Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CYBER WEESJE
    • Mar 27

[NEWS] What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

We've known for a while that the Zune HD would have a Marketplace. But this has always been a confusing prospect: is this the same Marketplace to be found on Windows Phone devices in October? And, is the Zune HD a precursor to Windows Mobile 7 with its new interface and multi-touch display?

It turns out that for now, at least, the Marketplace on Zune will feature mostly free apps developed in-house by Microsoft. Apps will include things like Twitter, Facebook, and some 3D games. These are slated to show up later this year. For now, users can get more basic widgets and games from the Marketplace.

At this time, Marketplace for Zune and Marketplace for Windows Phones will remain separate. This is because apps that work on a "sometimes" connected device (that's the Zune) may not work on an "always" connected device (like a phone). That, plus the fact that the Zune HD uses different software and drivers than those found on Windows Phone, and you can see why there will be no integration.

That said, it's possible that one day we may see both marketplaces merge so that you can essentially run sweet 3D Zune games on your Windows Phone, and run Windows Phone apps on your Zune.

We expect delivery of a Zune HD later today. We'll be doing coverage of the Marketplace to try to make some predictions of what Microsoft has in store for this sweet mobile device as it pertains to Windows Mobile. Plus, we're curious as to how the internet browsing experience of the Zune HD compares to that of IE Mobile in Windows Mobile 6.5.

(via Engadget)

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
    ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
    video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
    NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
    TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
    sigpic
  • tlpalmer01
    • Feb 20

Re: What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

it will be interesting to see how this will compare to the ipod touch in sales...especially duting the upcoming holiday season (dam what a fast year)...........

Comment

• Sh0wNuF
      • Jul 09

So, i've been waiting for this thing to drop ever since i heard about cuz i've always been a die hard zune fan.....the ipod touch came out and i had to put my zune away for one and i've been waiting forever for the zune hd....well i went out last night at midnight to walmart and picked one up and after a little playing i'll give my review.

Out of the box nothing is useable except for the one video it comes with and the two pictures....you have to sync with your computer and update it before anything can be used. Once that is done though this device is awesome. The device is only about .02 mm thicker than the ipod touch and it is definitely less wide but the screen is only .2 inches smaller than the ipod touch. The interface and touch screen is amazingly responsive and resilient. The OLED display is just amazing and everything on it looks crisp and clean. Navigation is very simple, easy and just plain looks better than the ipod touch. It has a sexy screen saver that scrolls the artist/song across the screen. As an MP3 player the Zune HD is hands down way better than the ipod touch in functionality and flair. Where it is a little lacking is the internet browser. The internet browser is fine and works well with auto rotation but the onscreen keyboard is significantly smaller than the ipod touch's and is a little difficult to type fast on but you can hold and drag across it and it will zoom on the letter you are pushing so I made very few spelling errors. As stated the app store only has about 8 apps available right now, all free, but it is way easier to download them vs the ipod touch because you don't have to enter a password at all to download. The FM tuner is awesome and very clear, my first experience with HD radio :-D Overall I will give the Zune HD an 7/10. It would get a 10/10 if you didn't have to update the software out of the box, the app store was more developed at its launch and if the on screen keyboard was a bit bigger but those issues can be easily fixed with a software update and I am definitely glad that I purchased one of these baby's. I definitely recommend this if you want a sleek and sexy device that will definitely get you laid :-D
      sigpic

Comment

• mda16
        • Jan 31

The Zune hd is definitely a must buy. I cant wait until I get mine.
        sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by mda16
          The Zune hd is definitely a must buy. I cant wait until I get mine.
          im going to wait and here the reviews myself..... i just want to make sure that microsoft didnt mess this one up too or have lack of features.

Comment

• mda16
            • Jan 31

Originally posted by D/\SH
            im going to wait and here the reviews myself..... i just want to make sure that microsoft didnt mess this one up too or have lack of features.
            I know what you mean but I think microsoft will deliver. I love my zune 80 and 4 that i have
            sigpic

Comment

• Sh0wNuF
              • Jul 09

I know what you mean but I think microsoft will deliver. I love my zune 80 and 4 that i have
              I am pretty confident that MS will deliver, they definitely botched the launch but things can only get better....I love the zune interface and as for the apps, I hope they get some better ones and open it up for 3rd party developers but I've always thought that most the apps for the iphone/itouch were stupid and pointless....as a media player my zune HD blows the ipod out of the water
              sigpic

Comment

• mda16
                • Jan 31

Originally posted by Sh0wNuF
                I am pretty confident that MS will deliver, they definitely botched the launch but things can only get better....I love the zune interface and as for the apps, I hope they get some better ones and open it up for 3rd party developers but I've always thought that most the apps for the iphone/itouch were stupid and pointless....as a media player my zune HD blows the ipod out of the water
                As a media player it does blow the ipod out of the water and I think zune will have some quality apps too
                sigpic

Comment

• Sh0wNuF
                  • Jul 09

As a media player it does blow the ipod out of the water and I think zune will have some quality apps too
                  yup, really for me the only apps that are essential are facebook/myspace and some interesting games to keep me busy when i get bored at work or school. I don't need an app that will tell me the closest haircut place or one that will tell me when i'm gonna die so I'll be good with just a facebook/myspace app and some fun games
                  sigpic

Comment

• mda16
                    • Jan 31

Originally posted by Sh0wNuF
                    yup, really for me the only apps that are essential are facebook/myspace and some interesting games to keep me busy when i get bored at work or school. I don't need an app that will tell me the closest haircut place or one that will tell me when i'm gonna die so I'll be good with just a facebook/myspace app and some fun games
                    This is true and I'm gonna need a twitter app too lol
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sh0wNuF
                      • Jul 09

This is true and I'm gonna need a twitter app too lol
                      haha, they are supposed to be coming out with a twitter one within 5 weeks so the essentials should be covered
                      sigpic

Comment

• fanaticny
                        • Dec 15

quick question about the zune, I just care about sound quality, not from videos, but from MP3's. How good is it compared to an ipod? and if you have it hooked up to your car stereo, does it sound as good?

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

Originally posted by fanaticny
                          quick question about the zune, I just care about sound quality, not from videos, but from MP3's. How good is it compared to an ipod? and if you have it hooked up to your car stereo, does it sound as good?
                          the sound quality is great and the hd radio is bad ass and on top of that it sounds great through the car :)

Comment

• fanaticny
                            • Dec 15

Re What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

Originally posted by D/\SH
                            the sound quality is great and the hd radio is bad ass and on top of that it sounds great through the car :)
                            seems like im getting myself a Zune HD for christmas.........or even before lol

Comment

• D/\SH
                              Owner - Staff
                              • Feb 07

Re: Re What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

Originally posted by fanaticny
                              seems like im getting myself a Zune HD for christmas.........or even before lol
                              i got a 32gb one ans i love it :)

Comment

Working...