X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICEM/\N
    The Man with the Plan!
    • Apr 10

[NEWS] Pre gets the on-screen keyboard its been missing yet has always had

Pre gets the on-screen keyboard it's been missing, yet has always had!

When we asked how you'd change Palm's Pre, one group of respondents requested a virtual keyboard, a group that should really quit its bellyaching because the phone already has one... it just doesn't offer any particularly useful keys. That's changing thanks to the modders at WebOS Internals, who are taking the control that pops up when you hit the "sym" key and expanding it to actually contain some symbols you might use more than once a week -- like, you know, letters and jazz. They have a functional keyboard operational at this point that works in both phone orientations, but it's still decidedly pre alpha, meaning only those whose delicate thumbs are blistering on the Pre's soft, smooth, physical keys should even think about this modification right now. The team has made huge strides in just the past few days, though, so perhaps before the end of the month everyone can be soft-typing pain-free.

[Via PreCentral.net]
    FOLLOW ME>>>>
    Subscribe to my channel>>>>
    CLICK HERE TO GO TO ICEM/\N's Youtube Channel
    HIT THAT REP/ THANKS BUTTON FOR USEFUL POSTS!
    IF YOU INSTALL ONE OF MY RELEASES PLEASE PRESS THE INSTALLED BUTTON!
    Forum Rules
    A Noob Guide
    Let ICEM/\N Mod your iPhone 3G
    Guide to install iPhone/iTouch Game & App Files

sigpic
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Pre gets the on-screen keyboard its been missing yet has always had

hell yeah! its about time, it was found some time ago but it looks like they finally figured out how to get everything hat was needed added.... i myelf felt the device shoudnt have been released without one sense your not always going to be able to open the phone everytime you want to type..... this should make life on the pre users much easier.

Comment

Working...