• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

03/2010 11 | fresh rom | Enough that Im calling it new 11

In this release (1.0) 12/10/09:

I decided to make the jump to 1.0 because I felt that (pending any bugs) this release deserved it. I have been molding and building fresh ROM over the last month from v0.1a all the way up til now. There have been 9 total releases, with a few other random things in between. I am proud of this version and I hope to take a break after this release to work on a kitchen.

Added: Boot animation is back + new boot screen + freshhhh sound (yes, it’s back. You know you missed it!)
    o I’m putting this in bold: The new boot screen mimics a linux boot sequence. Don’t freak out.

Added: Totally transparent lock screen.
    o A small note on this one — I’m not a huge fan of the “lock” image that we currently have on there, but it’s all that we could whip up really fast to show off the new lock screen. It looks good, but it’s just not great. Enjoy it for now, and submit images if you have any that you would like to see there instead.

Added: Tsowen task bar!
    o So this task bar was actually put together by me (don’t complain to tsowen if you don’t like it haha), but the original icons were provided by tsowen. Please say thanks to him!
    o I am well aware that not 100% of the system icons have been changed over. After spending 48 hours on the task of porting them over I decided that I better make sure people like it before I spend another 48 finishing it!

Added: Put “fresh rom” back in to the build.prop so that you could see what version you were running in Settings < About Phone < Build Number

Modified: Removed as many .odex files as possible by deodexing them, converting to classes.dex and injecting it in to the apk.
    o Why? By doing so I was able to shave 25mb off of the extracted size of the system directory (you won’t notice the change in the .zip file). This was a way to remove 25mb worth of data without deleting a single thing. The package manager will handle creating odex files when needed and stores them on our data partition (this is what the dalvik-cache is). This also means it is easy for you to fix any issues you are having with certain programs without wiping the whole phone. This is something that you will see done on all the GSM roms, and I figure those guys know what they are doing!
    o What does this mean? Just like the GSM roms, this is the “future” of rom development for us. However that also means that if you install an app pack that replaces stock apps, you may get FC’s. To resolve that you will either have to wait for the art guys to make new packs based off of these new apk’s, or you will need to clear your cache after installing the pack. You can use my app installer (download link is available on the right) to clear the cache easily.

Modified: Changed the setup script a bit to have it clear the cache on first boot like I had done in the past. This resolves errors for people coming from 1.29 (yea, they still exist. haha.). Except a long boot on first bootup after flash. 3-5 minutes.

Fixed: Keyboard bug from last release

Fixed: Customization setup bug from last release

Download Link:
    Code:
    http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-rom-1-0/
    Click here to view the full image.

Additional Option if you want to De-Fresh Fresh 1.0:
    MOD: De-fresh 1.0 | Updated

Applying this patch will do the following:

1. Remove the “lock” image from the lock screen and puts it back to the standard half-arc. It maintains the clear wallpaper though. You should now be able to apply whatever lock screen you like including evil or clear as a bell.
    2. Remove the freshhh boot sound
    3. Remove the taskbar
    RELEASE NOTES (changes from 1.0 to 1.1) :

The most noticeable change that people will see is the work that is being done to port Espresso’s Rosie over to Fresh ROM. I really like the look of the new Rosie and therefore am putting it in here. :) If you don’t like it never fear. I can assure you that someone will put together a standard rosie theme that will put you back to all green. The pre-kitchen is 100% compatible with this rom. You will see that some parts of the rom are blue while some are green. This is exactly how the Espresso dump is. In fact the espresso dump is even worse! But freshlyill is working hard to spread it out to more applications. We’ll post an update when it’s ready.

