Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

Geto Boys' Willie D Faces 20 Years in Prison for iPhone Scam

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puertoblack2003
    OG Member
    • Nov 08

Geto Boys' Willie D Faces 20 Years in Prison for iPhone Scam

Willie D -- one-third of the Geto Boys -- was arrested Wednesday for alleged wire fraud. Born Willie James Dennis, the rapper turned businessman was apprehended by federal authorities at Bush Intercontinental Airport. According to US Attorney Tim Johnson, Dennis was charged in connection "with his purported sales of iPhones through a company known as Texas One Wireless."

Dennis allegedly pretended to be an electronic salesman, using Ebay to sell the phones internationally. Once a customer showed interested in purchasing an iPhone, Dennis directed them to complete the sale through email correspondence. After customers transferred the funds into his bank account they were sent tracking numbers but never actually received the phones.

After receiving several complaints, Dennis informed customers that the "mix-up" was not his fault and that he filed claims with the U.S. Postal Service. Additionally, he told them that he was unable to process their refund until he was able to track down the merchandise. Eventually Dennis would cut off all correspondence with customers and pocket their money. The investigation into the wire fraud began after a disgruntled customer contacted law enforcement.

Best known as a member of the Houston-based group, Willie D started Relentless Music Ventures in 2006. If convicted, D faces up to 20 years in prison plus a $250,000 fine.

Source Info
    Attached Files

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com
  • danz108
    • Aug 25

Re: Geto Boys Willie D Faces 20 Years in Prison for iPhone Scam

I bet his mind is playing tricks on him now for real.. and it don't really feel good to be a gangster now....

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by danz108
      I bet his mind is playing tricks on him now for real.. and it don't really feel good to be a gangster now....
      hahahah pretty much.... he should have known a poorly plotted out plan as such would get him in troubles.... maby since he fell off the map he needs something to get the albums selling and talked about again hahaa

Comment

• DenverDev
        • Dec 07

Originally posted by D/\SH
        hahahah pretty much.... he should have known a poorly plotted out plan as such would get him in troubles.... maby since he fell off the map he needs something to get the albums selling and talked about again hahaa
        Perhaps....but exactly how much "street cred" will he get for wire fraud?

"hey where you do your time? Leavenworth? Supermax? Quentin?"

"Nah man....Club Fed....Nacchio was my cellie"

Edit: I sometimes forget that this forum is national....Joe Nacchio was a Qwest executive who was convicted of inside trading and sent to Club Fed. Since I dont know exactly how much of the country Qwest inhabits, i added this edit

Comment

• GokuSS3
          • Jun 02

Well you should get caught for taking peoples money like that, that would suck to buy a phone online get a tracking number and never recieve a thing or way to ever get your money back. Serves that guys right lmao
          sigpic
          The Must Read Noob Guide!!!Click Here
          How To Flash A Rom!!!Click Here
          If I Have Helped Be Sure To Hit That Thanks Button!!!

Comment

• N8pez
            • Feb 20

Originally posted by GokuSS3
            Well you should get caught for taking peoples money like that, that would suck to buy a phone online get a tracking number and never recieve a thing or way to ever get your money back. Serves that guys right lmao
            Thats true bro its crazy i just bought his song "My minds playing tricks on me" today from amazon. I kinda wish i wouldnt have now I dont like to suporrt people like that.

Comment

Working...