X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

[FREEWARE] {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help}

This should work on any Verizon winmo device with ANY ROM......

i have had problems with MMS from the start on Juicy and Energy ROM's.

from what i understand using HTC messaging, which is accessed from text tab on Sense, will not work for MMS. BUT you do not have to disable. simply slide to mail tab in Sense and goto all messages and slide left or right to SMS/MMS. From there you can receive your pic messages. i can live with that personally, although it would be nice to have through Sense.....

fyi - sense is aka manila aka tf3d

so when i first flashed the Juicy or Energy ROM here is what i did to get it working on my Verizon touch pro2
    - make sure arcsoft software is installed. do this by going to mail tab in sense.....all messages....and slide left or right....if you dont see a sms/mms it is not installed. i have attached arcsoft
    *Note - arcsoft might be Hiding!!! if you have installed arcsoft and you still cant access by the way i described above then you need to make this registry change
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts]
    Rename SMS to SMS.htc

- after that is installed you will need the correct registry settings. i have attached the cab for verizon settings. all this does is tell acrsoft software the mms server/file size/port/etc......(note- not sure why cab says m2.1? i guess its referring to manila 2.1, but its working on 2.5)

again, these are the steps i have been taking to get mms working on my verizon touch pro 2.

the main thing to remember is you cant get mms through HTC sense sms/mms.... HAVE TO USE WINDOWS MMS TO SEND RECEIVE MMS
    You can still you text through sense Text Though......

:bigsmurf:

originally found here:
    Code:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100004
    Attached Files
  • eric922
    • Dec 29

Re: {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help}

how do i get the joojoobee file on my phone

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Re: {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help}

Originally posted by eric922
      how do i get the joojoobee file on my phone
      its a cab file, install it by dragging the cab to your phone through activesync or mobile device center depending on whether your xp or vista/7. than you navigate to that area wehre you placed through file explorer and than double click and install to device. i would suggest that you take a look at my signature below by clicking the see signature in the lower left. good luck

Comment

Working...