Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CYBER WEESJE
    • Mar 27

[MUST-READ] Touch Pro vs Touch Pro2: Should You Upgrade

Never has a Windows Mobile device (or any smartphone for that matter) seen as much availability as the HTC Touch Pro2. In the US, the Touch Pro2 is on Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile, and will be heading to AT&T later this fall. Around the globe, the Touch Pro2 will make its rounds on Telus in Canada, T-Mobile in Germany, and others. Plus, it's always available in unlocked form for any GSM carrier in the world.

A lot of last generation Touch Pro users are wondering: is the Touch Pro2 worth an upgrade? An important question considering that the cheapest variant of the device on any carrier currently stands at around $200 (thanks to Verizon), with the unlocked version selling well into the $700 range. Either way, it's a of money. Click on as we make the case for you to upgrade.

Screen is amazing

Anyone that's seen a Touch Pro2 knows that it has a HUGE screen. At 3.6", it's 30% bigger than its predecessor. It also packs a higher resolution, granting an increase of screen real estate by 25%. As a bonus, we found the screen of the Touch Pro2 to be much more sensitive than that on the Touch Pro, and even almost as sensitive as the screen on the iPhone (a bold claim, we know).

Form factor

Many of you had the TyTN II which went by many other names (such as the AT&T Tilt). The TyTN II had a revolutionary tilting screen that allowed for new uses for the device: it could be placed on a table top for movie watching, it could rest on a dashboard for GPS navigation, and it could be positioned in bright sunlight to grant a better viewing angle.

The Touch Pro2 brings back the awesome tilting screen. And while it doesn't tilt as much as the original, it's still enough to get the aforementioned benefits.

Keyboard the best ever

The keyboard on the Touch Pro2 is possibly the most comfortable keyboard ever put on a smartphone. Yes, it's wider and thus it requires more finger travel, but the offset buttons and the fantastic key response trumps that of the little chicklets found on the Touch Pro.

Specs

In terms of specs, we don't think HTC gave the Touch Pro2 the boost that it deserved. Both devices have the same 528MHz CPU clock speed, they have the same about of RAM and ROM, both have aGPS, WiFi, HSDPA, Bluetooth, and FM Radio. The Touch Pro2 actually has no camera flash, while the original did.

That said, the Touch Pro2 feels faster in day to day operation, and our benchmarks confirm that the Touch Pro2 is indeed a more powerful device.

Other features

]

On the Touch Pro2, you'll find an improved version of TouchFLO 3D which makes better use of screenspace. Speaking of software, the Touch Pro2 gets an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5, while the original obviously does not.

In addition, the Touch Pro2 brings a feature not found on any other smartphone: a conference-room-worthy speakerphone. The Touch Pro2 has dual speakers and dual microphones, the former to add volume, the latter to help with noise cancellation.

Summary

Overall, the Touch Pro2 is a heck of an upgrade to the Touch Pro (all things considered), and if you have the opportunity to upgrade at a subsidized price, we say...do it.

yep agree fully whit this its great device

SOURCE TO ORIGINAL POST
    Code:
    http://pocketnow.com/thought/touch-pro-vs-touch-pro2-should-you-upgrade
    GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
    ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
    video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
    NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
    TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
    sigpic
  • PsyChoTk
    • Jul 03

Re: Touch Pro vs Touch Pro2: Should You Upgrade

The answere is yes, Yes, to the upgrade. However, you might want to wait til the CDMA hard spl is FINALLY release and the cookers, rom pimps, get a hold of the manila customizations, like themes, panoramic backgrounds. Or if you can stomach WM6.1 after dusing 6.5 for so long and the default sprint stuff, then your good to go. Now if i can get rid of that d@&n sprint banner all will be right in the world again.

I'm rockin and all about my TP2. Even the wife likes her's over her TP. But, I really want 6.5 back and pano backgrounds. :(
    Originally posted by D/\SH
    you psychotk :)

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
      • Mar 27

Originally posted by PsyChoTk
      The answere is yes, Yes, to the upgrade. However, you might want to wait til the CDMA hard spl is FINALLY release and the cookers, rom pimps, get a hold of the manila customizations, like themes, panoramic backgrounds. Or if you can stomach WM6.1 after dusing 6.5 for so long and the default sprint stuff, then your good to go. Now if i can get rid of that d@&n sprint banner all will be right in the world again.

