X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CYBER WEESJE
    • Mar 27

[FREEWARE] Trapster

Made by: Trapster

With Trapster installed on your device it will alerts you as you approach police speed traps. When you see a trap, report it by pressing a button on your phone, or calling a toll free number. Other user's phones will alert them as they approach the trap. Trapster learns the credibility of traps based on how many users agree. It also learns the credibility of each user, over time. So how does it work? Our goal is to make it so simple that you don't need to know. But in case you are interested, it combines technologies such as GPS and wireless location, voice transcription, geocoding, reverse geocoding, and SMS, with a central database server. It communicates in real time, using the Internet.

Note: You will need to install the .Net Compact Framework 3.5 if you don't already have it.
    Click here to download the .Net Compact Framework 3.5

Trapster Features
    Map Display
    The red dot automatically follows your current GPS location in real time. The emanating blips show the Virtual Radar® alert zone. The alert zone dynamically narrows and elongates based on your velocity and direction of travel. Icons animate while the corresponding audio alert is played.

Trap TypesThis screen appears when you press "Report a Trap" in the lower left corner of your screen. You can then choose from the 7 trap types listed.

Local SearchClick the search icon in upper right corner. Enter your search term and get local results. Choose your listing to find the location on the map.

Local Search On Map After making your selection, your choice is called out on the map with easy access to get more information about this location.

RouteClick the route icon in upper right corner next to search. This feature allows you to input your destination and plot your route from stat to end point.

Alert Settings This screen allows you to set the type of alert and frequency of alerts you want to receive.

Code:
    http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-trapster.html

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
    ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ HIT THANKS ON THE WAY OUT
    Attached Files
    video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
    NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
    TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
    sigpic
  • forty01
    Supporter
    • Nov 24

Re: Trapster

Pretty neat. I'm hoping Waze catches on and people report this type of information there, because I've been trying to use it daily.
    sigpic
    About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
    Flashing a ROM Click Here
    Noob Zone Click Here
    How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• drdrewdown
      • May 23

i've got this installed as well as waze.. i honestly wish the two would merge their data together. i cant have both these apps going & running at once. so for now i'm just using waze & reporting 5-0 on there, among other things like traffic/accidents etc.

someone tell these guys to merge with waze!!!
      |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23504) |Nov10| Manila 2.1

Comment

• forty01
        Supporter
        • Nov 24

Re Trapster

Originally posted by drdrewdown
        i've got this installed as well as waze.. i honestly wish the two would merge their data together. i cant have both these apps going & running at once. so for now i'm just using waze & reporting 5-0 on there, among other things like traffic/accidents etc.

someone tell these guys to merge with waze!!!
        I'm with you, because I have been reporting everything on Waze. If they merged, which probably won't happen, but make it more simplistic if it did :)
        sigpic
        Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• rwheeler
          • Mar 30

i downloaded this from the microsoft store and it doesnt ever load up. All it does is go to an error screen.. unable to connect to server.. is this a different version?

Comment

• drdrewdown
            • May 23

shouldn't be any different. try it out.. it works great for me & my touch pro. although i use waze to report 5-0 instead of this

Comment

• ronaldsdv
              • Mar 10

Re Trapster

Originally posted by rwheeler
              i downloaded this from the microsoft store and it doesnt ever load up. All it does is go to an error screen.. unable to connect to server.. is this a different version?

try going to the actual site ..

Code:
              http://www.trapster.com
              Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; October 26, 2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• rwheeler
                • Mar 30

Re Re Trapster

Originally posted by ronaldsdv
                try going to the actual site ..

Code:
                http://www.trapster.com

Im using a touchpro 2, not a touch pro one, its like it doesnt load up, i tried both versions, i would love to have this program, has anyone tested it on a touchpro 2?

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
                  • Mar 27

Re Re Re Trapster

Originally posted by rwheeler
                  Im using a touchpro 2, not a touch pro one, its like it doesnt load up, i tried both versions, i would love to have this program, has anyone tested it on a touchpro 2?
                  Hi tested on tp2 and working try cleaning device whit sktools install in device memory and run it again

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
                  SENIOR ADMIN@SPJ
                  video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
                  NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
                  LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
                  TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
                  sigpic

Comment

• ppopper78
                    • Aug 07

it does not work that good in san antonio due to no participation by everybody but its a neat app and can work as long as partcipation keeps the traps logged.
                    Cletus P. Buford

Comment

• forty01
                      Supporter
                      • Nov 24

Re Trapster

Originally posted by ppopper78
                      it does not work that good in san antonio due to no participation by everybody but its a neat app and can work as long as partcipation keeps the traps logged.
                      The program Waze as mentioned in a few of the above posts is a good choice. Not only will it assist as Trapster does, but the participation has been increasing with it. Not only will help with speed traps, but traffic, and other various info that is updated by us the members. I really enjoy it and am constantly updated on whats going on around me. Participation is huge in programs of this type, but it seems to be catching on quickly. The phone platform is what helps make much of this possible, because it works on iPhone, Android, WM, and Symbian. That's better than most programs I know of. This is not to take anything away from Trapster, but trying to give you an alternative if distraught ;) Good Luck.
                      sigpic
                      Noob Zone Click Here

Comment

• drdrewdown
                        • May 23

+1 waze > trapster. good post forty01

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

Originally posted by forty01
                          The program Waze as mentioned in a few of the above posts is a good choice. Not only will it assist as Trapster does, but the participation has been increasing with it. Not only will help with speed traps, but traffic, and other various info that is updated by us the members. I really enjoy it and am constantly updated on whats going on around me. Participation is huge in programs of this type, but it seems to be catching on quickly. The phone platform is what helps make much of this possible, because it works on iPhone, Android, WM, and Symbian. That's better than most programs I know of. This is not to take anything away from Trapster, but trying to give you an alternative if distraught ;) Good Luck.
                          Originally posted by drdrewdown
                          +1 waze > trapster. good post forty01

i have but really havent used it yet... do you leave it running or turn it on just before yu are going to drive? does it kill your battery at all since its constantly getting feed of your area? been wanting to use it but business hasbeen killing me.... is it easy to learn and navigate through?

Comment

• drdrewdown
                            • May 23

i would recommend turning it on & off when not in use. it will constantly try to get GPS lock if its running, so dont treat it like palringo in that sense :D

i also think a car charger is pretty important for waze or trapster as both drain your battery while in use.

waze is pretty nice. its a little too "wii" for me. i'll describe it as a "kiddy" feel. i prefer the clean/professional looks to apps. it has some great reporting features for traffic / police etc.. but keep in mind its all user driven information so if nobody is using it, it benefits nobody :D

very easy to learn & navigate.. twitter integration when u report things. sometimes their maps need updating & you can also help with that. its a fun app i've clocked almost 1000 miles on it so far. ranked near 400 :D lol

Comment

• cwachtl
                              • Mar 06

Re Trapster

never know how good it is until you use it

Comment

Working...