Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

Do Smartphones Promote Work-Life Imbalance for iWorkers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phillynewsnow
    • Oct 11

[NEWS] Do Smartphones Promote Work-Life Imbalance for iWorkers?

Research report shows that tech-savvy information workers want to be connected to (yet untethered from) the office even more--often at the expense of their personal lives.

Read More From Source
    https://www.phillynewsnow.com/

Interested in creating an online community? How about growing one? How about profiting from one? Does it all seem so confusing, though? It doesn’t have to be! Join SPJ Bulletin Communities to engage and network with beginner to seasoned online community managers just like you. Membership is free – register today or login if you have an account.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Do Smartphones Promote Work-Life Imbalance for iWorkers?

its just amazing to think about how the work force is changing so quickly and dramatically with technology. 10 years ago there wasnt a thought of working from home happening with most jobs, but with the technology advancement and at such a rapid pace this was made easily done with as they said smartphones and ppc's. technology is good but i feel that we should draw the line somewhere since too much of a good thing becomes bad and can take down jobs and the economy as we know it today... imagine no malls and online purchases only, buying groceries online and having them delievered to your house, these things are happening and expanding each and every day and could be the end of the way that we conduct business today. and for the working from home thing, of course with the smartphones you can do since you can easily check email from your lay-z-boy and do whatever else you need to right than and there. the only thing i didnt like is the iworker name they brought up not everything in the mobile handset world is apple and im sorry they arent the best even though they are the most popular. (my opinion but i feel many will feel the same way besides the apple fanboys)
    Last edited by D/\SH; January 04, 2010, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• roopull
      Addict
      • Feb 27

Re Do Smartphones Promote WorkLife Imbalance for iWorkers

My big gripe is that companies want you to use YOUR OWN phone with YOUR OWN data plan and work on YOUR OWN time.

Technically, that's illegal... at least it is for hourly employees.

If my wife's employer were willing to pay her her hourly rate while she works from home, she'd be working from home 3 out of 5 days. But, they don't pay her for work she does from home, so she rarely ever does it.

It's a stupid strategy for employers... to NOT pay employees for work done on personal time. It builds resentment & gives employees the power to suddenly deny the company something they become dependent on should the relationship sour. I know that from experience.... when my boss has pissed me off, suddenly and quite mysteriously, my Touch Pro quits working.

Go figure.

Comment

Working...