Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

[WWE][3.12.08]Da_G Clean Fuze ROM Beta 1.7 (New GPS Driver) 20759.1.4

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

[WWE][3.12.08]Da_G Clean Fuze ROM Beta 1.7 (New GPS Driver) 20759.1.4

This ROM is based on the Stock AT&T Fuze ROM.

Goal: A minimally-loaded, optimized for speed ROM, retaining all support for hardware-based functionality such as the accelerometer and FM Radio while removing all restrictions on security and features, with all removed applications/settings available as add-ons to allow for maximal customization without wasting on-board storage space. Almost 390MB storage and 160MB available!

Further info and discussion can also be found at my site: http://mobile.txcaesar.net
    also at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446652

Screenshot of speedtest through ICS showing HSDPA 3.6 and HSUPA functioning on AT&T in Southern California (download above 1.8mbps, upload above 384kbps):

Download (Beta 1.7): 52795 KB - Changelog and known issues in post 3
    Download (Beta 1.7-MSVC): 55338 KB - Same as above, but with Microsoft Voice Command v1.6.19971
    ROM Chefs and Cooks, check post 2 for OEM/ROM/SYS

This ROM supports User Customization, it provides an easy way to install the .cab's you wish.

Addon .cab's: (note that all cabs are from the AT&T ROM, and intended for use with the AT&T Fuze and this ROM only!)
    Opera 9.5 2392 4186 KB (Opera Web Browser w/scroll wheel support)
    AT&T TouchFlo3D 16214 KB (3D today screen replacement w/weather tabs, etc)
    HTC TouchFlo3D 16598 KB (3D today screen replacement w/weather tabs, etc)
    HTC Enlarge Start Menu 142 KB (Makes the start menu icons and text larger for easier touch access)
    HTC TouchFlo 353 KB (Enables touch scrolling in apps that don't support it)
    HTC YouTube 2385 KB REQUIRES HTC TouchFlo (YouTube browsing application w/full screen player)
    JBed Java 3108 KB (JBed Java App, currently buggy (text is not showing properly)
    HTC Ez Pad 7831 KB (Larger keyboard for touch access, *note: T9 is currently broken)
    HTC Labyrinth (Teeter) 1867 KB (G-Sensor enabled game)
    Shortcuts 2 KB (Binds Short PTT to Comm Manager, Long PTT to Camera, IM to Field Test and CV to Album)
    Sprite Backup 7236 KB (File/Settings backup program from AT&T)
    All of the above 16772 KB (All cabs above in one .rar)
    AT&T Theme 727 KB (AT&T Grey Theme)
    AT&T PTT 3445 KB (Enables Push-to-talk support for AT&T)
    AT&T Video Share 2422 KB (One way video calling app for AT&T only) - Currently Broken
    AT&T Dialer 10984 KB (AT&T's Dialer Skin w/PTT,VS,and G-Sensor support) REQUIRES AT&T PTT and AT&T Video Share for those features to be supported!
    Office Mobile 7158 KB (Pocket Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
    More AT&T Apps Thanks to NotATreoFan (AT&T Apps & Trialware, Removed Sounds and Alerts)
    More Coming Real Soon Now(tm)...

The entire set of applications from the stock AT&T ROM will be available in .cab form for your customization pleasure! Note that some .cab's will depend on others for full functionality. Please let me know if you find any problem with these .cab's and they will be updated to address the issue!

