X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

RoamOnly Toggle

This is a very simple app which toggles the voice network between RoamOnly and Automatic. I recommend also installing the RoamOnly tweak, though it is not required.

This app is compatible with webOS 1.2.

I've been testing this app in WebOS 1.2 without the RoamOnly tweak, and it seems to work well. Previously, the phone app would become unreliable in getting a connection. I'm not certain whether there was a fix in 1.2, or there were other factors involved. If your phone cannot get a connection as a result of using this app, just restart the device. If the connection problem is persistent, please report here.

Here's what you need to know about the app:

• If you don't install the RoamOnly tweak, the Phone Preferences panel will not be accurate. For example, if you're in "Roam Only" mode, it will say that you're in "Sprint Only" mode. However, the top status bar will still correctly show whether you are currently roaming by displaying "R" next to the signal bars.
    • This is a "headless" app, meaning no card will be launched.
    • The app's icon will toggle between "OFF" and "ON". "ON" means the voice network is in RoamOnly mode. "OFF" means it's in Automatic mode.
    • If you change the voice network mode directly from the phone preferences screen, the app's icon will not automatically be updated. But when you run the app again, it will detect the current mode before toggling.
    • After initial installation or after resetting the device, the app icon will be blank. Also, if the phone rejects the change for whatever reason, causing an error, the icon will be blank.
    • This app does not switch to "Sprint Only" (or "Bell Only" or "home only") mode.
    • If you move the app icon to the launcher bar on the bottom, the highlighting of the icon which appears when you click the icon does not automatically go away. This seems to be a bug with the way webOS handles headless apps.
    • This app is free. Free to use, distribute, modify, etc.

Where to Find It
    RoamOnly Toggle | PreCentral.net

FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY:
    • Some people might prefer to have a toggle item in the radio menu (the one with WiFi and airplane mode). I've posted the relevant code here in case someone wants to work on that. Note that to make the telephony system calls, an app's id must begin with "com.palm". Any patches to Palm's system files should be fine.
    • Included in the code is a javascript serialize function, written by someone else, and which I used in debugging to figure out what object was being returned after a system call. That function is covered under MIT license. You're free to use and modify it as well.
    • If you want to edit the code and debug your work, you can switch on the display of the card by changing "noWindow" in appinfo.json to "false".

Sample Code

Get Current Voice Network Mode

Set Voice Network Mode

Update App's Launcher Icon

The attached file is a zip of the icon in Illustrator format. There are multiple layers. Feel free to modify for your own needs. You DO NOT need this attachment to run this app.

i take no credit for this and was originally found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/204456-roamonly-toggle.html
    Attached Files
Working...