Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

Sprint acquires Virgin Mobile USA for a cool $483m

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICEM/\N
    The Man with the Plan!
    • Apr 10

[NEWS] Sprint acquires Virgin Mobile USA for a cool $483m

Sprint acquires Virgin Mobile USA for a cool $483m

Remember Virgin Mobile? Sure you do -- not long ago the last-man-standing MVNO snapped up Helio, and seemed ready to take its place as one of the few boutique prepaid operations still... er, operating. Well that appears to be all but done and done, as Sprint has just announced a "definitive agreement" to purchase the company for $483 million worth of sweet, succulent stock (which looks to be right about what it was valued at to begin with). It looks like Sprint will pair the acquisition with its Boost Mobile brand, which till now was in direct competition with VM. It's not quite rival city, however, Virgin Mobile USA was launched as a joint venture with Sprint, and the MVNO glides on Dan Hesse's network as it is. Still, it does seem to be another indicator that the days of the MVNO are certainly on the wane, though Sprint now looks to own the space -- what little there is.
    FOLLOW ME>>>>
    Subscribe to my channel>>>>
    CLICK HERE TO GO TO ICEM/\N's Youtube Channel
    HIT THAT REP/ THANKS BUTTON FOR USEFUL POSTS!
    IF YOU INSTALL ONE OF MY RELEASES PLEASE PRESS THE INSTALLED BUTTON!
    Forum Rules
    A Noob Guide
    Let ICEM/\N Mod your iPhone 3G
    Guide to install iPhone/iTouch Game & App Files

sigpic
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Sprint acquires Virgin Mobile USA for a cool $483m

instead of gambling money like they did with nextel and now virgin why not put that money into better customer service? or more phones on your line ppc wise.

Comment

• VenumX
      The VenumX Factor
      • Nov 14

Originally posted by D/\SH
      instead of gambling money like they did with nextel and now virgin why not put that money into better customer service? or more phones on your line ppc wise.
      or pay your employees more? :P

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Wanna Introduce Yourself?! Click HERE

Need to flash a rom?
      stlouisfinest68 has a great video tutorial on how to do it, click HERE

Forum Rules: --> HERE
      Join A Group:--> HERE
      Learn To Get Around The Forum:--> HERE

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by VenumX
        or pay your employees more? :P
        by the time they do that you will be done in ny hahaha and that will be due to inflation

Comment

• fanaticny
          • Dec 15

They need to put an antenna by my house cuz the service sucks lol.... can't complain about customer service, spanish or english, they've been good so far. But this looks like Sprint if following on GM steps, just owning more and more instead of offering better service.

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by fanaticny
            They need to put an antenna by my house cuz the service sucks lol.... can't complain about customer service, spanish or english, they've been good so far. But this looks like Sprint if following on GM steps, just owning more and more instead of offering better service.

what did you say about customer service?!!!!! you have to be the first on this green earth to say that about sprints customer service.... the reason that many of us are with sprint is because of the great proce and the good phone service without dropped calls...... we hate and always ***** about the customer service hahaha, but anyways i never have troubles with my reception unless im in my basement on a cloudy night hahahaah...... but give them up a call and get retentions and tell them about your reception troubles and tell them to fix it sicne in the contract it states they can only charge you if your residence gets signal which you dont so tell them thatyou want an airwave for freee and for them to wave the monthy fee on the box also ...

Comment

• fanaticny
              • Dec 15

Originally posted by D/\SH
              what did you say about customer service?!!!!! you have to be the first on this green earth to say that about sprints customer service.... the reason that many of us are with sprint is because of the great proce and the good phone service without dropped calls...... we hate and always ***** about the customer service hahaha, but anyways i never have troubles with my reception unless im in my basement on a cloudy night hahahaah...... but give them up a call and get retentions and tell them about your reception troubles and tell them to fix it sicne in the contract it states they can only charge you if your residence gets signal which you dont so tell them thatyou want an airwave for freee and for them to wave the monthy fee on the box also ...
              hehehe, what can I say?, im easily satisfied. Wanna explain what's that airwave thing, and what box fee are you talking about?

Comment

• D/\SH
                Owner - Staff
                • Feb 07

Originally posted by fanaticny
                hehehe, what can I say?, im easily satisfied. Wanna explain what's that airwave thing, and what box fee are you talking about?
                they charge 5 bucks a month for the airwave which i and many others got for free. right now it will only give you 1x data speeds in your residence but well worth it. (3g/rev a speeds supported in new system soon) but what an airwave does it plug into your high speed router and than gives you a mini tower in your house so you always have full bars and working good.... well worth having and they give them to everyone for free and waive the monthly fee if you have valid reason like i told you above..... i would give it a shot if you hasve high speed internent services sicne hell you have nothing to loose and if you decide for some reason it isnt for you, you could make around 60 bucks for it on ebay or craigslist easy.

Comment

Working...