Code:
    Old Version(s)!
    http://rapidshare.com/files/166780293/Da_G-ATT-Fuze-Cooked-Beta-1.5-Nov-23-2008.rar
    Download (Beta 1.4): [URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/166442935/Da_G-ATT-Fuze-Cooked-Beta-1.4-Nov-22-2008.rar"]55728 KB[/URL]
    Download (Beta 1.3): [URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/165223261/Da_G-ATT-Fuze-Cooked-Beta-1.3-Nov-18-2008.rar"]57593 KB[/URL]
    Download (Beta 1.2): [URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/165120824/Da_G-ATT-Fuze-Cooked-Beta-1.2-Nov-18-2008.rar"]57596 KB[/URL]
    Download (Beta 1.1): [URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/164929082/Da_G-ATT-Fuze-Cooked-Beta-1.1-Nov-18-2008.rar[/URL]
    Download (Beta 1): [URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/164542629/Da_G-ATT-Fuze-Cooked-Beta-1-Nov-16-2008.rar[/URL]

[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/166467854/Da_G-ATT-Fuze-Cooked-Beta-1.4-OEM-ROM-SYS-for-chefs-Nov-22-2008.rar"]Da_G-ATT-Fuze-Cooked-Beta-1.4-OEM-ROM-SYS-for-chefs-Nov-22-2008 177726 KB[/URL]
    Dialer fix for beta 1: [URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/164691675/RaphaelPTT_2008_09_10_A.CAB[/URL]
    Donate (Optional of course, but much appreciated!): Donate!

Beta 1.6-MSVC OEM/ROM/SYS FOR CHEFS 191899 KB

CHANGELOG:

Beta 1.7 vs. Beta 1.6

* Long/Short PTT, IM, CV will now be binded by default (shortcuts are deletable and rebindable)
    * AudioBooster reverted to non-wvga version
    * Voice Command shortcut in start menu on MSVC build (whoops!)
    * Cleanup of more excess cruft
    * Ported more blackstone/diamond drivers
    * BT SAP Cosmetic issue fixed (rolled back a version)

Beta 1.6 vs. Beta 1.5

* Upgraded OS to 5.2.20759 (Build 20759.1.4.2) ported from HTC Quartz
    * Enable hidden Phone settings (Illuminate Center Button on voicemail, disconnect data connections on sleep)
    * Removed HTC Volume Control
    * Fixed icons in Comm Manager (except the vibrate icon, pesky bugger!)
    * Further speed enhancements
    * Arcsoft MMS, AudioBooster, LongPressEndKey, BTSAP, BTFTP, BTBPP, ConcurrenceMgr, DShow, HTCApplication, LockStreamDRM, RingtonePlugin, AudioManager, FullScreenPlayer, VoiceRecorder, QuickGPS, USBToPCPopUp, HTC GPS Tool brought up to current versions (ported from diamond vodaphone and blackstone asia wwe)
    * GPS, Touch, Bluetooth, Sound, USB, WLAN, and misc drivers and firmware ported over from blackstone. Notably better performance on GPS and Audio (Voice Command announce incoming caller is now functional! GPS lag greatly reduced and accuracy greatly increased)

Known Issues:
    * Vibrate icon in comm manager is busted when ringer is on (displays normally when in vibrate)
    * Beacon tab in Phone Settings appears to be non functional (will probably hide it again, unhidden for testing)
    * Bluetooth Sim Access Profile doesn't background itself properly when launching, so on a cold boot it's title will show up in the titlebar. Cosmetic issue though - it'll background as soon as you start using the device.
    * SPB Diary settings menu not functioning correctly (not included in rom, 3rd party app)
    * Please report any abnormal device behavior, lots of new drivers may lead to unexpected results! Everything looks positive at this point however.

Beta 1.5 vs. Beta 1.4

* Wireless Today plugin re-enabled
    * Removed MS Office
    * Removed AT&T Dialer
    * Removed MSVC
    * Changed Call key Long Press to Task Manager (Default was MSVC)
    * Pictures and Videos send mms fixed
    * Cleaned up more dead registry entries
    * Cabs will be available for removed apps!

