X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

[FREEWARE] 1.FM Radio - 39 Stations - now in cab form

This isn't really software but I didn't know where else to put it, so if a mod thinks this post belongs in another forum please move it.

I usually listen to 1.fm internet radio when I'm at home. You can listen to 1.fm on your Windows Mobile device using Resco Radio, PocketTunes, or Select Radio, but there's no free app. I decided to create an .html document with a list of the current 39 stations streaming urls.

The cab file installs the .html file along with a shortcut. Clicking the shortcut should open your default browser. Selecting your station of choice should open the music stream in your default media player. I've tried it with Windows Media Player and TCPMP and the streams open fine in both players. Since 1.fm uses flash on their home page no song info is displayed in the player, which isn't a big deal for me.

The stream is 128k. For anyone who has a lousy connection or 1x reception, the 32k cab will work better for you.

(Note to everyone who previously downloaded the html files - since the cab file installs a shortcut there is no need to open your browser first and then the html file. You can now open the file like a regular application and add it your favorite program launcher, saving you an extra step.)

i take no credit for this and was originally found here:
    Code:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80002
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D/\SH; October 04, 2009, 01:48 PM.
Working...