Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

Members using dashwire (Important Notice)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puertoblack2003
    OG Member
    • Nov 08

[NEWS] Members using dashwire (Important Notice)

dashwire was acquired by MiQ read details about your active accounts.

Code:
    http://blog.dashwire.com/2009/10/05/whats-happening-to-dashwire-com/

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com
  • PsyChoTk
    • Jul 03

Re: Members using dashwire (Important Notice)

I just wish I could remember my account name..............i signed up, but i deleted the email.
    Originally posted by D/\SH
    you psychotk :)

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

go to the site and plug in the email address you signed up on and they will email it to you

Comment

• roopull
        Addict
        • Feb 27

Glad I switched to Msoft's "MyPhone."

As for MiQ... I think it's going to be as successful as selling ice cubes to Eskimos. Why pay for something that is offered for free by dozens of competitors?

Comment

• forty01
          Supporter
          • Nov 24

Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

Originally posted by roopull
          Glad I switched to Msoft's "MyPhone."

As for MiQ... I think it's going to be as successful as selling ice cubes to Eskimos. Why pay for something that is offered for free by dozens of competitors?
          Actually, it appears you can use MiQ and that is similar to Dashwire and that will remain free, so it's still a good alternative. They just have a different goal for Dashwire itself from what they're stating.
          sigpic
          About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
          Flashing a ROM Click Here
          Noob Zone Click Here
          How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• PsyChoTk
            • Jul 03

go to the site and plug in the email address you signed up on and they will email it to you
            i did that. i couldn't remember any of my sign in info. but, after several attempts i got in. i had never used it before, but i think its ok. it's functional, so far.

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Re: Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

Originally posted by PsyChoTk
              i did that. i couldn't remember any of my sign in info. but, after several attempts i got in. i had never used it before, but i think its ok. it's functional, so far.
              hahahah wanna know the funny thing, i have never let it fully go through, was taking so long so i canceled the backup and never went back.... to many other options to have one i wont be satisfied with. and gmail hooks me up with not only email by my contacts so cant beat that

Comment

• PsyChoTk
                • Jul 03

Re Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

hahahah wanna know the funny thing, i have never let it fully go through, was taking so long so i canceled the backup and never went back.... to many other options to have one i wont be satisfied with. and gmail hooks me up with not only email by my contacts so cant beat that
                hahaha yea. i've been running google sync for a while. and after a llllooonnnggg upload to dashwire everyting is there. damn. anyway i'm running both right now but i suspect i'll remove the dashwire program in a few days. i'ts ok, but google has more functionality to it. i'm google's mindless drone.

as a side note i noticed 1000 sms messages is the max ammont you can have on your TP2 running juicy R5. any more and the phone llllaaagggsssssss.

1000 is the number of the counting. thou shalt count to 1000. thou shalt not count to 1001 for that would be too many. (sorry monty python isk. there)

Comment

• roopull
                  Addict
                  • Feb 27

When I was using Dashwire, if I set it to NOT back up pictures and videos, it wasn't too terribly slow.

That being said, I still don't use it. Like you said... too many other options.

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Originally posted by roopull
                    When I was using Dashwire, if I set it to NOT back up pictures and videos, it wasn't too terribly slow.

That being said, I still don't use it. Like you said... too many other options.
                    yup just personal preference totally just as roms, apps, and games are to the device.... i just like the thought of google being wherever i am since i may not laways be around a computer.

Comment

• PsyChoTk
                      • Jul 03

yup just personal preference totally just as roms, apps, and games are to the device.... i just like the thought of google being wherever i am since i may not laways be around a computer.
                      or your phone crashes/ is stolen/ lost/ damaged/ etc.

Comment

• spivey8
                        Tallest Member
                        • Apr 07

Yes mIQ is free and is good for doing a nice BACKUP in case something goes wrong.

i wont use it all the time but its nice to have in case you switch from say mail2web to google sync because it wont let you sync your contacts if you already did a sync.

i switched to google sync and love it.
                        [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Phone History: Razor--> Palm 755p--> Mogul--> Touch Pro--> Touch Pro 2

Rom: Stock Rom

Radio: Stock Sprint

sigpic

Comment

• roopull
                          Addict
                          • Feb 27

Using Microsoft's My Phone app, myself. Aside from being a nice automated back-up app, it also can be used to find (via GPS,) lock, or even hard reset your phone if it's lost. It'll also lock the phone & display a message on the screen in case it's found by someone.

The more advanced features have a price after the 1st usage, but you don't have to pay until you NEED them.... i.e. lose your phone.

Comment

• D/\SH
                            Owner - Staff
                            • Feb 07

Re: Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

Originally posted by spivey8
                            Yes mIQ is free and is good for doing a nice BACKUP in case something goes wrong.

i wont use it all the time but its nice to have in case you switch from say mail2web to google sync because it wont let you sync your contacts if you already did a sync.

i switched to google sync and love it.

word thanks for the heads up through text and got the time at work to finally check it out... lots faster than it used to be thats for sure.... good for another backup source of my information.... now its going to be periodically keep backing up through all so they are all up too date. you can never have too many backup options.

Comment

• spivey8
                              Tallest Member
                              • Apr 07

Re Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

word thanks for the heads up through text and got the time at work to finally check it out... lots faster than it used to be thats for sure.... good for another backup source of my information.... now its going to be periodically keep backing up through all so they are all up too date. you can never have too many backup options.
                              AMEN to that bro
                              [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Phone History: Razor--> Palm 755p--> Mogul--> Touch Pro--> Touch Pro 2

Rom: Stock Rom

Radio: Stock Sprint

sigpic

Comment

Working...