Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • egan21
    • May 24

TP2 or Motorola DROID

So I have to switch from Alltel to Verizon due to the takeover and now I have this very very hard decision to make. Do I get the TP2 or do I turn to the dark side and get the DROID?

The more I read about android and everything the better and better it sounds. Right now, the hardware and software seem much better than what the TP2 has to offer. They're priced the same and although I like the look of the TP2 ( minus the bulky-ness) The DROID is also very attractive and internally appears to be a lot more advanced than the TP2.

I'm really torn between the two especially now that the TP2 is available online at the verizon website.

What are your thoughts? Anybody here going to get the DROID?

Is there anything I may be missing in making my decision or anything that stands out on either phone that would make it worth purchasing over the other?

Thoughts please!...

Thanks
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: TP2 or Motorola DROID

Originally posted by egan21
    So I have to switch from Alltel to Verizon due to the takeover and now I have this very very hard decision to make. Do I get the TP2 or do I turn to the dark side and get the DROID?

The more I read about android and everything the better and better it sounds. Right now, the hardware and software seem much better than what the TP2 has to offer. They're priced the same and although I like the look of the TP2 ( minus the bulky-ness) The DROID is also very attractive and internally appears to be a lot more advanced than the TP2.

I'm really torn between the two especially now that the TP2 is available online at the verizon website.

What are your thoughts? Anybody here going to get the DROID?

Is there anything I may be missing in making my decision or anything that stands out on either phone that would make it worth purchasing over the other?

Thoughts please!...

Thanks

i will be getting the droid but there isnt a true answer to your questions.... until it is released i cant tell you how it is... noah and phonedog have a review and walkthrough of it.... i love my tp2 through verizon and it comes down to really is if you want windows mobile or android... adroid is nice but cant do some things wm can but at the same time the same thing goes for android compared to windows mobile....

Comment

• PHE-NOM
      Creativity Unleashed
      • Oct 14

Re TP2 or Motorola DROID

Originally posted by D/\SH
      i will be getting the droid but there isnt a true answer to your questions.... until it is released i cant tell you how it is... noah and phonedog have a review and walkthrough of it.... i love my tp2 through verizon and it comes down to really is if you want windows mobile or android... adroid is nice but cant do some things wm can but at the same time the same thing goes for android compared to windows mobile....
      in other words in cant be compared until the droid drops..... just wait and once it drops buy the droid, you will have a month to return it and get a different phone.... if you dont like it, get the tp2...
      sigpic

NEW TO SPJ? CLICK HERE

NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FLASH? CLICK HERE

QUIERES SABER COMO DESBLOQUEAR Y FLASHAR TU TELEFONO? PRESIONA AQUI
      TIENES PREGUNTAS SOBRE APPLICACIONES O TEMAS, PERO NO SABES HABLAR INGLES? PRESIONA AQUI

Comment

• egan21
        • May 24

Re Re TP2 or Motorola DROID

Originally posted by PHE-NOM
        in other words in cant be compared until the droid drops..... just wait and once it drops buy the droid, you will have a month to return it and get a different phone.... if you dont like it, get the tp2...
        Thanks for the quick replies guys.. I hear what you're saying, can't compare until we can physically compare them in hand.

Well, I've pre-ordered the DROID from best buy so I will pick it up on friday and see what it's all about.

I did not know I had 30 days to return the phone if I don't like it, so that's a great option (new to verizon) but, I will patiently wait for next Friday to roll around a go from there...

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Re: Re Re TP2 or Motorola DROID

Thanks for the quick replies guys.. I hear what you're saying, can't compare until we can physically compare them in hand.

Well, I've pre-ordered the DROID from best buy so I will pick it up on friday and see what it's all about.

I did not know I had 30 days to return the phone if I don't like it, so that's a great option (new to verizon) but, I will patiently wait for next Friday to roll around a go from there...
          word if your itching for android it will be good for you..... should be one of the best android devices out there to date.... i cant wait to get mine and take that puppy for a test drive and alternate between the two devices... now the droid and the tp2 is a deadly combo ill tell you what

Comment

• egan21
            • May 24

Re Re Re TP2 or Motorola DROID

Originally posted by D/\SH
            word if your itching for android it will be good for you..... should be one of the best android devices out there to date.... i cant wait to get mine and take that puppy for a test drive and alternate between the two devices... now the droid and the tp2 is a deadly combo ill tell you what
            I feel ya, I'm still boating around with the Alltel PPC-6800. With Alltel I was in the dark ages and now that the switch over has happened with Alltel and Verizon, I'm all the sudden able to get these phones due to the switch over with a discount on top of the current prices.

So, either way I'm definitely upgrading, I really like the keyboard on the TP2 as for the DROID, I'm a bit concerned I will not like it, especially after messing around with the dummy phone at best buy but we will see how I adjust.

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Re: Re Re Re TP2 or Motorola DROID

I feel ya, I'm still boating around with the Alltel PPC-6800. With Alltel I was in the dark ages and now that the switch over has happened with Alltel and Verizon, I'm all the sudden able to get these phones due to the switch over with a discount on top of the current prices.

So, either way I'm definitely upgrading, I really like the keyboard on the TP2 as for the DROID, I'm a bit concerned I will not like it, especially after messing around with the dummy phone at best buy but we will see how I adjust.

the speeds arent really that much different to tell the truth between the devices considering os slows some down and such.... they asre going to be pretty even but you should be happy with the droid and if not as strated you got 30 days to trade in for something else aka the touch pro 2 or the imagio if you dont mind not having the keyboard physically.

Comment

• illwillmatic09
                • Aug 23

Re TP2 or Motorola DROID

not ready 2 give up windows but will be gettin the droid just 2 get familia with the os!

Comment

• D/\SH
                  Owner - Staff
                  • Feb 07

Re: Re TP2 or Motorola DROID

Originally posted by illwillmatic09
                  not ready 2 give up windows but will be gettin the droid just 2 get familia with the os!
                  you will love it gonna be great and android is an awesome interface... your gonna be like me and switch between droid and tp2 :)

Comment

• Mike20PR
                    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
                    • Mar 31

Re TP2 or Motorola DROID

i still cant get over the fact that the Droid will most likely to ship with the horrendous gold trim...

the only thing i dont like about it is that the screen may be longer than the pro2 but its skinny....

i rather have the nice and wide TP2 screen rather than the droid's
                    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
                    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
                    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
                    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• D/\SH
                      Owner - Staff
                      • Feb 07

Re: Re TP2 or Motorola DROID

Originally posted by Mike20PR
                      i still cant get over the fact that the Droid will most likely to ship with the horrendous gold trim...

the only thing i dont like about it is that the screen may be longer than the pro2 but its skinny....

i rather have the nice and wide TP2 screen rather than the droid's
                      yea but im still going to be getting it.

Comment

• egan21
                        • May 24

Do you guys know if the droid will be able to make calls internationally from Europe to the US?

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

Do you guys know if the droid will be able to make calls internationally from Europe to the US?
                          i dont think this is a world phone but i could be wrong

Comment

• egan21
                            • May 24

Yea, after looking into a little further, it's not a global phone. I guess I'll be using skype when I go over seas...unless there's a better option?

Comment

• D/\SH
                              Owner - Staff
                              • Feb 07

Yea, after looking into a little further, it's not a global phone. I guess I'll be using skype when I go over seas...unless there's a better option?
                              google voice is all that has to be said.

Comment

Working...