feeling that the pre will last a good while as my main line, but I can still get me some other devices to play with (gotta love grownup toys lol) but looking back at winmo, the vogue was the real deal. Small, solid, lots of compatible apps, android fully ported and working etc. The mogul was good but limited and for some reason I hated the touch pro even with the monster specs I was never as happy with it as I was with the vogue... I'm thinkin of getting me a cheap used one for testing. Nice having multiple devices isn't it dashy?
          hell yeah i got 8 different devices and 4 different operating systems :) its very nice :)

Comment

• benmiller
            • Feb 09

I hear ya on the vogue being a beast I love mine. You should see what they have been doing with the Hero port and Android port Im running the android currently sense there are still a few more bugs in the Hero port but now they have worked in compressed memory and swap files so its faster with less lag and downloaded apps have more space. I have been keeping up on it some pretty techie stuff going on updates about every day on the 2 sites.
            Code:

Code:
            [URL]http://code.google.com/p/vogue-hero/[/URL][URL="http://code.google.com/p/vogue-hero/"]
            [/URL]

Code:

Code:
            [URL]http://code.google.com/p/vogue-android/[/URL][URL="http://code.google.com/p/vogue-android/"]
            [/URL]

Im liking this so much more than windows and there coming up with some sweet games.

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Originally posted by benmiller
              I hear ya on the vogue being a beast I love mine. You should see what they have been doing with the Hero port and Android port Im running the android currently sense there are still a few more bugs in the Hero port but now they have worked in compressed memory and swap files so its faster with less lag and downloaded apps have more space. I have been keeping up on it some pretty techie stuff going on updates about every day on the 2 sites.
              Code:

Code:
              [URL]http://code.google.com/p/vogue-hero/[/URL][URL="http://code.google.com/p/vogue-hero/"]
              [/URL]
              Code:

Code:
              [URL]http://code.google.com/p/vogue-android/[/URL][URL="http://code.google.com/p/vogue-android/"]
              [/URL]
              Im liking this so much more than windows and there coming up with some sweet games.

yeah android is bad ass and love my g-1 withthe hero full rom ported over and working for it..... have a 8 gig card to install all my apps and games too also :)

Comment

• benmiller
                • Feb 09

what i like about the ported version all you need is a vogue a memory card and like 6 files and you can have a new os without any flashing or anything I ran into one of my older brothers friends and he had a vogue and I was all like nice phone huh and I should him mine and he was like holy cow thats sweet and he still had the cube running on his so I was like let me see your phone and threw in my card to show him how easy it was haha. I gotta get him a copy of the files im using cause its so stable and it almost looks like hero minus the htc widgets but it has the flip clock with weather and thats all I cared about anyways it even has an option to add up to 10 windows though I find 3 works just fine.

Comment

• thebabilonias
                  • Oct 23

I downloaded all the files needed but when I ran the haret program on my vogue there was an error message. help

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Originally posted by thebabilonias
                    I downloaded all the files needed but when I ran the haret program on my vogue there was an error message. help
                    what does the error message say... without what the error your getting being told to us we cant help you.

Comment

• benmiller
                      • Feb 09

Some times they dont have all the files in the bundles, makes sure you have system, zImage, initrd, rootfs, haret, and the default.txt file <-- may be the one your missing and for the vogue your going to need to go in and edit the text file and change one of the values to 3 but it explains that in the text file.

--------- New Post Merged on 31/8/2009 at 0344 --------

actually if you want a great build thats stable i just started using there newest android build labeled CyanogenModv4.0.3.1 and then swapped the system file system-jacmanxrom1.4r3 into it sense it has the better hero themed build with more extras and also java support.

--------- New Post Merged on 31/8/2009 at 0550 --------

though for some reason or another there is no zoom in the web browser but hey there is java support haha.
                      Last edited by benmiller; August 31, 2009, 04:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Bigrob
                        • Feb 07

Im just hoping that soon there wil be a way to run this OS as an exe on the TP, or TP2 :-D

Comment

• benmiller
                          • Feb 09

yeah that would be cool im waiting for the time when its a actual flash rom for the Vogue it will be fast as heck then.

Comment

• emaster101
                            • Sep 16

Why is it that the Vogue gets all the andriod ports? lol we need some TP ports.

Comment

• benmiller
                              • Feb 09

I think it has to do with the processor if im not mistakin but i could be I know they are working on one for the tp but you dont see nearly as much head way on that as you do the Vogue I think its because the Vogue is about the most awsome form factor its a beauty just the right thickness and shape and size. Thats why I want the Sprint hero it looks like the trackball version of the Vogue.

--------- New Post Merged on 4/9/2009 at 0700 --------

I would prolly say google it I have seen some youtube vids for the TP umm or search around on XDA I know they have been pretty much pushing this whole android port to every HTC device they can manage to get there hands on.
                              Last edited by benmiller; September 04, 2009, 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...