Official Vogue/Touch rom 3.03.651.4_2 for CDMA versions ONLY

this is a merge from another post

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com
  • BiG JeW
    ADMIN-Watch what you say!
    • Feb 09

Well looks like its out and its finally here vogue users!!!! Its posted on the HTC site and u can get the rom thru the link I posted and thru the rapidshare link I added aswell....

Need to know:
    -If you have unlocked your device to run custom roms: You CAN simply just flash over to this rom!!!!
    -If you have the stock rom ON your device that it came with: You DONT need to unlock so you CAN simply just flash over being this is a CUSTOM rom!!!!
    -CDMA users ONLY!!!!!!
    If you have a carrier BESIDES sprint please DONT LET THE CUSTOMIZATIONS BEGIN...AS SOON AS YOU SEE THE COUNTDOWN JUST SOFT RESET

Why update the ROM on your device?

The software upgrade posted below provides several key enhancements for your Touch:

1. Upgrades the operating system from Windows Mobile® 6.0 Professional to Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
    2. EV-DO Rev. A functionality for faster download and upload speeds when utilizing data services wherever EV-DO Rev. A coverage is available.
    3. Advanced GPS functionality including the Sprint Navigation application.
    4. Adds the Opera browser.
    5. Adds a full Qwerty on-screen key Qwerty keyboard

Please read the following important notes before starting the upgrade:

Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version and your device is operating normally, there is no need to reload the software. To determine what version is running on your device, refer to the image on the left (the newest version is pictured) and note the ROM version and Radio version. Next, go to Start > Settings > System Tab > Device Information on your device. If your ROM and Radio versions are different than what is pictured at left or the ROM Date is older, you should upgrade.

Screenie:

Before you run the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), make sure you check and do the following first:
    1. If you are having challenges connecting with ActiveSync, please try the following on your device: Start > Settings > Connection Tab > USB to PC and de-select Enable advanced network functionality.
    2. The standby and hibernation modes are disabled on the computer. Click here to view instructions on how to do this. If using a laptop, make sure your laptop is plugged into a power source.
    3. All running applications on the computer have been closed.
    4. Ensure that your device has a battery level of at least 50% (Start > Settings > System Tab > Power > Battery Tab). If the battery "dies" during the upgrade process, there is a chance that it will not recover and will need to be sent for repairs.
    5. The update can take up to 25 minutes so set aside time when you will not be interrupted.
    6. All data will be deleted from the device during the upgrade (music, pictures, 3rd party applications, etc); be sure to back up all of your data using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista) prior to upgrading. Click here to view detailed instructions on backing up your data using ActiveSync.
    7. Do not interrupt the upgrade process or press any buttons until the process has been completed (the device will reset itself when the update is done).

General Procedure on Installing the ROM Update:
    1. Back up your personal data from the Mobile Device to your computer using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista) if you want to ensure you don't lose any of your data. Click here to view detailed instructions on backing up your data using ActiveSync.
    2. On your computer, run the ROM Update Utility (RUU) to install the ROM update to your Mobile Device. Click here to view detailed instructions on installing the ROM update.
    3. Restore your personal data back to your Mobile Device using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista). (Optional) Click here to view detailed instructions on restoring your data using ActiveSync.

WARNING: During the upgrade process, do not attempt to make/receive calls, press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this will stop the update and your device will be rendered inoperable!!!

AFTER FLASHING THIS ROM
    PLEASE TURN OFF DEVICE,TAKE BATTERY OUT, AND HARD RESET....PLEASE TURN OFF DEVICE,TAKE BATTERY OUT,AND HARD RESET

Links:
    http://www.htc.com/us/faq_detail.aspx?p_id=76&act=sd
    Mirror:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/130686364/RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2_Radio_3.42. 30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe
    Disclaimer Please Read:

Welcome! By using our forum, you agree to the following terms and conditions, and any policies, guidelines or amendments thereto that may be presented to you from time to time (collectively, the "Terms of Service"). We may update the Terms of Service in the future, and you will be able to find the most current version of this agreement on our website.

The creator of this page bears no responsibility for the way you use the information provided on this site.
    The content of this site is here for private purposes only and should NOT be downloaded whatsoever.
    If you are affiliated with any government, or ANTI-Piracy group, or any other related group or were formally a worker of one, you can NOT enter this web site, can not access any of its files and you can not view any of the HTML files.

All the objects on this site are PRIVATE property and are not meant for viewing or any other purposes other than bandwidth space.

DO NOT ENTER!

If you enter this site you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that means that you can NOT threaten any person(s) or company storing these files, can not prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page which includes family, friends or individuals who run or enter this web site. The owner of the site bears no responsibility for any statements, links or files placed on this forum by its users.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Term Of Service:

The owners of smartphonejunkie ("WE", "US" OR "OUR") make this website (THE "SITE" OR THE "FORUM") available to you subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this legal agreement (THE "TERMS"). By browsing, using and/or registering with the Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms which we reserve the right to change at anytime by modifying this Notice. You are responsible for periodically visiting these Terms as your continued use of the Site indicates your acceptance of the then-current Terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.