Beta 1.4 vs. Beta 1.3

* Removed leftover registry entries from removed apps
    * Removed Video Share, cab available
    * Removed Java, cab available
    * AdvancedNetwork functionality is now unlocked
    * Windows Task Manager re-enabled
    * Upgraded XIP/SYS to 5.2.20757.1.4.0 ported by me from Touch HD

Beta 1.3 vs. Beta 1.2

* Key remapping has been changed to co-exist with AE Button Plus, now you can remap almost every key by creating shortcuts in \Windows

-Rebind Web Button
    \Windows\Short_Explore.lnk *if opera is not installed*
    \Windows\Short_OperaL.lnk *if opera is installed*

-Rebind Messaging Button
    \Windows\Short_Messaging.lnk

-Rebind SMS Button
    \Windows\Short_SMS.lnk

-Rebind Calendar Button
    \Windows\Short_Calendar.lnk

-Rebind Instant Messaging Button
    \Windows\Short_InstantMessaging.lnk

-Rebind Contacts Button
    \Windows\Short_Contacts.lnk

-Rebind Web Button
    \Windows\Short_MediaNet.lnk

-Rebind CV Button
    \Windows\Short_CellularVideo.lnk

-Rebind Music Button
    \ *OPENS ROOT FILESYSTEM, CANNOT REBIND*

-Rebind Short Power
    \Windows\Short_Power.lnk

-Rebind Long Power
    \Windows\Long_Power.lnk

-Rebind Short PTT
    \Windows\Short_PTT.lnk

-Rebind Long PTT
    \Windows\Long_PTT.lnk

-Rebind Long Send
    \Windows\Long_Send.lnk

Beta 1.2 vs. Beta 1.1

* Nearly all 3rd party applications removed, cabs coming soon
    * Most ringtones/alerts/alarms removed
    * Removed all cabs from initial customization process, now will install your UC cabs or simply reboot after a short delay if you have none
    * Default keymappings changed due to app removal as follows: web.lnk loads Pocket IE, cv.lnk loads up Notes

Beta 1.1 vs. Beta 1:

* Added User Customization Support
    * Fixed dialer bug
    * Removed TouchFlo3d
    * Cleanup of unused files
    * Remapped AT&T Keys as follows:
    * Music key brings up My Documents\My Music
    * Media Net key activates web.lnk, defaults to Opera Mobile
    * Cellular Video key activates cv.lnk, defaults to YouTube App
    * IM key activates im.lnk, defaults to Task Manager
    * You can replace any of the previous shortcuts in \Windows to customize the key's action!

Beta 1 vs. Stock Fuze ROM:

* Removed all AT&T supplied demos
    * Removed RAPI restrictions and Unsigned App prompting
    * Removed Registry-based restrictions on HSUPA and HSDPA (HSUPA seems to be working, testing needed)

* Removed AT&T hidden proxy, home pages changed from device.home to www.google.com (hidden proxy enable/disable in Tools menu)
    * Band page in Phone settings
    * HSDPA Icon enabled (shows H in titlebar instead of 3G when on HSPA)
    * Field Test added in Tools menu
    * HTC GPS Tool added in settings
    * FM Radio added in Start menu
    * .NET Compact Framework 3.5
    * Internet Connection Sharing isp.cingular restriction removed

Todo:

* Original AT&T & HTC Applications from Fuze Stock ROM broken out into cabs (60% done)
  • Superman369
    • Sep 22

Re: [WWE][31208]Da_G Clean Fuze ROM Beta 17 (New GPS Driver) 2075914

Nice, my boy with the fuze will be stoked.
    Got a ? Use The Help Desk Here
    Need it all in one thread?Click Here
    Learn How To Flash A Rom?Click Here
    Are You New To The Scene?Click Here
    Need to Learn How To Search? Click Here
    The End All, Be All of Noob Guides.Click Here

sigpic
    Make Sure You Hit The Thanks And/Or Installed Buttons If Someone Helps You Or You Use There Programs!!!

Comment

• TVDinner
      • Nov 26

Dash
      I have not attempted to instlal this yet.
      Questions - I am pretty happy with how my Fuze works currently. As you know from my activity on this forum I have installed a bunch of different programs and using Mobile Shell customized to have my preferred apps readily available I have no issues with how it operates. The touch screen transitions are super fast and all functions seem to work well.

