Complete Competition Memphis Set (competition)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Complete Competition Memphis Set (competition)

had these in my fun car for a while and took them out when i got my BMW. but anyways these are great subs that i have maxed at 170db during a competition in a 2001 dodge stratus r/t. these subs are no joke and i have 2 of them in a custom box made by memphis audio themselves. for those of you that dont know about memphos audio, they have been around for over 40 years and only rockford fosgate has been around longer. memphis audio only sells competition subs in their line. these subs have brand new voice coils and cones the day i took them out since they offer free repairs and i wanted the buyer to be able to break them in the way that they listen to music so they get he best sound available out of the woofers. the box itslf is a 600 dollar box made specifically for a competition meaning that the box is built to get the deepest and clearest base out of the subs. as you can see in the pictures these memphis M3 15 inch subwoofers are beasts and well kept up. the amp is a great amp with some scratches but still performs great. (stats below) the amp is made for running these two subs and has many things that you can tweak to make the subs sound the way that you want it to. all the power wire, signal wire, ground wire, 200 amp power breaker, and all other wires that will be needed for an easy install without having to go to the stoere and pick some up (which isnt cheap) here is a link for the same amp on ebay as you can tell by the picture showing the price for a new one online also.... i can get shipping for a very fair price if sold out of state and guarntee them to work great and not be DOA. all i would need is your address so i can tell you an exact price on the shipping to you. i am looking to get 600 bucks for the whole deal + shipping but the price can be negotiable and i will also entertain all trade offers for this system.

the sony deck will be sold seperate from the rest. heres a listing on ebay for the cd player that also works great and never gave me any troubles. i no longer need the head unit since i upgraded to a dvd/tv system through alpine. the model # is CDX-GT300.
    heres the link to the auction for anopther used one and they seem to be going around 40 bucks or so. i will sell the deck for 40 shipped to your door priority and insured.
    Code:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CDX-GT300-Car-CD-MP3-Player-Used-Works-perfectly_W0QQitemZ180334434843QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers?hash=item180334434843&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1462|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
    (the stats for the cd player are also below. )

Code:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MEMPHIS-MCD1000-Class-D-1100x1-Car-Audio-Amp-MCD-1000_W0QQitemZ110357534394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item110357534394&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1462|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
    and heres a listing for the subs.
    Code:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Memphis-Audio-M3-Subs-Dual-2ohm-15s-NIB-Super-Deal_W0QQitemZ300298075031QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item300298075031&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1462|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
    SUB FEATURES
    Product Features:
    High-density foam surround
    Keeps the cone linear
    Kevlar® reinforced paper cone
    Strong and lightweight for high efficiency
    Custom-cast vented "M" Basket
    Provides the platform for high excursion and cools the voice coil for better power handling
    2.5" Black Anodized Aluminum Voice Coil Former
    Bolt-through modular motor
    Easily removed for repair
    Dual 4 ohm voice coils
    For the most versatile amplifier applications, 4 layers on 2.5" black aluminum former
    Orange finish

RMS/Peak (W) 400/800
    Sensitivity (dB) 91.00
    Magnet SIze (oz) 85
    Mounting Depth (in) 7.5

AMP Features (MEMPHIS MCD1000 Class D 1100x1 Car Audio Amp MCD 1000)

Retail Price: $749.99

Description:

Built-In Fully Variable Low Pass Crossover
    User Selectable 12dB or 18dB Per Octave Crossover Slope
    Built In Fully Variable Sub-Sonic Filter
    Platinum Finish Wire Connections
    Accepts 4 Gauge Power and Ground Wire
    Optional Wired Remote Gain Control
    Class D Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier
    Compact Aluminum Chassis with Custon Black Pearl Finish
    RCA Outputs: 1 Pair
    Gold Plated RCA Connectors
    Full MOSFET Design
    Built-In Fully Variable Low Pass Filter: 50 - 250 Hz
    18dB Per Octave Crossover Slope
    Built In Fully Variable Sub-Sonic Filter: 20 - 50 Hz
    Platinum Finish Wire Connections
    Accepts 4 Gauge Power and Ground Wire
    Optional Wired Remote Gain Control
    Adjustable Input Sensitivity: 200mV - 4V
    Dimensions: 15.75" L x 7.6" W x 2.4" H
    Number of Channels 1 - Mono
    RMS Power (4 ohms) 300 watts x 1 chan.
    RMS Power (2 ohms) 600 watts x 1 chan.
    RMS Power (1 ohm) 1100 watts x 1 chan.
    Bridged RMS Power Not Bridgeable
    Peak Power Output 2200 watts approx.
    Min. Impedance Unbridged 1 ohm
    THD @ Rated RMS Power 0.75%
    Amp Preamp Outputs Yes - 1 Pair
    Built-in Crossover LP (50 - 250 Hz), Subsonic (20 - 50 Hz)
    Signal-to-Noise Ratio 95 dB
    Fuse Rating 40A x 2

cd player features
    Sony 52W x 4 Satellite Radio-Ready CD Deck with MP3 and ATRAC3plus Playback