* Added: ES File Explorer 1.2.5.1 (i’m liking it a lot more than astro)

* Updated: wifi tether from 1.6 pre-3 to 1.6 final
    * Updated: busybox to remove color codes (thanks to obelisk, I didn’t know this existed)
    * Updated: ad-less browsing hosts file (dec 22)
    * Updated: ensured that all files matched what they are in the most up-to-date RUU

* Modified: removed the “lock” image from the left screen and left it totally blank (as voted on here. if the lock screen is still showing your old wallpaper then there is a tool in the pre-kitchen to clear the cache).
    * Modified: espresso inspired rosie (light blue highlights)
    * Modified: espresso inspired dialer (light blue highlights)
    * Modified: battery icon
    * Modified: re-optimized and zipalign’d apk’s after several changes to them
    * Modified: signal icon
    * Modified: removed “Sprint” from the lockscreen
    * Modified: removed the 800×480 images from sdk’s that had them
    * Modified: launcher to remove the landscape files
    * Modified: htc contacts to remove the landscape files
    * Modified: htc weather widget to remove the landscape files
    * Modified: rosie to remove the landscape files
    * Modified: htc contacts to remove the landscape files

* Fixed: headphone icon (left it out of 1.0 on accident)
    * Fixed: GPS icons (left it out of 1.0 on accident)
    * Fixed: speakerphone icon (left it out of 1.0 on accident)

* Removed: dropbear
    * Removed: teeter (i’ll be adding it to the kitchen)
    * Removed: HTC location manager (for me this has seemed to resolve our phone lag caused by location service. It dramtically cuts down on the heartbeats. but my phone is generally rebooted multiple times per day so only time will tell if this works)
    * Removed: .bats in /system/app (accidentally left them in from my deodexing)
    * Removed: astro file manager (keep in mind you will need to uninstall it. I don’t want to force remove it because those people that still use it)
    * Removed: field trial
    * Removed: jbed
    * Removed: learn more (i did this a while ago, not sure when it got back in. lol)
    * Removed: sprint app updated
    * Removed: sdsa
    * Removed: quick office
    * Removed: html viewer
    * Removed: im plugins

DOWNLOAD: Code

Code:
    http://bit.ly/defresh
    – This will remove all 3 items above
    DOWNLOAD: Code

Code:
    http://bit.ly/delock
    – This will only remove the full screen “lock” image but keeps everything else.

De-Fresh Source:
    Code

Code:
    http://geekfor.me/fixes/mod-de-fresh-1-0/

NEW RELEAS ADDED 1.1 /03/2010
    Code:
    http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-rom-1-1/
    DOWNLOAD
    Code:
    http://link.geekfor.me/fresh11
    Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; January 03, 2010, 04:03 AM.
  • forty01
    Supporter
    • Nov 24

Re [ROM] 11/14/0901a | fresh rom | available now

Update (additional version):

flipz(mode) and freshlyill are proud to release: Fresh Rom for CDMA HTC Hero (Sprint) 0.2b!

DOWNLOAD NOW AVAILABLE:
    Code:
    http://bit.ly/fresh-02-b
    You took out ____ and I want it back:
    Code:
    http://bit.ly/4pFfPS
    - This is a link to download a zip of all the stock apps that have been removed so far from this rom. If we took something out that you use then grab this zip and push any apps you want back to /system/app and reboot. This is NOT an update.zip style update.

Base: RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_1.29.651.1_signed_release (original shipped)
    Tested with: recovery-RA-heroc-v1.2.3

In this release (0.2b) 11/17/09:
    This is more of a "maintainance release" as Sprint would call it. It was mostly just to add Apps2SD support to resolve problems people were receiving when upgrading to this rom if they had apps2sd.

Added: Apps2SD support (**Read my note in the second post**)
    Added: busybox
    Added: Java
    Fixed: Errors caused by certain users who were already using apps2sd
    Modified: Tweaked the boot up sound a little more to quiet it down but not remove it.
    Removed: Spare Parts
    Removed: Wireless Tether (likely temporary. if you need it back just download from here and push it to /system/app.)
    Code:
    http://bit.ly/fresh-02-b
    --------- New Post Merged on 18/11/2009 at 0450 --------

I am currently flashing this ROM and will post back, but have heard many good things about this ROM. Good Luck.
    Last edited by forty01; November 18, 2009, 03:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    sigpic
    About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
    Flashing a ROM Click Here
    Noob Zone Click Here
    How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• chauleyb
      • Feb 19

theres an update(0.4MR) for this rom came out lastnight!!

