X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdpiii3
    • Sep 11

[ ISSUE SOLVED ] PPC 6800 headphones help

Hey Dash Headphones were working fine on my phone with the 3.5 - usb adapter but after latest flash they stopped working.

The usb headphone that came with the phone still work, but are crap.
    the adapter for the headphones work in my wifes phone so the adapter isn't bad.

they worked with alltel original rom, & Kaos take 3

now with take 5 and alltel new rom they dont.
    what could be missing.

Hey I’m Joe from New Port Richey, Florida
    My phone: Alltel HTC PPC-6800 coolest program I have found would have to be: www.igolf.com
    My computers: 1. Asus Crosshair II motherboard, with AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400, SLI video w/2 PNY Nivda GTX 9800, 4 Seagate 1tb hard drives & 2. Asus Crosshair motherboard, with AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, SLI video w/2 PNY Nivda GTX 8800, 2 Seagate 1tb hard drives. 4 Westinghouse 26” Monitors
    3D benchmark: Box 1. 18754 / Box 2. 13240
    My rides: Chevy 2005 Silverado SS & Chevy 2002 Corvette Z06, wife drives a 2007 Chevy Tahoe

• D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: PPC 6800 headphones help

Originally posted by jdpiii3
    Hey Dash Headphones were working fine on my phone with the 3.5 - usb adapter but after latest flash they stopped working.

The usb headphone that came with the phone still work, but are crap.
    the adapter for the headphones work in my wifes phone so the adapter isn't bad.

they worked with alltel original rom, & Kaos take 3

now with take 5 and alltel new rom they dont.
    what could be missing.
    huh, did you hard reset and take the battery out ofr a minute after the flash? i know so weird things can happen if you dont hard reset after flashes on all devices.

Comment

• jdpiii3
      • Sep 11

Originally posted by D/\SH
      huh, did you hard reset and take the battery out ofr a minute after the flash? i know so weird things can happen if you dont hard reset after flashes on all devices.
      Yea did all of that, guess I need to make a trip to the Alltel store for repair. Hope I can just get a new phone

My phone: Alltel HTC PPC-6800 coolest program I have found would have to be: www.igolf.com
      My computers: 1. Asus Crosshair II motherboard, with AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400, SLI video w/2 PNY Nivda GTX 9800, 4 Seagate 1tb hard drives & 2. Asus Crosshair motherboard, with AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, SLI video w/2 PNY Nivda GTX 8800, 2 Seagate 1tb hard drives. 4 Westinghouse 26” Monitors
      My rides: Chevy 2005 Silverado SS & Chevy 2002 Corvette Z06, wife drives a 2007 Chevy Tahoe

Comment

• jdpiii3
        • Sep 11

Dash check this out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=376623
        I found this on XDA
        As promised, "FIXED THE AUDIO ADAPTER PROBLEM"
        Greetings all,
        Well here it is as promised, the fix for the dreaded audio adapter not working after upgradeio flash was of ROM. First of all, I upgraded my ROM and radio to DCD's newest 3.0.0 and radio, which fixed my SelectRadio issue where it dropped out, and looked at the RNC and discovered that it was as I suspected a timer value in the radio ROM was tweaked wrong causing the BER to run away and make the PPP session reinitialize very quickly or go dormant all together, but new radio fixed it. Still we had the audio adapter broken after upgrade issue, so here it is and how to fix it:

First, there is no 'electronics that you have to have' in the adapter as advertised. The problem was that a pin is wired differently in the ones that exibit the problem. The fix is as simple as clipping a wire ! Yep, thats right. Ok, with the connector of the adapter pointed at you, the curved part down, you will notice there are 6 pins on the lower edge. Numbered 1 thru 6 from left to right, pin 1 is unused, 2 is the tip of the 3.5mm jack, 3is unused, 4 & 5 are audio ground (sleve), 6 is the ring on the connector. On the stock adapter and the pigtail sound only adapters that do work properly this is how it is. The ones that mess up are a little different in that pin 1 is shorted to 4 & 5 which did not make a difference before, but really seems to upset any ROM based on 6.1. All you have to do is GENTLY cut the adapter and clip the wire going to pin 1 and all is good, no loss of any functio, it even still powers/charges as this is done by pins 1 & 5 on the top row. A tiny odity is that on some adapters the tip and ring are reversed resulting in left and right channels being reversed, but you can fix or ignore that at your leisure. ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Maybe a mod would make this easy to find or sticky it ??? I bet many people are wrestling with this easy to fix issue, I know it bugged the stew out of me til I just sat down and figured it out. Thanks for looking at my rant and being patient as I took a long time to follow thru with my promise.

Comment

• BiG JeW
          ADMIN-Watch what you say!
          • Feb 09

hey thanks for the update and mark this is as solved... at let dash decide if he wants to sticky this.. thanks for replying with a fix to share with us.
          NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
          LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
          LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
          IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU.......
          PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!!!

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by jdpiii3
            Dash check this out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=376623
            I found this on XDA
            As promised, "FIXED THE AUDIO ADAPTER PROBLEM"
            Greetings all,
            Well here it is as promised, the fix for the dreaded audio adapter not working after upgradeio flash was of ROM. First of all, I upgraded my ROM and radio to DCD's newest 3.0.0 and radio, which fixed my SelectRadio issue where it dropped out, and looked at the RNC and discovered that it was as I suspected a timer value in the radio ROM was tweaked wrong causing the BER to run away and make the PPP session reinitialize very quickly or go dormant all together, but new radio fixed it. Still we had the audio adapter broken after upgrade issue, so here it is and how to fix it:

First, there is no 'electronics that you have to have' in the adapter as advertised. The problem was that a pin is wired differently in the ones that exibit the problem. The fix is as simple as clipping a wire ! Yep, thats right. Ok, with the connector of the adapter pointed at you, the curved part down, you will notice there are 6 pins on the lower edge. Numbered 1 thru 6 from left to right, pin 1 is unused, 2 is the tip of the 3.5mm jack, 3is unused, 4 & 5 are audio ground (sleve), 6 is the ring on the connector. On the stock adapter and the pigtail sound only adapters that do work properly this is how it is. The ones that mess up are a little different in that pin 1 is shorted to 4 & 5 which did not make a difference before, but really seems to upset any ROM based on 6.1. All you have to do is GENTLY cut the adapter and clip the wire going to pin 1 and all is good, no loss of any functio, it even still powers/charges as this is done by pins 1 & 5 on the top row. A tiny odity is that on some adapters the tip and ring are reversed resulting in left and right channels being reversed, but you can fix or ignore that at your leisure. ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Maybe a mod would make this easy to find or sticky it ??? I bet many people are wrestling with this easy to fix issue, I know it bugged the stew out of me til I just sat down and figured it out. Thanks for looking at my rant and being patient as I took a long time to follow thru with my promise.
            glad that you got this all figured out and on the sticky i will have to check out the congestion and maby do some sprint cleaning so we dont get too packed with all the stickies.... glad this is solved for you though!!!

Comment

Working...