Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

[FREEWARE] [24-09-09]2D/3D Driver Development for MSM720X devices Driverpack 3 Release

Important update for the project members! ==>Click!<==
    ================================================== =
    Developing a graphics driver for Windows Mobile Wiki
    ================================================== =
    Now, the goal of this thread is to unite the different driver threads on different device forums. I've seen alot of good stuff going on but the info is too spreaded.

So, here's a list of threads discussing / devving a driver or performance:
    ================================================== ==

Testing Team
    Let's get these MSM devices performing the way they should! What we need is people who know about OpenGL ES and the Windows Mobile OS, and willing to contribute in development. We're currently testing the Twin's Libgles_cm.dll combined with OpenVG and Ati drivers. With that, there's also Windows Mobile 7 coming, with probably updated drivers and core. All these factors need to be taken in account, and that's what we're currently researching.
    OpenVG
    This new 2D hardware driver development started by Khronos for mobile devices in 2008. Currently, we've managed to get a few files from the Quartz which seem to enable the openVG capabilities in the Xperia, and the Diamond seems affected by it. It seems heavily dependable on DDI so it may or may not work with your device.

UPDATED 24-09-09 - NeoS2007 Driver pack 3:
    Installation: Disable Manila or Titanium before installing the cabfile. It's to make sure there are no files in use when copying the files. If you have an older version of the driverpack installed, best thing to do is a hard-reset. I know, it sucks. But believe me, it's best for your device.
    Reported working devices so far: HTC Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD, Touch Pro 2, Touch Diamond 2 and Sony Ericsson X1.

Changelog (tested on Touch HD): xda-developers - View Single Post - [PROJECT]How to improve graphics performance - Driverpack 3 released (24-09-09)
    Test OpenGL (now with different resolutions!): [App + Src + Game] Test OpenGL and OpenVG performance; Game using OpenGL - xda-developers

originally found here:
    Code:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3507221#post3507221
    Attached Files
  • Kiit408
    My Phone Is Black
    • Jun 12

Re: [24-09-09]2D/3D Driver Development for MSM720X devices Driverpack 3 Rel

ok does anyone reccomend this download... i really don't understand bull... but has anyone tried this and made any discovery on how much this helps?
    sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by Kiit408
      ok does anyone reccomend this download... i really don't understand bull... but has anyone tried this and made any discovery on how much this helps?
      take a look at the developers link at the bottom of the page...... some have noticed and some dont notice any changes...... it can depend on many different factors including build dates from what i understand.... the worst that will happen is a hard reset will be in need but i havent heard of one person needing to do that since it does uninstall.

Comment

• Kiit408
        My Phone Is Black
        • Jun 12

slight difference but not much... thanks...
        sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by Kiit408
          slight difference but not much... thanks...

cool and thanks for the update and review on how it worked for you.... you tested on the diamond correct?

Comment

• Kiit408
            My Phone Is Black
            • Jun 12

i soft reseted and it ****ed up my phone damit... anyway... yeah that ruined it for me now i have to hard reset

--------- New Post Merged on 26/9/2009 at 10:00:46 --------

for those who have to do the same.. and cant get passed the lock like i can't then the diamond all you do... is...

power/vol-down/center circle ....... all at the same time.. and then just press volume up... good luck ya'lll
            Last edited by Kiit408; September 26, 2009, 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            sigpic

Comment

Working...