--------- New Post Merged on 19/11/2009 at 1122 --------

i was goin to post the update but i wanted to post correctly so i went to the posting web links section and i was denied access!!
      Last edited by chauleyb; November 19, 2009, 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• forty01
        Supporter
        • Nov 24

Re Re [ROM] 11/14/0901a | fresh rom | available now

Originally posted by chauleyb
        theres an update(0.4MR) for this rom came out lastnight!!

--------- New Post Merged on 19/11/2009 at 1122 --------

i was goin to post the update but i wanted to post correctly so i went to the posting web links section and i was denied access!!
        /yeah, I've been researching this all morning with the different things they were trying to get around, but it seems to be working pretty smooth. I'm actually about to flash it here in a sec.

--------- New Post Merged on 19/11/2009 at 1204 --------

Update:
        SPRINT MR UPDATE NOW INTEGRATED IN TO FRESH ROM. I HAVE REMOVED THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MANUALLY UPDATING. JUST GET FRESH ROM 0.4

flipz(mode) and freshlyill are proud to release: Fresh Rom for CDMA HTC Hero (Sprint) 0.4!

DOWNLOAD NOW AVAILABLE:
        Code:
        http://bit.ly/fresh-04
        -- Built off the new Sprint 1.59 Base!
        Note: I tested this update 3 different ways: from a 1.29 phone, from a 1.59 phone that had manually added the update, and from a 1.59 phone that received the OTA update. All worked fine, but you do this at your own risk! Make a nandroid backup.

Known issues:
        Looks like people coming from modaco to this rom are having either locks ups / boot loops or force closes on 0.4. Avoid for now if you are on modaco. Working on an fix right now but I have to install modaco first to test.

"You took out ____ and I want it back":
        Code:
        http://bit.ly/3Edzb8
        - This is a link to download a zip of all the stock apps that have been removed so far from this rom. If we took something out that you use then grab this zip and push any apps you want back to /system/app and reboot. This is NOT an update.zip style update. -- Updated for the 1.59 base. Do not use the old ones on the new base! Every stock .apk and .odex had some type of check digit added to it during the update and will cause force closes if you use the old ones.

Base: Hero_C_Sprint_1.59.651.1_signed_release (Sprint MR Update)

Code:
        In this release (0.4) 11/19/09:

Known issues:
        Looks like people coming from modaco to this rom are having either locks ups / boot loops or force closes on 0.4. Avoid for now if you are on modaco. Working on an fix right now but I have to install modaco first to test.

UPDATED BASE: Hero_C_Sprint_1.59.651.1_signed_release (Sprint MR)
        Added: Wireless Tether (Yup, it's back!)
        Removed: Amazon MP3
        Removed: HTC Stock + Widget
        Removed: HTC Twitter (peep) + Widget
        Removed: HTC Footprints + Widget
        Removed: HTC Ringtone Trimmer
        Removed: HTC Sound Recorder
        Removed: IM
        Removed: Learn More
        Removed: Sprint NFL
        Removed: Sprint TV + Widget
        Removed: Sprint Nascar
        Removed: Voice Dialer
        Rom: http://bit.ly/fresh-04
        Removed apps: http://bit.ly/3Edzb8

In this release (0.3) :
        Nothing to see here! Look away.  :)

In this release (0.2b) 11/17/09:
        This is more of a "maintainance release" as Sprint would call it. It was mostly just to add Apps2SD support to resolve problems people were receiving when upgrading to this rom if they had apps2sd.

Added: Apps2SD support (**Read my note in the second post**)
        Added: busybox
        Added: Java
        Fixed: Errors caused by certain users who were already using apps2sd
        Modified: Tweaked the boot up sound a little more to quiet it down but not remove it.
        Removed: Spare Parts
        Removed: Wireless Tether (likely temporary. if you need it back just download from here and push it to /system/app.)
        Rom: http://bit.ly/fresh-02-b
        Removed apps: http://bit.ly/4pFfPS

