Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

All A_C progams suspended until further notice!(9/10/08)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BiohaZard
    **formerly chris101**
    • May 12

All A_C progams suspended until further notice!(9/10/08)

Thanks Diane for bringing this to my attention...

According to A_C over at XDA, some websites and individuals have been selling his programs on their sites and ebay...and who knows where else...

here's a quote from A_C today at 1pm.

"As you all know, all S2 applications are freeware. That is, they cannot be sold for any purpose and it's stated clearly in the attached license file.

However, it's found some guys do repeatly sell them through eBay or their own websites. For eBay, I have to submit an individual email to eBay when a suspicious listing is found. That's really time-wasting.

Recently, I came across this website: www.iphonethemeforppc.com. I asked the website owner to remove S2U2, but he simply declined.

I'm totally sick of them.

So, I'll suspend the development of any S2 applications until there is any good sign of changes.

Anyway, thanks all for your support. Take care."

I'm requesting that our staff keep a close eye out for instances like this, and further more - I move that we (the staff) at SPJ give our best efforts to monitor the IP's of instances like this and immediately ban any people demonstrating this behavior.

We at SPJ take pride in EVERYTHING at our site being free...let's do what we can to take a stand against infringement like this!

thanks for your time...
    -BIO
    New to the site?!?! ... click here
    Wanna know how to flash a ROM? ...
    click here
    sigpic
  • Mike20PR
    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
    • Mar 31

Re: All A_C progams suspended until further notice!(9/10/08)

yea i saw this when he wrote it...

it really'll sucks when pple sell your free work

i feel him
    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• BiohaZard
      **formerly chris101**
      • May 12

me too, and i can't believe that these sites are declining to take down the stuff...that's craziness...people getting called out on it and still don't give a shit
      click here
      sigpic

Comment

• scott8813
        InsomniAddict
        • Feb 07

that's f***ing bull s***!!!!! Before I found this site I would have to spend hours upon hours on sites like google just for the chance that i may find a decent program for my mogul and just pray that it wont cost me or screw up my device. I appreciate every single person who spent their time to share their experience and hard work to make it possible for us to tweak our devices to perfection. Screw whoever thinks that its ok to take other people's work which they could of profited off of but decided to help us out instead and then sell it. It's all about greed. Hope you catch em all, staffing!!!!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

• BiohaZard
          **formerly chris101**
          • May 12

Originally posted by scott8813
          that's f***ing bull s***!!!!! Before I found this site I would have to spend hours upon hours on sites like google just for the chance that i may find a decent program for my mogul and just pray that it wont cost me or screw up my device. I appreciate every single person who spent their time to share their experience and hard work to make it possible for us to tweak our devices to perfection. Screw whoever thinks that its ok to take other people's work which they could of profited off of but decided to help us out instead and then sell it. It's all about greed. Hope you catch em all, staffing!!!!!!!!!
          banning just doesn't seem like enough...i got a nice little article (TPX t-ball bat) in my car that i carry for the deserving knee-cap or two...wish i could have a go that these f*ckers...
          click here
          sigpic

Comment

• scott8813
            InsomniAddict
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by BiohaZard
            banning just doesn't seem like enough...i got a nice little article (TPX t-ball bat) in my car that i carry for the deserving knee-cap or two...wish i could have a go that these f*ckers...
            Batters up!!!! i second that thought.
            sigpic

Comment

• gmcdowell
              • Apr 04

there's always one or two or three jerks that have to f''k up a great thing!! people who sell this can't think for themselves so they steal others' hard work for their own profit.. A_C you got talent bro!!!

Comment

• NINE'SICKS
                •crzy_dmn•
                • Apr 14

thats what im talking about! M()THER FU(KERS like that who take advantage of someone who takes time out of there life to make something FREE for everyone to enjoy should be FU(KED UP!! i mean come on, we all have our strengths and weaknesses.. if it where up to me, and i was a hacker id bring down any and all websites that refuse to stop distrabution. since technicaly apple/iphone created the exe he cant sue can he? and even if he could it would be far to late,and not to mention court/lawyer fees...

i know its hard plus it costs alot of money but if there was a way for us to promote spj on a mainstream level ppl wouldnt pay for the things we post for free. well who knows what the future holds. I dont personaly know A_C but i support/respect any future plans he decides to do in regards to 'S2' ap's
                Last edited by NINE'SICKS; September 10, 2008, 06:46 PM.
                sigpic

Follow Me <<

Comment

• D/\SH
                  Owner - Staff
                  • Feb 07

this has been coming for a couple of weeks now.... i tlak to ac quite a bit and am gathering ways that we can mess with the people..... i found one member on the site that is banned (al capone) was selling these on ebay..... i sent over the ip address to ac and let him do his thing. :> gotta watch my fellow developers back you know if they ask to take it down take it down no biggie..... or hell like here we just move to vip area :>

Comment

• BiohaZard
                    **formerly chris101**
                    • May 12

Originally posted by D/\SH
                    this has been coming for a couple of weeks now.... i tlak to ac quite a bit and am gathering ways that we can mess with the people..... i found one member on the site that is banned (al capone) was selling these on ebay..... i sent over the ip address to ac and let him do his thing. :> gotta watch my fellow developers back you know if they ask to take it down take it down no biggie..... or hell like here we just move to vip area :>
                    word, thanks for the help, D/\SH!
                    click here
                    sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
                      Owner - Staff
                      • Feb 07

Originally posted by BiohaZard
                      word, thanks for the help, D/\SH!
                      no problem and too clear things he was selling the programs all freeware on ebay and than sending them a disc with directions to install.

Comment

• BiohaZard
                        **formerly chris101**
                        • May 12

Originally posted by D/\SH
                        no problem and too clear things he was selling the programs all freeware on ebay and than sending them a disc with directions to install.
                        i hope he's a permanent ban, that is some BULLSHIT
                        click here
                        sigpic

Comment

• TweetyBear
                          • Mar 01

he is. but damn..i can't believe someone would exploit others like that...people these days
                          IF I HAVE HELPED YOU.......PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!!!
                          NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SEARCH? GO HERE
                          NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS? GO HERE
                          NOOB AREA PLEASE READ FIRST!GO HERE

sigpic

Comment

• NeMeS|S
                            • Mar 19

For real. That is fu**ed up tho. Its one thing to put the time and effort into creating these programs and not ask for a dime, but then u got these as*wipes trying to get one over on the pple making them for us ALL. They need to get D'Boed.....knocked the f*ck out!

Comment

• lordhelmet
                              Still Learning
                              • May 23

I'm still pretty new to all of this, and it had not crossed my mind about selling any of the stuff on here at all. It's just common sense to not screw people like that. I feel a little sick that people do stupid sh*t like that because they can't do anything on their own. You know what the worse part is? These people like Capone...they actually think they'er being creative! LOL And they're just hacks! It's a shame, cause it just messes it up for everybody, but especially the developers who go out of their way to make this stuff available for free.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...