• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICEM/\N
    The Man with the Plan!
    • Apr 10

[NEWS] Verizon Wireless announces the Escapade

Verizon Wireless announces the Escapade

It may be relatively bland, and it probably won't win any awards in the design department, but the Escapade marks another global phone for the nation's largest wireless carrier. With support for CDMA and quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900), the Escapade is perfect for someone who travels on a regular basis. The device offers a 2.0-megapixel camera, Bluetooth, and supports many Verizon Wireless services, such as VZ Navigator, Mobile E-Mail, and Mobile Web.

The Escapade will be available through all channels on August 21st for $29.99 after a $50.00 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Anyone planning on skipping the carrier's global PDA offerings for the Escapade? Sound off in the comments section! The full press release is below.

ESCAPE AROUND THE GLOBE WITH NEW VERIZON WIRELESS ESCAPADE

Dual Band CDMA/Quad Band GSM Handset is Equipped for International Communications

BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless announced today that the new Verizon Wireless Escapade™, developed by Personal Communications Devices, LLC, will be available online at
    Code:
    www.verizonwireless.com
    and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Aug. 21. A must-have phone for globetrotters and jet-setters, the Escapade’s quad band network compatibility allows customers to place voice calls in more than 220 destinations worldwide.

Color/design: Glossy wine finish, packaged in a slick clamshell design

Key features:
    Dual band CDMA 1X and quad band GSM/GPRS (900/1800, 850/1900)
    Pre-installed SIM card
    Built-in 2.0 megapixel camera
    Dual color displays – internal 2”, 262k color TFT and 1.1”, 65k color CSTN external
    Bluetooth®-enabled with support for headset, hands-free, phonebook access, and Object Push for vCard profile
    Lifestyle features:
    Voice commands key
    Text, picture and voice messaging
    T9 predictive text
    Media Center capabilities for downloading games, ringtones, location-based services and more
    Bilingual interface supports English and Spanish languages
    Mobile Web capabilities with access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
    Access to Mobile Email, Mobile Web Mail, Mobile IM, and chat
    VZ NavigatorSM capabilities for audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest in the U.S., and the directions can be shared with others
    Price and availability:
    The Escapade will be available for $29.99 after a $50.00 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
    Customers can purchase the Escapade beginning Aug. 21 at
    Code:
    www.verizonwireless.com
    or in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to
    Code:
    www.verizonwireless.com
    FOLLOW ME>>>>
    Subscribe to my channel>>>>
    CLICK HERE TO GO TO ICEM/\N's Youtube Channel
    HIT THAT REP/ THANKS BUTTON FOR USEFUL POSTS!
    IF YOU INSTALL ONE OF MY RELEASES PLEASE PRESS THE INSTALLED BUTTON!
    Forum Rules
    A Noob Guide
    Let ICEM/\N Mod your iPhone 3G
    Guide to install iPhone/iTouch Game & App Files

sigpic
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Verizon Wireless announces the Escapade

dman that whole crew is going to be travelling cross country now...... i wonder how many different languages the commercial will have saying can you hear me now?

Comment

Working...