23Sep09NEW Manila 2D v20 build 19191432 from HTC Mega Other ADDONS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jr5416
    • May 12

[UPDATES] 23Sep09NEW Manila 2D v20 build 19191432 from HTC Mega Other ADDONS

[CENTER]Hi guys take no credit for this thanks to whitealien over at XDA for this
    M6.5 QVGA
    [/B][/RIGHT]

Hi guys,

New Manila v2.0 have been leaked from HTC. The great thing with this version is that it comes from HTC Mega, a.k.a Touch2 which have native QVGA screen resolution so there is no need for porting or resizing of applications.
    Big thanks goes to Da_G who made available to all of us build 19171723 and conflipper for latest build 19191432. Raw HTC Mega build 19171723 packages are here and build 19191432 packages are here.

NOTE:
    Originally Da_G posted Mega packages for cookers so they can cook into Roms. I just made a quick cab so anyone can benefit and try out before your favorite cookers will release new Roms. Making cabs still takes some time so I'll add other Mega cabs later.
    It is released as is, so it may or may not work on your device.

WHATS NEW IN THIS VERSION?
    • new home tab with flipping clock and weather widget [only in build 19191432 from 23-09-09]
    • it has new folderview (bugless finally), works flawlesly, also All settings soft key now is working properly with WM6.5.
    • footprints widget is working with latest build 19191432
    • there is new Sound Control canvas in settings tab
    • there is new Mail Setup canvas in settings tab (needs Email Setup Wizard and New Mail Account cabs to work, link below)

In my opinion the biggest change in this Manila version is HTC new approach to finger friendly menus, settings and applications in tight integration with Manila. The rest you can see in screenshoots.

MUST READ
    ----------------------------------
    • original version works only on WM6.5. I included patched version which should work with other phones and WM6.1 (thanks to mbarvian and silymore)
    • this is only WWE version, its not translated yet to other languages.
    • if you had any previous version of Manila, don't forget to uninstall it and do soft reset before installing this version. Also keep in mind that it will keep your personal settings, like people tab photos, weather cities or launcher number of rows/clomuns.
    • Manila customizer theme manager won't work properly since home tab is totally revamped by HTC
    • to set Opera as default browser in Manila you need to change the following registry settings:
      Code:
      \HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\
      "OperaEXEFile"=<Path to Opera>
      "WebBrowserType"=dword:00000001
    • Apparently leaked Manila files are beta version and for that reason debbug logger is enabled in some applications by default. So you will have to disable it by deleting this registry key as soon as you have finished installing all programs.They key will reappear, but don't worry, it will not log anything.
      Code:
      HKLM\Software\HTC\DebLogger
    • If original Notification Enhancements or some other system cabs does not work for you try SDK signed cabs from link below.
    • For Weather patched Manila version look in this post. Currently only for WM6.5. (thx to S.V.I)
    • If you have Sprint or other non HTC device and SMS button does not work for you then look for fix HERE (thx to Vancer)

LAST NOTE:
    As I already told this version of Manila is very tightly integrated into HTC Mega package and it is almost impossible to have clean standalone version. Nevertheless it is possible to run it with minimum requirements without problems, so don't expect to work every single function and module. Also this version is designed for WM6.5 and it may not work flawlessly with WM6.1.

To run Manila with base functionality you will need to install these cabs:
    (you will have running Manila with basic tabs working. Obviously Album, Audio Manager and Settings tabs won't work or work partly, but it gives aproximate idea ans feeling about this Manila version)
    MANILA BASE
    1. [WM6.5] HTC 2DManila 2.0.19191432.04.WAlien.cab - it have now flipping clock and animated weather in home tab! :D
      Important! For weather update to work you must install geo localisation files. Also its known issue that weather in home tab does not work on CDMA phones.
    2. HTC Scroll 2.0.19173130.WAlien.cab
    3. HTC Shared Modules 1.01.19143331.01.cab
    4. HTC Framework 1.1.19183729.WAlien.cab
    5. HTC DRM Middleware 1.5.19142824.00.cab
    6. HTC HTCAnimation 1.3.5.0.cab

... and for a little more functionality a little more cabs:
    (if all cabs are installed successfully you will have fully functional Manila. In case something does not work for you try SDK signed cabs in link below)
    MANILA +

PATCHED MANILA FOR WM6.1 and non-HTC devices

OTHER HTC MEGA CABS:

SOME USEFUL TOOLS:
    -------------------------
    MobileRegEdit.zip - edit your Mobile device registry on Desktop PC
    MyMobile123_06152008.zip - control remotely your Mobile device from Desktop PC
    Manila Customizer v0.29.235
    HTC Manila2D Hero Clock.cab - HTC Hero style digital clock with corrected SMS counter and alarm clock

Cheers, WhiteAlien[/QUOTE]

Original Link:
    Code:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=541750
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; September 29, 2009, 07:51 AM.
    sigpic

If i helped hit that THANKS button
  • CYBER WEESJE
    • Mar 27

Re: [APP][QVGA][28Jul09]NEW Manila 2D v20 build 19171723 from HTC Mega

he bro nice find testing this out now let you now how it runs thank and marked as installed

