Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

Touch Pro 2 Review By VenumX

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VenumX
    The VenumX Factor
    • Nov 14

Touch Pro 2 Review By VenumX

So here is my (VenumX's) take on the TP vs TP2 debate - Sorta a TP2 Review

GENERAL OVERVIEW/SCREEN/TILT
    So i got my TP2 in today and after messing with it for about an hour my recommendation is, if you've got the money buy it cause the screen looks amazing on this device, also the tilt is really convenient for sprint navigation on the road, especially if you have on of those sticky mats for your dashboard...SprintTV also looks really sexy on that screen, makes me actually wanna use my phone for media again...

TF3D2
    i was kind of disappointed that HTC just went with a gray background on the TF3D2, I really think they should have made it customizable for all tabs :/ The TF3D2 is what we would have expected tho very nicely laid out - the same as what you're used to on your TP just bigger :)

KEYBOARD
    Ill start off by saying the keyboard is much larger on the TP2, not only because of the size of the phone itself, but also because the majority of the keys now have alternate functions as well; if you notice on the old TP this was not the case, the majority of the buttons had just one funtion (usually a letter). Also I don't like that HTC removed the tab button from the keyboard but they were smart about the comma on the keyboard, normally you have to press fn + period to get a comma instead they moved the comma to the left side of the spacebar and made it a primary key so that you dont have to push FN. They also removed the CTRL button which i've never really used before anyway and im not sure if it even had a use... Like i said a lot of the buttons have been merged with other buttons, no longer are dash and equals primary buttons they are the secondary functions of O and I, respectively. Overall the keyboard design on the TP2 has been very nice to type on and is spaced out a lot better; however they did sacrifice a keystroke for the user to get it this way.

HTC START MENU
    Another big difference is the start menu on the new TP2, I like the setup they have its almost like the Motorola Q9 if you guys can remember that far back. When you push the start button it brings up a list of applications that you may find more useful or you may use on a daily basis, I find this as a VERY cool feature only because it is completely customizable which means for those people that used to find organizing icons on their start menu an annoying task, it has now been made easy for you. They give you 30 "favorite" slots on the initial start menu but if something you need is not on your start menu, you can press the "All Programs" button and get all of your programs...almost self explanatory! They do lock the Home, People, Calendar and Settings on that main menu, I'm not sure if that is unlockable or not yet...Overall makes things very easy to use and customize, THANKS HTC <3

CASE
    NO CASE....WTF HTC?!!@#?/ My TP1 came with one :(

MEMORY CARD
    NO MEMORY CARD EITHER?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME HTC?!??!?!!?

ZOOM BAR
    So because HTC TP2 - Mostly (if not all) WM's fault - does not have capacitive touchscreen the TP2 fails to have an onscreen zoom feature...so what does HTC decide to use for an alternative a zoom bar right below the screen. This is an awesome idea because anyone that has tried to do the circle around what they want to zoom in on has accidently rotated the pictures on the old versions of HTC Album. Now no mistakes can be made, the zoom bar is the zoom bar there is nothing else it will do, this means no more accidental rotation!! "But VenumX how do I rotate the picture on the fly then?!" - now why would you wanna do a silly thing like that..or at least thats what HTC seems to think, there is no way - that i have found - to rotate the images in the HTC album so you will need a 3rd party app for that...sorry..

MEMORY CONSUMPTION
    Since I've started this review the memory consumption has gone from 50% to 67% which tells me there is some kind of memory leak. I suspect that I just need to hard reset, I should have done this before I even used it so it's partially my fault and I was being greedy and wanted instant gratification :(

3.5MM HEADPHONE JACK
    So the jack is really nice to have seperate from the charger but why did you put it that close to the charger port, what if i need more space!! Put the headphone jack at the top of the phone!! that way if i need audio on the bottom (charger dock ) i can just use that port but if i need audio on the top if that jack was up there i would be able to plug it in and sit it up right side up >.< CMON think about design at least a little bit HTC

SIM CARD
    Thanks now i can travel anywhere outside of the US and still use the phone! too bad i never travel internationally :/ so how do i benefit from this?!?!? well let me tell you...you can back up your contacts to the SIM card just like you are a real-live GSM person! that's right! another medium to back up those precious phone numbers that you never call and just keep in your phone to be able to impress your friends by saying i have (insert absurd number here) contacts in MY phone...

I cant talk about the battery yet cause I haven't completely abused the phone yet :P but i suppose this is where I'm supposed to give my grand conclusion that changes your mind forever on getting the TP2. sorry to disappoint but I am non-conclusive on this...if you have the money GET THE DEVICE NOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING READING THIS?!?! if you are hard on money and this device is supposed to last you more than a year; wait for the new WM device and pass this one...
    Last edited by VenumX; September 18, 2009, 12:46 PM.