In this release (0.1a) 11/14/09:
        Added: Spare Parts
        Added: Wireless Tether (consider donating to the author if you use it!)
        Modified: Boot up sound. Will continue to modify this or remove it completely.
        Removed: Amazon MP3
        Removed: HTC Stock + Widget
        Removed: HTC Twitter (peep) + Widget
        Removed: HTC Footprints + Widget
        Removed: HTC Ringtone Trimmer
        Removed: HTC Sound Recorder
        Removed: IM
        Removed: Learn More
        Removed: Sprint NFL
        Removed: Sprint TV + Widget
        Removed: Sprint Nascar
        Removed: Voice Dialer
        Rom: http://bit.ly/fresh-rom
        Changes / notes / observations about Sprint update:
        - Stock messaging app works. No wake lock on outbound text. But it seems so plain now. Haha.
        - HTC's weather seems to be working a lot better. Updates more often.
        - Some people complained that apps they could get from the market place before could no longer be seen. I haven't experienced this issue but it's likely caused by the market place not recognizing the new fingerprint. I imagine the problem will be resolved for everyone.
        - All stock .apk and .odex files had some type of modification or check digit added to them during the update. I tried putting the old ones back on just to test and was getting force closes. So beware of putting any modified stock apk's back on (like Rosie) until they get re-done.

Flashing this rom should keep all of your personal settings and should not wipe anything but you are doing it at your own risk. I make no promises on what may happen to your device and your data. This also means that unlike winmo, it's not going to look different after you flash. It will look just as it was before hand.

Requirements:
        A rooted CDMA HTC Hero by Sprint. RA's recovery loaded on. If you have any questions on that then please visit one of the other various threads on here about how to root your phone.

How to use it:
        0. Create a nandroid backup!
        1. Copy this rom (do not unzip) to the root of your sdcard using one of the various methods.
        2. Go to the recovery program by either typing "reboot recovery" from an adb shell or by powering off the phone and holding Home while you power it on.
        3. Scroll down to "Apply sdcard: choose zip" and select the zipped rom. Press the home button to confirm you want to write it.
        4. After it finishes (takes several minutes) click "Reboot system now".

Background:
        We are both new to Android development having recently switched from Windows Mobile phones. This is our first release. The current goal is to make a rom (from a clean image of stock RUU) that is optimized and stripped of unneeded items. In this case that is mostly going to consists of the Sprint applications that take up space and the HTC apps that like to constantly launch themselves in the background. If we took out anything that you like then they can be added back in manually. We'll provide more instructions and possibly some app packs later to help you with that. I personally would have stripped Rosie (senseui) but freshlyill likes it too much. :-p . I will likely release an ultra-light version that removes it.

What this rom isn't:
        This was my blurb talking about how this rom doesn't fix HTC's issues (like the sms/battery issue) but those should be resolved now with the new base.

Bugs? Questions? Comments? Ideas? Please post here. Special thanks to MoDaCo for putting the first CDMA rom out there.

More Info (flipzmode posts):
        PPC Geeks
        Code:
        http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96913
        XDA's
        Code:
        http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584032
        ----------------------------
        flipz(mode) and freshlyill have been keeping this ROM constantly up to date, which is great. flipzmode has been all over the communicating and trying to help get this up and running.
        Last edited by forty01; November 19, 2009, 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        sigpic
        Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• chauleyb
          • Feb 19

forty01 let mek no if u have wireless tether since he added it back cuz i do not have..just wanderin if i did a bad flash....let me kno tho thanx

Comment

• forty01
            Supporter
            • Nov 24

Re: [ROM] 11/14/09-0.1a | fresh rom | available now!

Hold off on this .4 flash, until they can get the some things worked out. I had a crazy amount of Force Closes, but the .2b worked pretty smooth from the get go. I'll keep ya posted when this gets resolved, thanks.
            sigpic
            Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• trentonmac
              MurdaROM Creator
              • Oct 15

Re: [ROM] 11/14/09-0.1a | fresh rom | available now!

This was my very first Rom for my hero as I wanted to wait until the mr from Sprint to root and flash and I have had zero problems with .4 Tethering works perfect and so far all programs and games are fine.