So my questions are this -
      1) will this ROM do anything to extend the current daily battery drain. that really is my one and only issue at this time with the FUZE. The battery just does not last long enough each day.
      2) once I install this ROM will I have any issues with adding Mobile Shell, icontact, snap2play back on the phone. I have all the cabs for them, but the question is will adding these programs take away from this ROM?

I look forward to your response.
      Virtually EVERY Blackberry (Nextel) --> HTC Fuze (AT&T)
      ROM:NATF's HTC Fuze v4.5 - installed 3/31/09
      RADIO: 1.02.25.32 - installed 12/7/08

The Biggest Boards | Political Disgust | JAMOOZA

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by TVDinner
        Dash
        I have not attempted to instlal this yet.
        Questions - I am pretty happy with how my Fuze works currently. As you know from my activity on this forum I have installed a bunch of different programs and using Mobile Shell customized to have my preferred apps readily available I have no issues with how it operates. The touch screen transitions are super fast and all functions seem to work well.

So my questions are this -
        1) will this ROM do anything to extend the current daily battery drain. that really is my one and only issue at this time with the FUZE. The battery just does not last long enough each day.
        2) once I install this ROM will I have any issues with adding Mobile Shell, icontact, snap2play back on the phone. I have all the cabs for them, but the question is will adding these programs take away from this ROM?

I look forward to your response.
        no it will not take away from the rom and yes you will be able to add all of the sme troubles.... the speeds, stability, and battery life are all better.

Comment

• TVDinner
          • Nov 26

what about the mail program. If I install this how will I pull my emails from my 4 business accounts. Is that included in your install or something I will have to add after?

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by TVDinner
            what about the mail program. If I install this how will I pull my emails from my 4 business accounts. Is that included in your install or something I will have to add after?
            what are you talking about? mail is auto placed into any rom that you download since a ppc with the capability to send emails would be useless.

Comment

• TVDinner
              • Nov 26

great. thank you. Did you see my question to you in the flashing rom tuturial. If you advise on that one I will probably try doing this right now. Thanks

--------- New Post Merged on 7/12/2008 at 0533 --------

Hi Dash

I have installed tihs ROM successfully (amazingly) and reactivated all the programs I had set up and liked before.

How will I know that this ROM is faster then the stock set up I had? Everything seems to be working about the same as before to be honest.

(Tomorrow I will be able to test the battery life during a normal work day)

--------- New Post Merged on 7/12/2008 at 0737 --------

Dash- I have one problem - I can not get my work pop account emails to work. my gmails work fine, but my pop3 work account ones will not connect.

The error message I get is:
              Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your email account setting are correct. The, try to download messages again.

One thing I do not see any more on my phone is the 3G network icons that used to be there. I always have a very strong signal where I live but gone now.

What is strange is that I can connect to the internet fine and with no issues and my gmail is working, but the pop3 are getting that error.

I believe a setting is simply turned off, but I am lost. any ideas please. This is super important for work.
              Last edited by TVDinner; December 07, 2008, 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• TVDinner
                • Nov 26

Dash - some feedback for you about more issues I am finding so far. Maybe these are all easily fixed, so I defer to you for assistance.

1) I can not get my pop3 accounts to work for my work accounts. This could be potentially a big problem. They worked fine before and with no issues and I sent them up exactly the same.
                2) I am unsure if my 3G network is on and not sure how to turn it on if it is off by default? I do not see the icon on anymore and
                3) the DEFAULT FONT is huge and I do not see core setting for this anymore. see attached but I can not make it smaller. I am going to look in advanced config tool to see if I can adjust, but not sure I know what I am doing there
                Attached Files

Comment

• TVDinner
                  • Nov 26

Dash - on top of items mentioned above, here is another one.
                  When you have the albums open you can not scroll through the pictures using the touchscreen. the picture wiggles and shakes a little but will not advance.

