• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CYBER WEESJE
    • Mar 27

[RELEASE] FindMyCar v100 (Freeware

FindMyCar v1.00 (Freeware)
    Requirements: PPC WM5, WM6 - GPS
    Overview: Find your parked car automatically with FindMyCar!
    [break]
    FindMyCar runs in the background and uses the GPS to estimate where you last parked your car.
    The GPS is activated mainly when connected to a car charger to eliminate battery drain. Once FindMyCar succeeded in estimating your car's position, you can click the car icon. A Google map will show up (for that an internet connection is needed). On the map you will see a red balloon indicating your car's location and a blue balloon indicating your current location (if available).

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
    Your speed is displayed in Windows mobile today screen. (There is a little lag, will try to fix it later). GPS is kept "hot" when connected to the car charger - meaning that you get immediate fix when launching navigation software or any other software that uses the GPS. You can now see the time that has elapsed since you last parked.

REQUIREMENTS
    - Devices running Windows Mobile 5 or later (touch screen).
    - Internal GPS.
    - Car charger.
    - Microsoft Compact Framework 3.5

INSTALLATION PROCESS
    Install FindMyCar cab file to the device memory (not to storage card).
    Run FindMyCar from the programs list.

BRIEF USER GUIDE
    To find where you last parked your car, click on FindMyCar Today Screen item, or on FindMyCar task bar icon at the bottom of the screen. A FindMyCar window will appear. Click on the FindMyCar car icon (in the middle). Your car's location (red balloon) and your location (blue balloon - if GPS signal is available) will appear on a Google map. Click the ‘X’ icon to bring FindMyCar back to the background. You may kill FindMyCar temporarily (till next device reset) by clicking "kill" in the settings window. You can remove it totally simply by uninstalling the application.

FindMyCar uses a virtual GPS port meaning that other applications can access the GPS at the same time, however there might be older navigation software that do not work in this mode. You can try to do a GPS port re-search in your navigation software or kill FindMyCar :(

Made by: ishimoto

More Info
    Code:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=589756
    Download Instructions
    Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14OVWOUC
    GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
    SENIOR ADMIIN@SPJ HIT THANKS ON THE WAY OUT
    video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
    NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
    TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
    sigpic
  • montez25
    • Jun 23

Re: FindMyCar v100 (Freeware

haha! this is so cool. going to install in my wife's phone. she'll love it.
    that's just what i do!!!

Comment

• tek
      • Nov 26

this app was one of the reasons I want a android phone. Nice! what if your phone doesnt need to be charged though. Is there a option to just simply press "mark car" or something. I guess i could always plug it in and unplug it again. Thanks. Once again Cyber comes through

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by tek
        this app was one of the reasons I want a android phone. Nice! what if your phone doesnt need to be charged though. Is there a option to just simply press "mark car" or something. I guess i could always plug it in and unplug it again. Thanks. Once again Cyber comes through
        well if your using gps the charge will charge what you are quickly burning in the process..... not going to hurt it.... and if you have a high line car charger not a fleabay special or anything it has the auto shut off when the battery is completely charged....

Comment

• tek
          • Nov 26

I had a best Buy one Dash. $25 bucks. Half the time my motoQ wouldnt show it was charging. I brought it back and bought one from the sprint store for $40 but it doest shut off when fully charged. But its like 3 yrs old.

But now on to this APPLICATION. HORRIBLE!!! omg!! Check this out. I installed Opman, S2U2 and this application. The next morning. Saturday, I unplugged my phone. 100% charge. 20min later I turned on the screen and it was at 80%. I was like wtf!! I thought maybe S2U2 was showing it wrong some how. but went into setting and sure enough. 80%

