Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cuz215
    • May 02

Mogul to Touch Pro Transition

I just got the Touch Pro as a replacement for my Mogul from Sprint. I was looking over the Touch Pro and the only thing that seems different would be the TouchFlo 3D interface on the phone. Other than the interface, how much different from the Mogul is the Touch Pro software-wise. Will I still be able to search for and install various apps on the Touch Pro as I would on the Mogul, or would I need to have Touch Pro specific install files, if any? Also, how would the themes work for a Touch Pro? They don't deal with .tsk files? Also, is a Touch Pro able to run w/out the TouchFlo 3D on it?
  • TaylorSPJ
    Nickel Nickel NINE
    • Oct 17

Re: Mogul to Touch Pro Transition

Originally posted by cuz215
    I just got the Touch Pro as a replacement for my Mogul from Sprint. I was looking over the Touch Pro and the only thing that seems different would be the TouchFlo 3D interface on the phone. Other than the interface, how much different from the Mogul is the Touch Pro software-wise. Will I still be able to search for and install various apps on the Touch Pro as I would on the Mogul, or would I need to have Touch Pro specific install files, if any? Also, how would the themes work for a Touch Pro? They don't deal with .tsk files? Also, is a Touch Pro able to run w/out the TouchFlo 3D on it?
    ummm, there are a few major differences, one speed and memory....ram is vastly upgraded from the mogul, two you do have the tf3d interface now which is way better then 2d...yes you can use apps and themes only be sure you look out for the correct ones for your phone...your TP uses VGA...for apps and themes and such....just be aware and read all information provided on releases...and if it is not i'd suggest askin the author if it is compatiable with VGA devices.
    New to the site click here
    Need to learn to flash Rom's click here
    For all my Hacks, Cabs and Tweaks click here
    AND IF SOMEONE HAS HELPED YOU HIT DA THANKS BUTTON!!!

Comment

• 1mrlcb
      SPJ FREAKSTER!
      • Jun 30

It actially has a better vga screen more ram and smaller but some apps will work but not all because of the diffrent screen but try the apps because alot work and yes ou can turn off tf3d go into start/setting/today/items tab and disable it but for the tf3d themes you need something called Tf3d config tool to change themes but they are diffrent but without tf3d you can use tsk files
      Learn how to search CLICK HERE
      Learn how to flash roms CLICK HERE
      NOOB GUIDE please read before posting
      Cant view certain sections sign up for members software CLICK HERE

IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Sh0wNuF
        • Jul 09

yep taylor pretty much summed it up, just make sure you use vga themes, which will still .tsk files. Yes you can run the touch pro w/out TouchFlo and the home screen will be basically the same one as the mogul. Just go into settings, click today and then you can enable the plugins, same as the mogul
        sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

how did everyone forget about the 5 row qwerty and the processor :>

Comment

• Sh0wNuF
            • Jul 09

We true junkies never forget about all the aspects of our sweet ass phones :PDT_Armataz_45:, but i thought he was just askin about the themes and programs he could run
            sigpic

Comment

• PHE-NOM
              Creativity Unleashed
              • Oct 14

Originally posted by D/\SH
              how did everyone forget about the 5 row qwerty and the processor :>
              wait wait wait, i knew of the 5 row qwerty, but whats with the possessor? enlighten me..
              sigpic

NEW TO SPJ? CLICK HERE

NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FLASH? CLICK HERE

QUIERES SABER COMO DESBLOQUEAR Y FLASHAR TU TELEFONO? PRESIONA AQUI
              TIENES PREGUNTAS SOBRE APPLICACIONES O TEMAS, PERO NO SABES HABLAR INGLES? PRESIONA AQUI

Comment

• crazaytalent
                • Aug 20

Damn this thread was just dropped and everyone leeped on it... there is nothing else to say, everyone's said it... these are all pretty common knowledge here... I suggest that, u spend a lil time experiment and playing around with your phonebefore makin hugely drastic mods and changes, so you can see the obvious for yourself man... after a lil time handling it on a user level you'd be able to notice the difference on your own... an will probably be surprised how ridiculous this thread is...lol... kiddin... its good to ask questions; thats how we learn!
                New to SPJ? Check the n00b guide...Learning to search? Quick tips
                Need to navigate the site? Take the SPJ Tour
                How to install TF3D themes? Here!!...Looking to flash your device? SEE ME

sigpic

HIT THAT THANKS/REP BUTTON FOR ALL HELPFUL POSTS!!