I will keep reporting them as I find them. Please post back if you have any answers or solutions to these.

--------- New Post Merged on 7/12/2008 at 0919 --------

Text Messages also not working with this ROM. Is anyone around that can advise how to turn these things on, or fix whatever is wrong with all the items mentioned above. Thanks!
                  Last edited by TVDinner; December 07, 2008, 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Re: [WWE][3.12.08]Da_G Clean Fuze ROM Beta 1.7 (New GPS Driver) 20759.1.4

bro i dont own a fuze so i couldnt tell you all the problems that you are having but loook under the communications manager to make sure you have the 3-g on.... i did not make this rom so i wont be anble to change the way it is built either.

sorry bout that and you will be able to find this rom and the support fro mthe author over at ppcgeeks..... i wish i could be of more help but i cant on this one :<

Comment

• TVDinner
                      • Nov 26

damn - how do i go back. my emails and texts have to work for business. I am getting calls now about emails I am not receiving. going to post on xda for help.

Comment

• Superman369
                        • Sep 22

You have to get a dumped Fuze stock ROM and relock your phone.

sigpic
                        Make Sure You Hit The Thanks And/Or Installed Buttons If Someone Helps You Or You Use There Programs!!!

Comment

• TVDinner
                          • Nov 26

Originally posted by ofcsu1
                          hopefully the items can be fixed by someone at at&t (tell me what settings to turn back on) or someone at xda can assist with the formating items. The current updated and complete list is as follows:

1) Most important - I can not get my pop3 email accounts to work for my work accounts. This could be potentially a big problem. They worked fine before and with no issues and I set them up exactly the same way this time. (my gmail accounts are working it seems). I believe a setting is simply turned off, but I am lost. any ideas please. This is super important for work.
                          The error message I get is: Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your email account setting are correct. The, try to download messages again.

I always have a very strong 3G phone signal where I live. What is strange is that I can connect to the internet fine and with no issues and my gmail is working, but the pop3 are getting that error. I got all my emails through the phone connection (not wifi, etc)

2) I am unsure if my 3G network is on and not sure how to turn it on if it is off by default? I do not see the icon on anymore and

3) the DEFAULT FONT is huge and I do not see core setting for this anymore to make it smaller. The tops of emails are huge, the font when typing is huge, etc. It used to just be smaller and I did not have to manually change it to smaller every single time. Big pain if it has to be manually changed every time.

4) Text Messages also not working. Looks like it is being sent, but not being received and not coming in with this ROM.

5) When you have the picture albums open you can not scroll through the pictures using the touchscreen. I used to be able to do that, but not any more. The picture wiggles and shakes a little but will not advance.

6) the "phone" screen changed. Is there a way to change this to other options for just the phone screen view.

I have mobile shell and icontact installed and both seem to be working perfectly and quickly, but the issues above are big ones for me to try to get fixed. Thanks everyone is you can please help.....

--------- New Post Merged on 7/12/2008 at 0955 --------

Originally posted by ofcsu1
                          Just in case - how would someone do this please and get these files?
                          Last edited by TVDinner; December 07, 2008, 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• sciclops
                            • Dec 30

--------- New Post Merged on 6/1/2009 at 1110 --------

I've tried updating my UK version Touch Pro (unlocked), but it flashes a no image file message briefly, the new image is on the SD card. I followed the instructions carefully. H E L P!
                            Last edited by sciclops; January 06, 2009, 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Superman369
                              • Sep 22

Originally posted by sciclops
                              --------- New Post Merged on 6/1/2009 at 1110 --------

I've tried updating my UK version Touch Pro (unlocked), but it flashes a no image file message briefly, the new image is on the SD card. I followed the instructions carefully. H E L P!
                              what do you have the file named on your sd card?

sigpic

Comment

Working...