X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puertoblack2003
    OG Member
    • Nov 08

[REVIEW] At&t Pure Is The new Touch Diamond 2

At&t announced their re-branded Touch Pro 2 as Tilt 2 last week and now confirms it’s younger brother too. The re-branded Touch Diamond 2 as At&t Pure.

On first impressions, we must admit that the original Touch Diamond 2’ outer case design was much more elegant and polished. After getting a new name as the HTC Pure, the makeover is however bad. Previously, when the first generation HTC Touch Diamond was released, the sexy glossy black design was much hyped among people but those who actually bought the device noticed the drawbacks of this shiny black: It attracts finger prints, dirt and gets messy very soon. HTC thus made the Touch Diamond 2 with a matte finish but maybe At&t likes dirt again so the birth of HTC Pure.

Specs wise, there will be no change. You will get the same 3.6” WVGA resistive touch screen supporting resolutions of 480x800 pixels, a normal Qualcomm processor with 528 MHz speed, 5 mega pixel camera and of course, Windows Mobile 6.5 out of the box.

All for the price of just $149 USD. The bigger brother Tilt 2 will retail for $299 USD, which is quite expensive, maybe for not screwing up HTC’ original design. Even better, Sprint announced price cuts to their own rebranded Touch Pro 2, which is exactly the same Tilt 2 but on Sprint networks, for the price of just $199 USD!

So, which one do you take? At&t Pure to get dirtied at $149 USD or Sprint’ Touch Pro 2 at $199 USD or the same with an extra $100 USD for At&t rebranding?
    Attached Files

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com
  • ON3/\L
    SPJ Supporter/Promoter
    • Jan 28

Re Att Pure Is The new Touch Diamond 2

I'll take the SPRINT version because SPRINT rocks and AT&T sucks ass! Sprint has best plans out right now when you compare apples to apples, or pre's to apples...Sprint just has it better...hahahaha
    sigpic

ON3/\L ProDuction$
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ON3ALProDuctions
    Thanks to SPJ and all who contribute I am able to use my Touch Pro at it's full potential. If anyone has helped you, don't forget to hit that handy little thanks button!

Comment

• claudius
      • Jan 17

Re: At&t Pure Is The new Touch Diamond 2

I would defly take the sprint version went to AT&T the other day to pick the iPhone I asked if they had any htc devices this girl brought out the pure from the back I was not impress with the desighn at all and I been having the worst experience with my iPhone under AT&T and I only had it for 4 days

Comment

• lacanfeisxn
        • Feb 22

Re: At&t Pure Is The new Touch Diamond 2

I would only choose the sprint because that is the company I get my discount with for work. I have no say over one carrier to the next. However, I won't upgrade cause my TP is working just fine, and no need to shell our for just a minor step up. I'll skip a gen.

Comment

Working...