PUBLIC DOMAIN

You acknowledge that any content or material that you post or distribute on the Forum becomes public information and not confidential. As such, this information or material may be freely used, copied and distributed, in any form, by anyone without your permission. In addition you agree not to post or distribute any information or material that is copyrighted by any third party without the express written consent of such party, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any claim arising out of or relating to your violation of this provision.

POSTING CONDUCT

By becoming a Forum member, you further agree to comply with the posting rules HERE.

Due to the real-time nature of the Forum, we cannot actively screen or monitor content and we are not obligated to do so, however, we reserve the right to edit or remove any content at anytime, without notice or explanation and in our sole discretion. You must also acknowledge that we cannot respond immediately to every notification of a member allegedly violating our rules and that some time may pass before and if we determine that further action is warranted at our sole discretion.

THIRD PARTY LINKS

We cannot be responsible or assume any liability for the contents of any third party web sites accessed through links from or to our Site. These links do not imply our endorsement or affiliation, are for convenience only and must be used at your sole risk.

SERVICE MODIFICATIONS

We may change, discontinue, limit or temporarily disable any aspect, feature or content of the Forum at any time without notice or liability.

ADVERTISEMENTS

We cannot and do not assume responsibility, and expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, consequential, or incidental damages arising from any interactions or transactions between you and merchants or sellers found on our Site. We make no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy of the content of any form of advertisement on our Site, including, but not limited to banner ads, Marketplace or Buy Sell Trade posts or for any information on merchant or any third party sites linked from or to our Site. All responsibility of order processing, billing, fulfillment and customer service rests solely on the merchant or seller.

If you post advertising or promotions for your company or a company you work for or pose as a consumer discussing your business, you will be charged for advertising on our Site and hereby agree to pay in full and advertising fee will be discussed.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

The Forum is provided on an "as-is" basis without warranties of any kind, expressed or implied. Your use of the information contained within the Forum is at your sole risk. We cannot and do not assume responsibility, and expressly disclaims all liability, for the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, completeness, safety, timeliness, legality or applicability of any material posted or otherwise transmitted by Forum users, and neither do we endorse opinions expressed by any users. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL WE BE MADE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF THEY ARE FORESEEABLE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRIVACY POLICY

AGE RESTRICTION

In compliance with The Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we request that children under the age of 13 have the consent of a parent or guardian in order to register as a member on the Forum.

WEBSITE TRAFFIC AND ANALYSIS

We do not keep track of where you personally visit on our Site, however, we do monitor how members use our Site on an anonymous, aggregated basis. This information helps us improve the Site's delivery of information.

SHARING OF INFORMATION

We do not sell, rent or exchange any personal account information to any third party.

LEGAL DISCLOSURE

We will not release your account information unless we are required by law to do so, such as by court order.

POLICY CHANGES AND ACCEPTANCE

Changes to the Privacy Policy will be made in this Notice. Your use of the Site signify s your agreement to the current Policy.

(This policy was written with the assistance of the local lawyer and approved for smartphonejunkie)

Re: Official Vogue/Touch rom 3.03.651.4_2 for CDMA versions ONLY

Originally posted by 770323043
    Ok thats what I thought because I am running this ROM right now.. Working well so far except I cannot for the life of me get a GPS lock with Live Search or Google Maps although I did get it once after I soft reset after flashing but otherwise I cannot get a lock and its really irritating .
    did you take the battery out and hard reset after flash? this will have gps built in and what are your gps baud rates and such set at?

I'm going to download this ROM. Is it working well?

its a stock rom from sprint..... just like any other stock... bloated with the carriers apps in this case sprint and not as clean or fast as a custom cooked rom. also this is goign to have the basic layout while custom roms have many different user interfacesv that can be included.
    Re: Looks like the real Official rom is out for the vogue rom 3.03.651.4

Installing right now! I have one report on PPCGeeks that it worked perfectly and hes testing now
    I will report back once the installation is done too

going to flash after class

Dling it NOW! Thanks! Flashing tonight!

here is some updates posted by boogsie at ppcgeeks letting us know there is differences between this rom and dcd "official"rom form july 10th:

I compared the last two RUU_WWE's and while the 2.nbh file did change, everything else was the same.

I compared the contents of the 2.nbh files and the changes apperar to be very, very minor.

SYS folder is identical (binary comparison) except for \Metadata\default.hv
    OEMDrivers folder is identical except for a single DSM file and the corresponding RGU file. The difference in the RGU file was one single line: "ROMVersion"="3.03.651.6" This, in contrast to the filename and the update screen, which both include: "3.03.651.4"

One difference that does draw my attention is that the PPST CAB files have the same names (PPST_08516_7500_SPCS_2.04.sa.CAB) but the files are different and the file contents are quite a bit different.

Other than these items, the differences seem to be limited to the way that the released build was packaged ...

