Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

App Envy anyone

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roopull
    Addict
    • Feb 27

App Envy anyone

When the iPhone was released and we started seeing all sorts of apps for the device, I never really got envious of any of them. Seriously... while some of them were impressive, I just never saw anything I ever even remotely wanted. Well... okay, some of the games were pretty sweet, but anyone who has owned only one gaming console knows that routine.

But, this friggin' Droid & Android OS...

First up is that free Google Navigation. It's what Amaze GPS always wanted to be but never could pull off.

Second is that Locale software... it allows you to set up ringer profiles based on GPS. I change my ringer when I'm at home, at church, work... it never bothered me until I saw Locale! LOL!

Now, I'm on Sprint, which brings me to my 3rd case of App Envy... Phone Fusion & programs like it. They almost all depend on call forwarding, and as we know, Sprint thinks that's worth money. Lots of money.

So, how about you guys? Any of you have "App Envy?" Even if it's an iPhone app... heck, especially if it's an iPhone app.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: App Envy anyone

Originally posted by roopull
    When the iPhone was released and we started seeing all sorts of apps for the device, I never really got envious of any of them. Seriously... while some of them were impressive, I just never saw anything I ever even remotely wanted. Well... okay, some of the games were pretty sweet, but anyone who has owned only one gaming console knows that routine.

But, this friggin' Droid & Android OS...

First up is that free Google Navigation. It's what Amaze GPS always wanted to be but never could pull off.

Second is that Locale software... it allows you to set up ringer profiles based on GPS. I change my ringer when I'm at home, at church, work... it never bothered me until I saw Locale! LOL!

Now, I'm on Sprint, which brings me to my 3rd case of App Envy... Phone Fusion & programs like it. They almost all depend on call forwarding, and as we know, Sprint thinks that's worth money. Lots of money.

So, how about you guys? Any of you have "App Envy?" Even if it's an iPhone app... heck, especially if it's an iPhone app.
    you know that sprint will be dropping the forwarding costs starting late this month if not mistaking.

Comment

• roopull
      Addict
      • Feb 27

Re App Envy anyone

Woohoo!!!! Man, I pray you're right!

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Re: Re App Envy anyone

Woohoo!!!! Man, I pray you're right!
        its been posted all over here and on the sprint site... where have you been?

Comment

• roopull
          Addict
          • Feb 27

Re Re App Envy anyone

Originally posted by D/\SH
          its been posted all over here and on the sprint site... where have you been?
          In a cave, I suppose! LOL.

BTW, you're right. It's gone! I posted a mini-review of Youmail vs. Phone Fusion somewhere on here.

Comment

• Reddog80p
            • Mar 21

Most of the iphone apps are novelty.

Comment

• Mike20PR
              SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
              • Mar 31

Re App Envy anyone

this should calm the app envy a bit when it comes to numbers

Code:
              http://www.theappsmachine.com/iphone-news-and-rumors/this-is-why-there-are-100000-apps-in-the-app-store/
              ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
              ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
              ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
              ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• ppopper78
                • Aug 07

novelty yes cause we all need a lighter app or lotto number app, lol
                Cletus P. Buford

Comment

• roopull
                  Addict
                  • Feb 27

Stupid apps aside, anyone have any apps that they really want, but can't get?

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Stupid apps aside, anyone have any apps that they really want, but can't get?
                    theres many useful apps i would like to see it would just be sitting down with the developer and explaining what you would want to see.... alot of the apps that i would come up with would be functionality wise ones so the experience as the user is the best it can be since thats what matters the most.

Comment

Working...