Put the phone on charger while getting ready, Left about 30min later, plugged phone right into my car charger, took a 40min drive to Disney. Perfect time to use this application. Checked phone before i unplugged it, 100% 12:20pm
          2 hours later i checked and 50% battery at 2:30pm!!!!!!!!!! Yes!! just 2 hours and my battery was half way dead.
          by 4pm my phone would of been totally dead.
          I uninstalled Opman, S2U2 and Find my Car. Only because I didnt think at first it was Find My Car, because when i woke up Saturday morning I thought i had to activate Find my Car, I didnt think it was running. I thought i closed it out. I really didnt think S2U2 would actually kill a battery that fast though. So the last 3 days I been running S2U2 and my phone has been going more then a day with out needing a charge. So its def not S2U2, and i seriously doubt its OPman. Which only leaves Find My Car.

and no its def not my battery. After I uninstalled everything at 2:30pm my phone stayed at 50% till 9pm when i left Disney. PLus as i stated it works fine now without the app installed.

Thought I would warn everyone ahead of time. I would love to hear comments from anyone else who has used this.

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
            • Mar 27

Re FindMyCar v100 (Freeware

Originally posted by tek
            I had a best Buy one Dash. $25 bucks. Half the time my motoQ wouldnt show it was charging. I brought it back and bought one from the sprint store for $40 but it doest shut off when fully charged. But its like 3 yrs old.

But now on to this APPLICATION. HORRIBLE!!! omg!! Check this out. I installed Opman, S2U2 and this application. The next morning. Saturday, I unplugged my phone. 100% charge. 20min later I turned on the screen and it was at 80%. I was like wtf!! I thought maybe S2U2 was showing it wrong some how. but went into setting and sure enough. 80%

Put the phone on charger while getting ready, Left about 30min later, plugged phone right into my car charger, took a 40min drive to Disney. Perfect time to use this application. Checked phone before i unplugged it, 100% 12:20pm
            2 hours later i checked and 50% battery at 2:30pm!!!!!!!!!! Yes!! just 2 hours and my battery was half way dead.
            I uninstalled Opman, S2U2 and Find my Car. Only because I didnt think at first it was Find My Car, because when i woke up Saturday morning I thought i had to activate Find my Car, I didnt think it was running. I thought i closed it out. I really didnt think S2U2 would actually kill a battery that fast though. So the last 3 days I been running S2U2 and my phone has been going more then a day with out needing a charge. So its def not S2U2, and i seriously doubt its OPman. Which only leaves Find My Car.

and no its def not my battery. After I uninstalled everything at 2:30pm my phone stayed at 50% till 9pm when i left Disney. PLus as i stated it works fine now without the app installed.

Thought I would warn everyone ahead of time. I would love to hear comments from anyone else who has used this.

Hi whel then just kil the resource of it so dont run in the background and use it when you need it plus its normal leave any gps app running in the background for all night your battery whil drain
            Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; December 23, 2009, 04:13 AM.
            video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
            NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
            LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
            TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
            sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Originally posted by tek

as weesje stated its because you are running in the background and gps always drains your battery fast... close out when you are done and oyu will be good to go. and for the opmon and s2u2 its def not those products, s2u2 does drain some but not nearly close to that amount. and for opmon ive been using since the 700wx and doesnt drain battery at all since it is such a small script that just changes registry settings.

Comment

• tek
                • Nov 26

But When I unplugged my phone in the morning it was at 100% Fully charged.
                I then had it plugged into my car. It was at 100% when i got to disney. It marked my location. just fine when i unplugged it but how can I turn off the application. Then when i turn it back on it wont know where I parked my car last.
                So you have to leave it running in the background. Otherwise when you turn it on again it wont know your last location..

Ohhhh..... WAIT! I didnt test that... Are you saying I can turn on the APP, have it mark my location and then head off to disney and turn the APP off? And then 9 hours later turn the app on and it will still know where my car is? I simply assumed it had to be running in the background to remember where you last parked. I thought once you shut it off it wouldnt know your last location.

Wow okay. So if anyone can confirm it saves your last location after turning it off then hell ya. I would def reinstall this app. I simply assumed it needed to be running from the time you park your car to the time you are ready to find it again

Comment

Working...