Sprint Mogul ROM Update 3.16.651.0! (GPS & Rev. A)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micmead21
    • Feb 21

Re: Sprint Mogul ROM Update 3.16.651.0! (GPS & Rev. A)

Hey guys I downloaded the ROM update last nite on my mogul and it seemed to be working fine for about an hour. now i have my phone frozen on an activesync screen and it doesnt go away!!!even when you reset the phone it goes rite back to the frozen activesync screen and the touch screen is disabled. ANY HELP, PLEASE!

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by micmead21
      Hey guys I downloaded the ROM update last nite on my mogul and it seemed to be working fine for about an hour. now i have my phone frozen on an activesync screen and it doesnt go away!!!even when you reset the phone it goes rite back to the frozen activesync screen and the touch screen is disabled. ANY HELP, PLEASE!
      well what did you install to the phone anything like ulimate lauch??? and after every flash before you install it is smart to do a hard reset straight off the bat.

Comment

• BiG JeW
        ADMIN-Watch what you say!
        • Feb 09

Do i soft reset by pushing the button under the phone next to the sd card slot. If that doesnt work do a hard reset by holding the two hard buttons down right above the window and the ok button then press the reset button under the phone by the sd slot, but still holding the hard buttons. See if you can get windows back on. If not put the phone in bootloader mode. To do this press the camera button and power button then pushing the soft reset button near your sd slot! Bootloader mode means the rainbow looking screen. Once you have that , try reflashing the phone!
        NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
        LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
        LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
        IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU.......
        PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!!!

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by BiG JeW
          Do i soft reset by pushing the button under the phone next to the sd card slot. If that doesnt work do a hard reset by holding the two hard buttons down right above the window and the ok button then press the reset button under the phone by the sd slot, but still holding the hard buttons. See if you can get windows back on. If not put the phone in bootloader mode. To do this press the camera button and power button then pushing the soft reset button near your sd slot! Bootloader mode means the rainbow looking screen. Once you have that , try reflashing the phone!
          im not sure if this was a reply or not lol (but thanks for the reply if it was help.) i was really confused. but to answer the question fuller than i did last time what you will want to try first is a hard reset. this can be done by holding the 2 soft keys (right below the calender and the contacts tabs on the screen) and than use your stylus and push the reset button by where the sd card goes in. and if that doesnt work try to reflash. you can do this by pressing and holding the camera and power button down while resetting the phone with the stylus the same way as you did above.

Comment

• micmead21
            • Feb 21

Thanks a lot you guys! What happened was that i download the 3.16 ROM and Ultimate Launch and everything thing just freaked out on me.

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Originally posted by micmead21
              Thanks a lot you guys! What happened was that i download the 3.16 ROM and Ultimate Launch and everything thing just freaked out on me.
              it ouldnt sicne i ran ultimate launch on my 3.16 rom... your problem has been discussed and fixed in the ultimate launch thread.

Comment

• polarwind
                • Feb 18

I did this upgrade, worked like a charm, thanks Dash.

Edit:

I'm having a little difficulty getting the GPS to work with Google Maps.

I d/l'd and installed the Google Maps app.

On the phone itself I have the GPS settings as follows (External GPS under settings):
                COM4, Hardware port NONE, Baud rate 4800, and the Manage GPS Auto is checked.

Under PHONE (Phone under personal settings):
                Location Setting is ON

Under Google Maps app: (2 scenerios)
                Options->GPS Settings: Com4, 4800 (Manual): This doesn't work the Google Maps App pops up saying "No GPS receiver was found."

Options->GPS Settings: Auto (default): It says Seeking GPS satellites and never ends up doing anything (i haven't let it search for more than a few minutes).

If my settings are right for the AUTO option, how long (average) does it take to find satellites and start plotting?
                Last edited by polarwind; March 05, 2008, 04:27 PM.
                Empty Sig is Empty.

Comment

• D/\SH
                  Owner - Staff
                  • Feb 07

Originally posted by polarwind
                  I did this upgrade, worked like a charm, thanks Dash.
                  np enjoy it bro.

Comment

• polarwind
                    • Feb 18

Bump for my edit, looks like I was editing the same time you replied.
                    Empty Sig is Empty.

Comment

• D/\SH
                      Owner - Staff
                      • Feb 07

Bump for my edit, looks like I was editing the same time you replied.
                      you are going to want to keep all setting the way they were set and than keep google maps on auto. and the first time it can take up to 10 minutes to connect and than after that it will take mere seconds if that to connect.

Comment

• polarwind
                        • Feb 18

Yeah, I did, I tested it on my way home for work, it did take a bit but then it finally kicked in so sweet, WOOT! =D
                        Empty Sig is Empty.

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

Yeah, I did, I tested it on my way home for work, it did take a bit but then it finally kicked in so sweet, WOOT! =D
                          cool cool glad that you got it bro.

Comment

• BiG JeW
                            • Feb 09

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks!!! I went ahead and called sprint and got the navigation workin!!! On another note, i was wondering if i should flash to a diff version. After i installed touchflo and icube and iphone inerface i get like 6mb of free ram max! what do you guys think could do to improve performance? I am already overclocking 624mhz. Thanks in advance!
                            NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE

Comment

• D/\SH
                              Owner - Staff
                              • Feb 07

Originally posted by BiG JeW
                              Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks!!! I went ahead and called sprint and got the navigation workin!!! On another note, i was wondering if i should flash to a diff version. After i installed touchflo and icube and iphone inerface i get like 6mb of free ram max! what do you guys think could do to improve performance? I am already overclocking 624mhz. Thanks in advance!
                              well the problem is the touchflo and icube interface. that takes up a crap load of space and not really worth it. take a look at ultimate launch and the first video in the thread much easier to use and gives you alot more space free. https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/s...ltimate+launch

Comment

• BiG JeW
                                • Feb 09

Thanks. i feel like a duck. I already have ultimate launcher, just didn't realize that icube and touchflo was the problem. I was running like 5048 or one of othe other roms with rev a, do you think i would still run into the problem if i wanted to have touchflo and icube and all the other apps on it?? Thanks in advance!
                                NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...