Good Times Old Times

Collapse

Welcome Guest, SPJ Bulletin - Good Times Old Times,(AKA SPJ Junkie, TEAM HTC) is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public wayback in 2004! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members and staff are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to excite your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
You're currently viewing the forum community as a Guest. You'll have access to thousands of Archived post,from our long time helpful and dedicated staffs and members.Please Keep in mind the forum is for archived information only Any attachments in a post are no longer available. It's been PRUNED !!!!

Registration is open but limited

Palm Pre App Catalog to Reach 1 Million Downloads by End of Week

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICEM/\N
    The Man with the Plan!
    • Apr 10

[NEWS] Palm Pre App Catalog to Reach 1 Million Downloads by End of Week

The Palm Pre app store, the Application catalog has served 800,000 apps in all as of June 20, 150,000 of them were downloaded to customers on the first day of sale of the Palm Pre.

At the rate of about 46,700 Pre app downloads a day the App Catalog reach1 million download mark by the end of this week.

18 apps were available at launch from the app catalog and presently there are 30 applications. The Palm Pre is the second phone to be launched with an app store at time of launch. The only other phone was the HTC Dream aka T-Mobile G1.

The iPhone App store didn’t launch until months after the launch of the first iPhone.

The Software Development Kit for webOS will be coming out later this summer which opens up the playing field for more apps.
    FOLLOW ME>>>>
    Subscribe to my channel>>>>
    CLICK HERE TO GO TO ICEM/\N's Youtube Channel
    HIT THAT REP/ THANKS BUTTON FOR USEFUL POSTS!
    IF YOU INSTALL ONE OF MY RELEASES PLEASE PRESS THE INSTALLED BUTTON!
    Forum Rules
    A Noob Guide
    Let ICEM/\N Mod your iPhone 3G
    Guide to install iPhone/iTouch Game & App Files

sigpic
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Palm Pre App Catalog to Reach 1 Million Downloads by End of Week

Originally posted by ICEM/\N

The Palm Pre app store, the Application catalog has served 800,000 apps in all as of June 20, 150,000 of them were downloaded to customers on the first day of sale of the Palm Pre.

At the rate of about 46,700 Pre app downloads a day the App Catalog reach1 million download mark by the end of this week.

18 apps were available at launch from the app catalog and presently there are 30 applications. The Palm Pre is the second phone to be launched with an app store at time of launch. The only other phone was the HTC Dream aka T-Mobile G1.

The iPhone App store didn’t launch until months after the launch of the first iPhone.

The Software Development Kit for webOS will be coming out later this summer which opens up the playing field for more apps.

this is great news and proving that the pre is going to be a force to be reckoned with... and when there is more competition that only means better things for us trhe consumers to see since they are going to be outcompeting eachother

Comment

• VenumX
      The VenumX Factor
      • Nov 14

i have customers tellin my iphone has OVER 60000 APPS all the time and i just look at them and im like...you're gonna put 60,000 apps on your iphone? They obviously say no and then im like well then why you need 60,000 apps if the 12 that you actually download are the ones on the palm pre store :) and also the iphone didnt ship with the store so pre is already 1 up on iphone. B*TCHES :P

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Wanna Introduce Yourself?! Click HERE

Need to flash a rom?
      stlouisfinest68 has a great video tutorial on how to do it, click HERE

Forum Rules: --> HERE
      Join A Group:--> HERE
      Learn To Get Around The Forum:--> HERE

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by VenumX
        i have customers tellin my iphone has OVER 60000 APPS all the time and i just look at them and im like...you're gonna put 60,000 apps on your iphone? They obviously say no and then im like well then why you need 60,000 apps if the 12 that you actually download are the ones on the palm pre store :) and also the iphone didnt ship with the store so pre is already 1 up on iphone. B*TCHES :P
        for sure venum and than they prolly look ast you with a blank face like damn i have nothing to come back on with that.

Comment

• ICEM/\N
          The Man with the Plan!
          • Apr 10

Originally posted by VenumX
          come on venum...I was with you until the app store shipping out with device part....I mean was there even any mobile device with a viable app store when Apple released theirs....lol...ahhhh noooo....I mean even verizon is creating their own app store for non smartphones...lol...after the apple app store came, blackberry, windows, pre....I mean the pre just came out after app stores showed by apple seemed to be a must for a smartphone to succeed at a great level as we can see by the sales of iphones...lol....so the last statement is not even relevant seeing as the iphone came out back in 2007 before an app store was almost a level of necessity which apple made it....I don't like to always stand up for apple lol...but I will always speak up if someone is making a comment that needs refuting...lol
          FOLLOW ME>>>>
          Subscribe to my channel>>>>
          CLICK HERE TO GO TO ICEM/\N's Youtube Channel
          HIT THAT REP/ THANKS BUTTON FOR USEFUL POSTS!
          IF YOU INSTALL ONE OF MY RELEASES PLEASE PRESS THE INSTALLED BUTTON!
          Forum Rules
          A Noob Guide
          Let ICEM/\N Mod your iPhone 3G
          Guide to install iPhone/iTouch Game & App Files

sigpic

Comment

Working...