--------- New Post Merged on 19/11/2009 at 0908 --------

First post updated with new release.
              Last edited by trentonmac; November 19, 2009, 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              sigpic
              If anyone helps you out THANK them.

Comment

• forty01
                Supporter
                • Nov 24

Re [ROM] 11/19/0904 | fresh rom | Built off Updated Sprint Base

Bump Another Update:

[ROM] 11/23/09-0.6 | fresh rom | All known issues resolved
                flipz(mode) and freshlyill are proud to release: Fresh Rom for CDMA HTC Hero (Sprint) 0.6!

I am testing out using my blog as a place to announce my releases. It’s quite a bit more organized than the message boards and allows me to quickly update information. I plan to have more information here than the message boards themselves so that every time I update I don’t have to make changes across multiple sites.

[Home Page] [Downloads] [FAQ] [Fixes] [Known Issues] [News]

Special thanks to all the beta testers. From xda: diesel556, dom2114, watzone69, dagnasty, n0j, mirrorsecond, jaybob413, evening newbs (still waiting on your slow internet lol). And from ppcgeeks: thacounty, athlet1c, ruskiyab, shongboy.

Base: Hero_C_Sprint_1.56.651.1_signed_release (Sprint MR Update)
                Code:
                In this release (0.6) 11/23/09:

Added: Wifi-tether (again)
                Added: Spare parts (also, again)
                Fixed: Stereo bluetooth! (known issue)
                Fixed: adb remount (for real this time)
                Fixed: Super user not prompting
                Fixed: Apps not showing in market (known issue)
                Coming soon: The screen animations that everyone is so fond of  :)
                Coming soon: Optimized apk's
                Link: http://geekfor.me/2009/11/23/download-fresh-rom-0-6-released
                Changes / notes / observations about Sprint update:
                - Stock messaging app works. No wake lock on outbound text. But it seems so plain now. Haha.
                - HTC's weather seems to be working a lot better. Updates more often.
                - Some people complained that apps they could get from the market place before could no longer be seen. I haven't experienced this issue but it's likely caused by the market place not recognizing the new fingerprint. I imagine the problem will be resolved for everyone.
                - All stock .apk and .odex files had some type of modification or check digit added to them during the update. I tried putting the old ones back on just to test and was getting force closes. So beware of putting any modified stock apk's back on (like Rosie) until they get re-done.

Flashing this rom should keep all of your personal settings and should not wipe anything but you are doing it at your own risk. I make no promises on what may happen to your device and your data. This also means that unlike winmo, it's not going to look different after you flash. It will look just as it was before hand.

Requirements:
                A rooted CDMA HTC Hero by Sprint. RA's recovery loaded on. If you have any questions on that then please visit one of the other various threads on here about how to root your phone.

How to use it:
                0. Create a nandroid backup!
                1. Copy this rom (do not unzip) to the root of your sdcard using one of the various methods.
                2. Go to the recovery program by either typing "reboot recovery" from an adb shell or by powering off the phone and holding Home while you power it on.
                3. Scroll down to "Apply sdcard: choose zip" and select the zipped rom. Press the home button to confirm you want to write it.
                4. After it finishes (takes several minutes) click "Reboot system now".

Background:
                We are both new to Android development having recently switched from Windows Mobile phones. This is our first release. The current goal is to make a rom (from a clean image of stock RUU) that is optimized and stripped of unneeded items. In this case that is mostly going to consists of the Sprint applications that take up space and the HTC apps that like to constantly launch themselves in the background. If we took out anything that you like then they can be added back in manually. We'll provide more instructions and possibly some app packs later to help you with that. I personally would have stripped Rosie (senseui) but freshlyill likes it too much. :-p . I will likely release an ultra-light version that removes it.

What this rom isn't:
                This was my blurb talking about how this rom doesn't fix HTC's issues (like the sms/battery issue) but those should be resolved now with the new base.