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Wanna Introduce Yourself?! Click HERE

Need to flash a rom?
    stlouisfinest68 has a great video tutorial on how to do it, click HERE

Forum Rules: --> HERE
    Join A Group:--> HERE
    Learn To Get Around The Forum:--> HERE

• GokuSS3
    • Jun 02

Re: Touch Pro 2 Review By VenumX

Thanks for the review Venum very Helpful. From reading it tho looks like you get the short of the deal with TP2 no memory card or case what hell is that all about !!!!!
    sigpic
    The Must Read Noob Guide!!!Click Here
    How To Flash A Rom!!!Click Here
    If I Have Helped Be Sure To Hit That Thanks Button!!!

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
      • Mar 27

He bro congrats whit your new tp2 and very nice review hope you guys can have the hard spl Quick so you can flash this thing lol agree whit the above i have case whit mine but for this price i expected a memory card but now lol send a complaind to the store lol but now respons yet

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
      ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
      video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
      NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
      LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
      TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
      sigpic

Comment

• VenumX
        The VenumX Factor
        • Nov 14

Originally posted by GokuSS3
        Thanks for the review Venum very Helpful. From reading it tho looks like you get the short of the deal with TP2 no memory card or case what hell is that all about !!!!!
        haha i know right!! i saw the size of the box and instantly i was like oh damn this dont come with shit lol...its sad when you get more accessories in the box with an LG Rumor than the HTC Touch Pro 2 (difference in price $300)

- added a sim card section the the review!

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

• GokuSS3
          • Jun 02

Originally posted by VenumX
          haha i know right!! i saw the size of the box and instantly i was like oh damn this dont come with shit lol...its sad when you get more accessories in the box with an LG Rumor than the HTC Touch Pro 2 (difference in price $300)

- added a sim card section the the review!
          Word I am going to find some way to work the system either Sprint or Jump ship to Verizon since they seem to have no trouble taking away Sprint customers haha
          sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by GokuSS3
            Word I am going to find some way to work the system either Sprint or Jump ship to Verizon since they seem to have no trouble taking away Sprint customers haha
            hahha that they dont and did you notice the different atmospherre of the people caring in the verizon store.... they still may not know everything or nearly as much as we do about these devices but they try and they more importantly are willing ot help and not be lazy which in my area is what sprint is known for in the service center and such..... i know they have to write out a ticket but for real is a ticket that big of a deal ? only takes a couple minites to write out for heavens sake,

Comment

• GokuSS3
              • Jun 02

Originally posted by D/\SH
              hahha that they dont and did you notice the different atmospherre of the people caring in the verizon store.... they still may not know everything or nearly as much as we do about these devices but they try and they more importantly are willing ot help and not be lazy which in my area is what sprint is known for in the service center and such..... i know they have to write out a ticket but for real is a ticket that big of a deal ? only takes a couple minites to write out for heavens sake,
              Yes I did notice that , was thinking the same thing. LIke they didn't care about phone modding they thought is was all really cool and went out of there way to help me so yeah must agree.
              sigpic

Comment

• BiG JeW
                ADMIN-Watch what you say!
                • Feb 09

VENUMX, your TP2 doesn't come with a Memory Card slot or doesn't come with a memory card? Mine came with a 1g card and has a memory card slot.

MEMORY CARD
                NO MEMORY CARD EITHER?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME HTC?!??!?!!?
                NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
                LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
                LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
                IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU.......
                PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!!!

Comment

• VenumX
                  The VenumX Factor
                  • Nov 14

Originally posted by BiG JeW
                  VENUMX, your TP2 doesn't come with a Memory Card slot or doesn't come with a memory card? Mine came with a 1g card and has a memory card slot.
                  yeah no memory card where did yours come?

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                    OG Member
                    • Nov 08

nice review.But i'm still getting my HERO !!!! hahahahah

SPJ Bulletin @
                    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
                    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• VenumX
                      The VenumX Factor
                      • Nov 14

Originally posted by puertoblack2003
                      nice review.But i'm still getting my HERO !!!! hahahahah
                      oh, me too, trust me :P

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                        OG Member
                        • Nov 08

Originally posted by VenumX
                        oh, me too, trust me :P
                        lol i just got a mail from sprint to upgrade to a palm pre for 149.00 in my mind i said, nope hero yes...lol

SPJ Bulletin @
                        forum.smartphonejunkie.org
                        Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• forty01
                          Supporter
                          • Nov 24

Great review V, I just need to decide whether to give in or hold off. I have the money, but I'm savvy like that. It has to make sense, I can control urges, lol. we shall see.
                          sigpic
                          About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
                          Flashing a ROM Click Here
                          Noob Zone Click Here
                          How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• D/\SH
                            Owner - Staff
                            • Feb 07

Originally posted by puertoblack2003
                            lol i just got a mail from sprint to upgrade to a palm pre for 149.00 in my mind i said, nope hero yes...lol

hahahah you made a great choice there my friend.

Comment

• VenumX
                              The VenumX Factor
                              • Nov 14

Originally posted by D/\SH
                              hahahah you made a great choice there my friend.
                              completely agree, the way i see it right now Hero >= TP2 > Pre (notice the greater than OR equal to on the TP2 vs Hero comparison) haha

sigpic

Need to flash a rom?

Comment

Working...