X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

A How-to: How to Change Bookmark Icons

The images are in /var/luna/data/browser/icons . For the "built-in" bookmarks, there are 3 files each:

• bookmark-icon-{name}.png - 32x32 px icon you see in the bookmark list

• {name}-bookmark-icon.png - 64x64 px icon that doesn't seem to appear anywhere

• {name}-bookmark-thumbnail.png - 90x120 px thumbnail that appears when you start the browser

I'm not happy with the way the Pre tries to make images for you, so I created some of my own. (I also use a better naming convention for the files).

To add your own images:

1. Copy the default bookmark images from /var/luna/data/browser/images to you PC (use WinSCP or copy them to /media/internal and then use the USB cable). They make good templates for creating new images.

2. Create some new images. Here are mine for m.cnn.com:

(cnn-icon32.png)

(cnn-icon64.png)

(cnn-thumbnail.png)

3. Copy the images to your Pre under /var/luna/data/browser/images .

4. Become root and make your filesystem read-write:

Code:
    $ sudo -i

# rootfs_open -w
    5. Open the bookmark database with the sqlite utility:

Code:
    # /usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.app.browser_0/0000000000000004.db
    6. Add a bookmark, save, and exit sqlite:

Code:
    sqlite> begin transaction;

sqlite> insert into bookmarks (url,title,defaultEntry,iconFile32,iconFile64,thumbnailFile)
     values ('http://m.cnn.com','CNN',1,'/var/luna/data/browser/icons/cnn-icon32.png','/var/luna/data/browser/icons/cnn-icon64.png','/var/luna/data/browser/icons/cnn-thumbnail.png');

sqlite> commit;

sqlite> .exit
    Note: the bookmarks are keyed on title, so if you already have a bookmark titled "CNN", the above code will simply update the existing bookmark.

To view all you bookmarks in the database:

Code:
    sqlite> .header on

sqlite> select * from bookmarks;
    Columns:

• id - numeric ID

• url - URL

• title - Title

• date - numeric representing the date-time the bookmark was added

• parent - ?

• idx - numeric controlling sort order of the bookmarks (when two or more bookmarks have the same idx value, the browser sorts on title)

• defaultEntry - numeric: 0 for bookmarks you add through the browser, 1 for "built-in" bookmarks (Pre won't mess with the images)

• iconFile32 - path to the 32x32 px icon

• iconFile64 - path to the 64x64 px icon

• visitCount - number of times you selected the bookmark

• thumbnameFile - path to the thumnail

• lastVisited - numeric representing the date-time last time you selected the bookmark

• startIdx - ?

originally found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/194160-does-anyone-know-where-browser-images-stored.html
Working...