Bugs? Questions? Comments? Ideas? Please post here. Special thanks to MoDaCo for putting the first CDMA rom out there.
                -----------------------------

This one installed perfectly w/o any issues. 0.4 was fine except you had to come from stock ROM or you would have issues. 0.6 gives you the ability to keep all your settings and not have to do a complete wipe to make it work w/o issues of Force Closing and so forth. 0.6 has been a nice update and again flipzmode has been all over this with constant updates and great communication. Good Luck.
                sigpic
                Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• VenumX
                  The VenumX Factor
                  • Nov 14

updated first post with latest version.

("Do Not Pm Me Or Email For Support" For Mobile Stuff, Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.)

sigpic

Wanna Introduce Yourself?! Click HERE

Need to flash a rom?
                  stlouisfinest68 has a great video tutorial on how to do it, click HERE

Forum Rules: --> HERE
                  Join A Group:--> HERE
                  Learn To Get Around The Forum:--> HERE

Comment

• forty01
                    Supporter
                    • Nov 24

Bump Updated Version: Read through and make sure you understand. I'm going to hang out with the .6b for the meantime, because I'm enjoying it and no serious change, and the see what the next version has install for us :) They're doing a great job in making this happen and as smooth as possible.
                    Code:
                    [B]In this release (0.7) 12/03/09:[/B]

NOTE: I have added a highly requested feature in to this rom by modifying the boot.img-kernel. This modification has a side effect so please read the important release notes [COLOR="Red"]in red [/COLOR]below, and make sure to vote in the poll that accompanies this release.

Added: 101 optimized and zipalignd apks by freshlyill -- every stock apk that could take it.

Added: Proper 1.56 fingerprint back in to the phone. This was our work-around for when apps weren't showing up in the market. It seems that this issue has since been resolved by Google so I put the 1.56 fingerprint back in.

Added: Modified boot.img-kernel to provide a quicker boot time
                    o The boot times were decreased by using a debug state that completely disables boot-up animation. In my tests I went from 1m36s down to 1m19s. [COLOR="Red"]Now the trade-off is that you have no indication if the phone is booting or frozen because there are no animations at all.[/COLOR] This was a highly requested feature but I'm interested to see if people want to save the 17s or if they want to "see" the phone booting? Please take the poll that can be found above and weigh in on what you think.

Removed: Some non-WWE files that were taking up nearly 5mb of space.

Removed: Fresh Water theme -- Out of 206 voters, 77% requested that Fresh Water not be included by default in future release. Message received!
                    o You can still download it via the "downloads" link on my blog... it will install just fine on 0.7

Removed: Custom boot screen and "FRESHHHH" boot sound -- no, the complainers didn't win. It's a side effect of the modified boot.img-kernel.

[COLOR="Blue"][B]BUG FOUND:[/B][/COLOR] After downloading 0.7 you will also need to visit this page to resolve a bug that was found in htc_ime.apk that causes a force close when you open the keyboard: http://geekfor.me/known-issues/fc-in-htc_ime/

[COLOR="Blue"][B]BUG FOUND: [/B][/COLOR]A bug was found (and resolved) in customization setup that causes errors if you do a restore: http://geekfor.me/known-issues/restore-causes-setup-errors/ -- thanks durhamite for catching it.

Download Link: http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-rom-0-7/
                    sigpic
                    Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• forty01
                      Supporter
                      • Nov 24

Re: [ROM] 11/19/0904 | fresh rom | Built off Updated Sprint Base

Well, I gave in and switched to 0.7

All is going great as I figured would have. No issues and running smooth. All info is explained in above info. It does what it says :)

If I can get one of my good Mod/Admins/etc to update the info on 0.7 in my previous post pushed to the top and reflect the latest version. Thanks.

--------- New Post Merged on 10/12/2009 at 10:00:01 --------

Bump, new update, installing as I'm typing :)
                      By the time I finished posting this my install is complete and running great. Flipz and freshlyill have done a lot of work in such a short time frame and amazes me me how the results have been as good as they have been. As always, make sure you Nandroid before accomplishing any flash. Good Luck.
                      Code:
                      [B]In this release (1.0) 12/10/09:[/B]

I decided to make the jump to 1.0 because I felt that (pending any bugs) this release deserved it. I have been molding and building fresh ROM over the last month from v0.1a all the way up til now. There have been 9 total releases, with a few other random things in between. I am proud of this version and I hope to take a break after this release to work on a kitchen.