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
    MODERATOR@SPJ
    video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
    NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
    TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
    sigpic

Comment

• jdep1
      • Mar 15

im in the mood for testing i will try this later on my old phone let you guys know how it goes

Comment

• jr5416
        • May 12

Originally posted by CYBER WEESJE
        he bro nice find testing this out now let you now how it runs thank and marked as installed

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
        MODERATOR@SPJ
        Thanks bro for some reason they had manila customizer on the original link dont understand y when this is a cab so i didnt post the manila customizer cab ,if needed just let me know and ill post it up thanks bro .Gonna pm about cash
        sigpic

Comment

• wdbanks
          • May 16

As everyday goes by I am grateful that I still have my Vogue. I mean really is there another phone put there that has kept up with the ever evolving technology of wireless smartphones? I doubt it.

Nominated. Installed. Thanked.

Comment

• ON3/\L
            SPJ Supporter/Promoter
            • Jan 28

Yeah I seen this over at xda myself but for the tilt, I was helping a friend and put this on his tilt and it works great except the pictures tab didn't work. Gonna install this on my Vogue and let you know how it works.
            sigpic

ON3/\L ProDuction$
            Code:
            http://www.youtube.com/user/ON3ALProDuctions
            Thanks to SPJ and all who contribute I am able to use my Touch Pro at it's full potential. If anyone has helped you, don't forget to hit that handy little thanks button!

Comment

• jr5416
              • May 12

Originally posted by wdbanks
              As everyday goes by I am grateful that I still have my Vogue. I mean really is there another phone put there that has kept up with the ever evolving technology of wireless smartphones? I doubt it.

Nominated. Installed. Thanked.
              Originally posted by ON3/\L
              Yeah I seen this over at xda myself but for the tilt, I was helping a friend and put this on his tilt and it works great except the pictures tab didn't work. Gonna install this on my Vogue and let you know how it works.
              Bring back that feedback guys thanks for testing
              sigpic

Comment

• wdbanks
                • May 16

On my Vogue it installed fine but it stayed on the Tap Here To Launch page. Over at xda there is talk about the need to make your own .cab out of the the oem files for it to work depending on the ROM that is installed. I have NFSFAN V.13 installed. Anyone got it to work for them?

Comment

• ON3/\L
                  SPJ Supporter/Promoter
                  • Jan 28

So far not workijng on WM 6.1. After boot up it says launching touchflo, then reverts back and says tap here to launch touchflo, after tap it tries but keeps going back and saying "tap here to launch touchflo. Just thought I'd share. It states on the post that it works with 6.5 but wasn't sure abiout 6.1, so unless there is a setting I don't know about.... it don't work on 6.1.
                  sigpic

ON3/\L ProDuction$
                  Code:
                  Thanks to SPJ and all who contribute I am able to use my Touch Pro at it's full potential. If anyone has helped you, don't forget to hit that handy little thanks button!

Comment

• jr5416
                    • May 12

Originally posted by ON3/\L
                    So far not workijng on WM 6.1. After boot up it says launching touchflo, then reverts back and says tap here to launch touchflo, after tap it tries but keeps going back and saying "tap here to launch touchflo. Just thought I'd share. It states on the post that it works with 6.5 but wasn't sure abiout 6.1, so unless there is a setting I don't know about.... it don't work on 6.1.
                    Just read a couple of post over at XdA and a couple ppl there are having the same problem ,and some are having no trouble ?
                    sigpic

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
                      • Mar 27

Originally posted by jr5416
                      just read a couple of post over at xda and a couple ppl there are having the same problem ,and some are having no trouble ?
                      he bro same here for the reason it wil not work if the tfd2 is cookt in your rom you can not unistal it try it but its no go you need to try in on a bare and thats something i dont whant to lol and it can be just a rom isseu also have tfd2 on wm6.5 its smooth as hel and i keep for some time lol

grtz cyber weesje
                      moderator@spj
                      sigpic

Comment

• wdbanks
                        • May 16

Here is an updated cab just posted from xda. This works on my ROM with out having to cook anything else. Just run the cab and reset.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
                          • Mar 27

Originally posted by wdbanks
                          Here is an updated cab just posted from xda. This works on my ROM with out having to cook anything else. Just run the cab and reset.
                          he bro thanks for the cab this one works

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
                          MODERATOR@SPJ
                          sigpic

Comment

• wdbanks
                            • May 16

Originally posted by CYBER WEESJE
                            he bro thanks for the cab this one works

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
                            MODERATOR@SPJ
                            NP...just the tv, operator, footprints, and fav widgets dont work...it you activate them in the Customizer it with cause M2D2 not to work.

I like that ...M2D2. ;)

Comment

• ON3/\L
                              SPJ Supporter/Promoter
                              • Jan 28

I found out if your running WM6.1 you must use the patched version. I will attach. Otherwise the original posted by jr5416 is designed for WM6.5.

edit: sorry wdbanks, I just saw your bost bro, good looking out, sorry for the double guys
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

ON3/\L ProDuction$
                              Code:

Comment

Working...