For example, the last leaked build had nested in the OEM\OperatorPKG\Hidden.cab file, another cab file that included "Telus_NIM" which is not present in today's released build.

Best regards,
    -boggsie

Posted via Mobile Device

well what does that mean? lol

Originally posted by dette
    Posted via Mobile Device

according to translations and testimony by our fellow ppcgeeks, it means this rom is the official with the problems that the one before this rom had, has been worked out

Originally posted by broSki
    according to translations and testimony by our fellow ppcgeeks, it means this rom is the official with the problems that the one before this rom had, has been worked out
    Ok thats what I thought because I am running this ROM right now.. Working well so far except I cannot for the life of me get a GPS lock with Live Search or Google Maps although I did get it once after I soft reset after flashing but otherwise I cannot get a lock and its really irritating .

did u take take the battery out,then hard reset after u flashed??? and remember this rom isnt really to be out until the 21st so maybe alt of the services arent up yet and maybe the 21st everything will work smoothly....

Ok so my rom version is 3.03.651.2 should I upgrade or does it really matter????

I CAN CONFIRM! Sprint NAV and Sprint TV WM6.1 OFFICIAL! FLASHED and RUNNING IT NOW! Nice improvements!

So far wait cursors aren't working on this ROM. Ill post in here and edit my post as, I get issues with other apps.

i wonder why htc removed the rom already from their website?

Originally posted by bondsingh
    becasue they made a mistake since sprint tech support isnt working on the weekends they dont want to get flooded with calls so they are going to make the release in monday like they always do which will be the 21st.

Originally posted by BiG JeW
    So far wait cursors aren't working on this ROM. Ill post in here and edit my post as, I get issues with other apps.
    I havent gotten that issue ... or maybe I have and havent noticed it? lol the only issue I had was GPS not working.. I had to go into my Location settings and click off and then on and now it works
    other then that I am great with this ROM!

did you take the battery out and hard reset after flash? this will have gps built in and what are your gps baud rates and such set at?

I'm going to download this ROM. Is it working well?

its a stock rom from sprint..... just like any other stock... bloated with the carriers apps in this case sprint and not as clean or fast as a custom cooked rom. also this is goign to have the basic layout while custom roms have many different user interfacesv that can be included.

Installing right now! I have one report on PPCGeeks that it worked perfectly and hes testing now
    I will report back once the installation is done too

going to flash after class

Dling it NOW! Thanks! Flashing tonight!

here is some updates posted by boogsie at ppcgeeks letting us know there is differences between this rom and dcd "official"rom form july 10th:

I compared the last two RUU_WWE's and while the 2.nbh file did change, everything else was the same.

I compared the contents of the 2.nbh files and the changes apperar to be very, very minor.

SYS folder is identical (binary comparison) except for \Metadata\default.hv
    OEMDrivers folder is identical except for a single DSM file and the corresponding RGU file. The difference in the RGU file was one single line: "ROMVersion"="3.03.651.6" This, in contrast to the filename and the update screen, which both include: "3.03.651.4"

One difference that does draw my attention is that the PPST CAB files have the same names (PPST_08516_7500_SPCS_2.04.sa.CAB) but the files are different and the file contents are quite a bit different.

Other than these items, the differences seem to be limited to the way that the released build was packaged ...

For example, the last leaked build had nested in the OEM\OperatorPKG\Hidden.cab file, another cab file that included "Telus_NIM" which is not present in today's released build.

Best regards,
    -boggsie

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

Originally posted by broSki

did u take take the battery out,then hard reset after u flashed??? and remember this rom isnt really to be out until the 21st so maybe alt of the services arent up yet and maybe the 21st everything will work smoothly....

Ok so my rom version is 3.03.651.2 should I upgrade or does it really matter????

I CAN CONFIRM! Sprint NAV and Sprint TV WM6.1 OFFICIAL! FLASHED and RUNNING IT NOW! Nice improvements!

Originally posted by bondsingh
    becasue they made a mistake since sprint tech support isnt working on the weekends they dont want to get flooded with calls so they are going to make the release in monday like they always do which will be the 21st.

I havent gotten that issue ... or maybe I have and havent noticed it? lol the only issue I had was GPS not working.. I had to go into my Location settings and click off and then on and now it works
    other then that I am great with this ROM!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by puertoblack2003; November 28, 2023, 08:27 AM.
    NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
    IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU.......
    PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!!!

Comment

• TweetyBear
      TweetyBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Re: Official Vogue/Touch rom 3036514_2 for CDMA versions ONLY

THIS IS FOR THE VOGUE/TOUCH AS THE TITLE STATES... not the diamond and not the touch pro.
      people don't wanna read, that's the problem. the answer is right there in their faces but just too lazy to read.

770323043 commented
      Editing a comment

• GokuSS3
      GokuSS3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Re Official Vogue/Touch rom 3036514_2 for CDMA versions ONLY

If i am not mistaken you need to flash a gps enabled rom , go down into my Sig an read how to flash a rom.
Working...