Added: Boot animation is back + new boot screen + freshhhh sound (yes, it’s back. You know you missed it!)
                      o [B]I’m putting this in bold: The new boot screen mimics a linux boot sequence. Don’t freak out.[/B]

Added: Totally transparent lock screen.
                      o A small note on this one — I’m not a huge fan of the “lock” image that we currently have on there, but it’s all that we could whip up really fast to show off the new lock screen. It looks good, but it’s just not great. Enjoy it for now, and submit images if you have any that you would like to see there instead.

Added: Tsowen task bar!
                      o So this task bar was actually put together by me (don’t complain to tsowen if you don’t like it haha), but the original icons were provided by tsowen. Please say thanks to him!
                      o I am well aware that not 100% of the system icons have been changed over. After spending 48 hours on the task of porting them over I decided that I better make sure people like it before I spend another 48 finishing it!

Added: Put “fresh rom” back in to the build.prop so that you could see what version you were running in Settings < About Phone < Build Number

Modified: Removed as many .odex files as possible by deodexing them, converting to classes.dex and injecting it in to the apk.
                      o Why? By doing so I was able to shave 25mb off of the extracted size of the system directory (you won’t notice the change in the .zip file). This was a way to remove 25mb worth of data without deleting a single thing. The package manager will handle creating odex files when needed and stores them on our data partition (this is what the dalvik-cache is). This also means it is easy for you to fix any issues you are having with certain programs without wiping the whole phone. This is something that you will see done on all the GSM roms, and I figure those guys know what they are doing!
                      o What does this mean? Just like the GSM roms, this is the “future” of rom development for us. However that also means that if you install an app pack that replaces stock apps, you may get FC’s. To resolve that you will either have to wait for the art guys to make new packs based off of these new apk’s, or you will need to clear your cache after installing the pack. You can use my app installer (download link is available on the right) to clear the cache easily.

Modified: Changed the setup script a bit to have it clear the cache on first boot like I had done in the past. This resolves errors for people coming from 1.29 (yea, they still exist. haha.). Except a long boot on first bootup after flash. 3-5 minutes.

Fixed: Keyboard bug from last release

Fixed: Customization setup bug from last release

Download Link: http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-rom-1-0/
                      Last edited by forty01; December 10, 2009, 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      sigpic
                      Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• forty01
                        Supporter
                        • Nov 24

Bump, still in need of assistance, thanks :)

(Add this with the above 1.0)
                        MOD: De-fresh 1.0 | Updated
                        December 10th, 2009
                        Code:
                        http://geekfor.me/fixes/mod-de-fresh-1-0/
                        Just an extra option if you didn't like a few of the changes, have fun.

--------- New Post Merged on 11/12/2009 at 0846 --------

Alright, taking too long. Where's the love???
                        Just give me Mod status and I'll fix it, lol.
                        Last edited by forty01; December 11, 2009, 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        sigpic
                        Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• forty01
                          Supporter
                          • Nov 24

Still in need of assistance.
                          Where's the love for the Fresh ROM???
                          sigpic
                          Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                            OG Member
                            • Nov 08

Originally posted by forty01
                            Still in need of assistance.
                            Where's the love for the Fresh ROM???

post updated for ya

SPJ Bulletin @
                            forum.smartphonejunkie.org
                            Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• forty01
                              Supporter
                              • Nov 24

Originally posted by puertoblack2003
                              post updated for ya
                              Thanks for the update PB, but it's a little mixed up :)
                              My Post 6 Days Ago @ 10:24pm is the correct version currently:
                              [ROM] 12/10/09-1.0 | fresh rom | Enough that I'm calling it 1.0!

The De-Fresh I placed above 4 Days Ago @ 11:38PM can be added below the 1.0, because it's an additional option you can use to remove a few items you might not like in 1.0

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks again PB.

--------- New Post Merged on 16/12/2009 at 0136 --------

Bump, please look at my above post, thanks.
                              Last edited by forty01; December 16, 2009, 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              sigpic
                              Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

Working...