Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

wifi vs 3g

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • only1penny
    • Mar 23

wifi vs 3g

i was wondering what was faster, wifi connection or 3g connection? i have so many places that have wifi available but i never use it. what are peoples experiences and how often do people jump on wifi, and what for if there are certain reasons. you know what i mean guys, what are the +'s and the -'s. plz & thnx
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: wifi vs 3g

Originally posted by only1penny
    i was wondering what was faster, wifi connection or 3g connection? i have so many places that have wifi available but i never use it. what are peoples experiences and how often do people jump on wifi, and what for if there are certain reasons. you know what i mean guys, what are the +'s and the -'s. plz & thnx
    depends on provider....... gsm are the ones that are truely 3g only...... if you are sprint which i believe you are (sorry hard to keep everyone straight and also just got up not too long ago) you would have rev a which is faster than 3g. wifi will drain your battery quicker and to my guess will be there until the data speeds for providers get faster than wifi speeds.

Comment

• GokuSS3
      • Jun 02

I always use my phone for internet , wifi is faster but like Dash said depends where you are at. You never really relieze how fast the Sprint network is until you turn your phone into a wifirouter and you see how fast your internet runs off of your phone lol you would be amazed
      sigpic
      The Must Read Noob Guide!!!Click Here
      How To Flash A Rom!!!Click Here
      If I Have Helped Be Sure To Hit That Thanks Button!!!

Comment

• only1penny
        • Mar 23

yes, i've got sprint, with unlimited data. so you guys are saying that sprint with rev a is faster than 3g, but wifi is still faster. but wifi drains the battery more. is this correct? and how much faster is it? and do you definately jump on wifi for certain things? for instance, if you're at home and you have a wifi connection available, but you're just on the couch surfing the interweb on your phone. do you rev a or do you wifi? plz & thnx

Comment

• crazaytalent
          • Aug 20

yes, i've got sprint, with unlimited data. so you guys are saying that sprint with rev a is faster than 3g, but wifi is still faster. but wifi drains the battery more. is this correct? and how much faster is it? and do you definately jump on wifi for certain things? for instance, if you're at home and you have a wifi connection available, but you're just on the couch surfing the interweb on your phone. do you rev a or do you wifi? plz & thnx
          yep that pretty mch sums it up... me personally... if im just casually surfing then it rev a all the way... but if im on the go... say at starbucks or something and need quick internet access to get say info on my next audition something... i take advantage and use the wifi... but if u just on the couch casually browsing, it makes no sens to use wifi, when itll just kill ur battery faster... thus shortening the time u have to browse... IMHO
          New to SPJ? Check the n00b guide...Learning to search? Quick tips
          Need to navigate the site? Take the SPJ Tour
          How to install TF3D themes? Here!!...Looking to flash your device? SEE ME

sigpic

HIT THAT THANKS/REP BUTTON FOR ALL HELPFUL POSTS!!

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by crazaytalent
            yep that pretty mch sums it up... me personally... if im just casually surfing then it rev a all the way... but if im on the go... say at starbucks or something and need quick internet access to get say info on my next audition something... i take advantage and use the wifi... but if u just on the couch casually browsing, it makes no sens to use wifi, when itll just kill ur battery faster... thus shortening the time u have to browse... IMHO
            but if you are at home you would have your home charger next to you on the couch keeping your juice up there. hahahhaa sorry just had to

Comment

• only1penny
              • Mar 23

so, although it drains the battery, wifi is quicker than sprint 3g speed. like "lets have a race to get through some online stuff" and the money is on the wifi over the sprint 3g. correct?

Comment

• D/\SH
                Owner - Staff
                • Feb 07

so, although it drains the battery, wifi is quicker than sprint 3g speed. like "lets have a race to get through some online stuff" and the money is on the wifi over the sprint 3g. correct?
                yes its faster than sprints rec a internet and yes as stated above already spritns revv a isnt as fast as wifi thats all there is too it.

Comment

• only1penny
                  • Mar 23

appreciate it guys!

Comment

• crazaytalent
                    • Aug 20

Originally posted by D/\SH
                    but if you are at home you would have your home charger next to you on the couch keeping your juice up there. hahahhaa sorry just had to
                    hahaha... yes indeed my friend... but u ever notice then when runnin the net and chargin the phone will sometimes get real hot... and if it gets to hot, while running other process, itll stop charging? Thats why when im tethering or something, and doin a lot of online surfing browsing etc, i got keep my pro on a ziploc bag of ice (Ziploc bag to keep it waterproof from ice melting )... to keep it cool so itll contue charging for all that time... so I hope u got a good cooling method for all that simultaneus wifi and charging you doing...loL!
                    New to SPJ? Check the n00b guide...Learning to search? Quick tips
                    Need to navigate the site? Take the SPJ Tour
                    How to install TF3D themes? Here!!...Looking to flash your device? SEE ME

sigpic

HIT THAT THANKS/REP BUTTON FOR ALL HELPFUL POSTS!!

Comment

Working...