Features
    4 x 50 W S-MOSFET power output
    MP3 / WMA / ATRAC playback
    Front Auxiliary Input
    24-bit DAC (Digital / Analog Converter)
    EQ3 (3 Band Equalizer)

Details
    Model: GT300
    form factor: In-dash unit
    enclosure: Full-DIN
    audio output mode: Stereo
    faceplate type: Detachable
    equalizer: Yes
    equalizer band quantity: 3 bands
    maximum output power: 50 Watts x 4
    Output Wattage: 200
    radio bands supported: AM/FM
    cd system type: CD / MP3 player

Dimensions
    Width: 7 inches
    Depth: 7.1 inches
    Height: 2 inches
  • puertoblack2003
    OG Member
    • Nov 08

Re: Complete Competition Memphis Set (competition)

wow i still have mines back in the youngin days... net value worth 5,000 ....hahahah i used to wake up the dead with my system...good luck bro

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by cOderz
      wow i still have mines back in the youngin days... net value worth 5,000 ....hahahah i used to wake up the dead with my system...good luck bro
      hahahhaah this puppy will do the same also and thanks for the bump and the words...... i love shaking windows and all that good stuff..... the employees i worked with back when i ran this would hear me coming from 2 minutes away soo they knew if i was running late i would be there soon hahaha

Comment

• puertoblack2003
        OG Member
        • Nov 08

Originally posted by D/\SH
        hahahhaah this puppy will do the same also and thanks for the bump and the words...... i love shaking windows and all that good stuff..... the employees i worked with back when i ran this would hear me coming from 2 minutes away soo they knew if i was running late i would be there soon hahaha

lol...i remember my neighbor block party's...lol i had to buy 4 small portable fans to cool off the amps

SPJ Bulletin @

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

lol...i remember my neighbor block party's...lol i had to buy 4 small portable fans to cool off the amps
          hahahahha word i have the built in fans on the amp and all.... so that kept me covered but hell post some pics up and what kind of woofers are they?

Comment

• 1mrlcb
            SPJ FREAKSTER!
            • Jun 30

Just if i had my car i would take these off your hands quick!
            Learn how to search CLICK HERE
            Learn how to flash roms CLICK HERE
            NOOB GUIDE please read before posting
            Cant view certain sections sign up for members software CLICK HERE

IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!!
            sigpic

Comment

• puertoblack2003
              OG Member
              • Nov 08

hahahahha word i have the built in fans on the amp and all.... so that kept me covered but hell post some pics up and what kind of woofers are they?
              2 - 12 inches pioneers bass box and 10- 6x9's pioneers for my highs...

SPJ Bulletin @

Comment

• D/\SH
                Owner - Staff
                • Feb 07

2 - 12 inches pioneers bass box and 10- 6x9's pioneers for my highs...
                hahahaha very nice, the old school pioneer stuf was some of the best that they have ever sold.... they are starting to go back to their roots and make the hard hitting subs again but they are charging wayyyyy to much for them now-a-days.

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                  OG Member
                  • Nov 08

hahahaha very nice, the old school pioneer stuf was some of the best that they have ever sold.... they are starting to go back to their roots and make the hard hitting subs again but they are charging wayyyyy to much for them now-a-days.
                  yea i was always a pioneer guy even my radio was pioneer...but the bass that was smacking thru does sub was so strong, to secure it so it wont ripe, i had to use the black silicone so it wont tear up from the ridges.lol...

SPJ Bulletin @

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

bump bump bump....

Comment

• Moebius
                      • Jun 28

Wow, flashback for yours truly, back when I was a wee youngin' doing competition setups. Last one we did was late 80s or early 90s (can't remember), about the time Fosgate came out with the Punch amp that was stable down to like .5 ohm. We used two Punch 45s, one for subs one for everything else. Trick was, we crossed the subs (mtx blue thunder) when wiring so that we ended up at about 1 ohm resistance. Car was in the 100 watt and under class, but was cranking the equivalent of about 800 watts.

This was far enough back that you still had 2 main competition circuits. IASCA and I think is was USAC. USAC was all about the boom, I think 90% of the score was SPL. IASCA actually judged more on sound quality but I see they do all the SPL stuff now too. Part of it was because I listen to everything from Mozart to Metallica (or ACDC to Zimbalist). I wanted a system that could knock the windows out if I wanted, but could also play a classical concerto with a proper front stage and tonal quality. Spoiled, I know... :)
                      Remember, no matter where you go....you're not where you were any more.

Comment

• xxdbkxx
                        • Mar 08

D/\SH....if ya still have the head unit next week (after payday), I'll prolly scoop that up from ya....need something to replace the base model POS in my boat. That'll work PERFECTLY as I'm building the system up in it.

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

Originally posted by xxdbkxx
                          D/\SH....if ya still have the head unit next week (after payday), I'll prolly scoop that up from ya....need something to replace the base model POS in my boat. That'll work PERFECTLY as I'm building the system up in it.
                          aight just let me know

Comment

• D/\SH
                            Owner - Staff
                            • Feb 07

bump bump.... no trades or the cheap price?

Comment

• xxdbkxx
                              • Mar 08

Alright D/\SH.....I'll take the head unit if you still have it.

Comment

Working...