I'm rockin and all about my TP2. Even the wife likes her's over her TP. But, I really want 6.5 back and pano backgrounds. :(
      YEP you guys have to whait think onlinex is working on hard spl for cdma, i am on gsm lucky me flash already 10 times lol always go back to energy rom preloadet whit apps looks great battery life 3 days normal use 6.5 is great and yeah i whant to see some more themes for tp2 also but i cant complain.

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
      ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
      sigpic

Comment

• PsyChoTk
        • Jul 03

Originally posted by CYBER WEESJE
        YEP you guys have to whait think onlinex is working on hard spl for cdma, i am on gsm lucky me flash already 10 times lol always go back to energy rom preloadet whit apps looks great battery life 3 days normal use 6.5 is great and yeah i whant to see some more themes for tp2 also but i cant complain.

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
        ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
        rub it in man, rub it in..................................d@&* cdma.
        you psychotk :)

Comment

• VenumX
          The VenumX Factor
          • Nov 14

awesome, ordering mine tomorrow at work... gotta love credit cards :)

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Wanna Introduce Yourself?! Click HERE

Need to flash a rom?
          stlouisfinest68 has a great video tutorial on how to do it, click HERE

Forum Rules: --> HERE
          Join A Group:--> HERE
          Learn To Get Around The Forum:--> HERE

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by VenumX
            awesome, ordering mine tomorrow at work... gotta love credit cards :)

hahahah i get mine on wednesday!!! i cannot wait until it arrives :)

Comment

• blackdiamond017
              • Oct 17

I'm thinking about jumping on the bandwagon too. I heard that verizon's version will be gsm and cdma. Will that make things more difficult for customization u think?

Comment

• GokuSS3
                • Jun 02

Originally posted by blackdiamond017
                I'm thinking about jumping on the bandwagon too. I heard that verizon's version will be gsm and cdma. Will that make things more difficult for customization u think?
                No not really there will enough for whatever the phone will be. You think he we pump out a lot of roms here. Go check out XDA they come out almost daily for gsm haha.
                sigpic
                The Must Read Noob Guide!!!Click Here
                How To Flash A Rom!!!Click Here
                If I Have Helped Be Sure To Hit That Thanks Button!!!

Comment

• ronaldsdv
                  • Mar 10

I would love to go to the same side with the TP2, but the price is a big issue here .... I have to figure a way for me to get it for free

Comment

• GokuSS3
                    • Jun 02

Originally posted by ronaldsdv
                    I would love to go to the same side with the TP2, but the price is a big issue here .... I have to figure a way for me to get it for free
                    Lol isn't that what everyone on sprint in trying to figure haha !!!!
                    sigpic
                    The Must Read Noob Guide!!!Click Here
                    How To Flash A Rom!!!Click Here
                    If I Have Helped Be Sure To Hit That Thanks Button!!!

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
                      • Mar 27

Originally posted by ronaldsdv
                      i would love to go to the same side with the tp2, but the price is a big issue here .... I have to figure a way for me to get it for free
                      Originally posted by gokuss3
                      lol isn't that what everyone on sprint in trying to figure haha !!!!
                      go verizon like dash lol to be honnest if you can get for 300 usd or more buy it its hole lot better then tp, dream on to get it for free like whit your tp sprint need to make some money still expensif for them to

grtz cyber weesje
                      administrator@spj
                      sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
                        Owner - Staff
                        • Feb 07

yes its a world phone and for overseas they use gsm so you can use the verizon sim card when overseas and such and still be able to use your device.

Comment

• blackdiamond017
                          • Oct 17

So Dash went Verizon???? I just knew Sprint was the god of SPJ lol. I feel included now lol!!

Comment

• D/\SH
                            Owner - Staff
                            • Feb 07

So Dash went Verizon???? I just knew Sprint was the god of SPJ lol. I feel included now lol!!

hahahahah verizon users will be pouring in here now from the youtube videos that will be coming up :)

Comment

• VenumX
                              The VenumX Factor
                              • Nov 14

hahahahah verizon users will be pouring in here now from the youtube videos that will be coming up :)
                              dont tear on sprint too much i still need customers to buy phones :P

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Wanna Introduce Yourself?! Click HERE

Need to flash a rom?
                              stlouisfinest68 has a great video tutorial on how to do it, click HERE

Forum Rules: --> HERE
                              Join A Group:--> HERE
                              Learn To Get Around The Forum:--> HERE

Comment

Working...