Comment

• TaylorSPJ
                  Nickel Nickel NINE
                  • Oct 17

Originally posted by josamu
                  wait wait wait, i knew of the 5 row qwerty, but whats with the possessor? enlighten me..
                  ummm it has a faster one...lol
                  New to the site click here
                  Need to learn to flash Rom's click here
                  For all my Hacks, Cabs and Tweaks click here
                  AND IF SOMEONE HAS HELPED YOU HIT DA THANKS BUTTON!!!

Comment

• Sh0wNuF
                    • Jul 09

yeah its definitely faster with more memory. The mogul has 64 MB of RAM and a 400 MHz processor while the touch pro has 288 MB of Ram and a 528 MHz processor.
                    sigpic

Comment

• PHE-NOM
                      Creativity Unleashed
                      • Oct 14

Originally posted by crazaytalent
                      Damn this thread was just dropped and everyone leeped on it... there is nothing else to say, everyone's said it... these are all pretty common knowledge here... I suggest that, u spend a lil time experiment and playing around with your phonebefore makin hugely drastic mods and changes, so you can see the obvious for yourself man... after a lil time handling it on a user level you'd be able to notice the difference on your own... an will probably be surprised how ridiculous this thread is...lol... kiddin... its good to ask questions; thats how we learn!
                      smart ass ha ha ha ha, okay no more question until i get it, promise, ha ha ha
                      sigpic

NEW TO SPJ? CLICK HERE

TIENES PREGUNTAS SOBRE APPLICACIONES O TEMAS, PERO NO SABES HABLAR INGLES? PRESIONA AQUI

Comment

• cuz215
                        • May 02

Thanks for all the insight guys. And yeah, after messing around with the phone I realized is almost the exact same thing, interface wise, as the mogul. One thing I want to know is unlocking the phone. I assume I need to unlock the phone to be able to do any real changes such as program install and removal, reg edit, ect.... I want to know if the unlocker i used for the mogul would work for the Touch Pro?

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

Thanks for all the insight guys. And yeah, after messing around with the phone I realized is almost the exact same thing, interface wise, as the mogul. One thing I want to know is unlocking the phone. I assume I need to unlock the phone to be able to do any real changes such as program install and removal, reg edit, ect.... I want to know if the unlocker i used for the mogul would work for the Touch Pro?
                          no you cant and dude seriously get the damn mogul out of your mind...... nothing for the mogul for the most part will work on the touch pro. you will need vga apps and not qvga apps. (same goes for games) you will also need the touch pro hardspl to be able to flash the phone like you did with the mogul... you will be able to do registry and all without unlocking since unlocking only unlocks the bootloader so you can flash other roms to it.... so get the mogul out of your head since these phones are two different beasts.

Comment

• PHE-NOM
                            Creativity Unleashed
                            • Oct 14

Originally posted by D/\SH
                            no you cant and dude seriously get the damn mogul out of your mind...... nothing for the mogul for the most part will work on the touch pro. you will need vga apps and not qvga apps. (same goes for games) you will also need the touch pro hardspl to be able to flash the phone like you did with the mogul... you will be able to do registry and all without unlocking since unlocking only unlocks the bootloader so you can flash other roms to it.... so get the mogul out of your head since these phones are two different beasts.
                            ha ha ha, yes get the mogul out of your head like me and put it in that send back package!!!!! good bye mogul, HELLOOOO PRO!
                            sigpic

NEW TO SPJ? CLICK HERE

Comment

• cuz215
                              • May 02

Ok forgetting the mogul. I was trying to install Skyfire though, and I'm getting "installation unsuccessful" errors when i try. I Checked at the Skyfire site, and I tried it with a fresh download of the .cab for Windows Mobile 5 or 6 touchscreen, and I"m still getting the error. Am I missing something to be able to do this install? Of is skyfire not going to be able to work on the Touch Pro?

Comment

Working...