X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Screamager - a dot matrix LED message scroller

A realistic looking dot matrix LED screen that can show messages.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/screamager

I'm still trying to increase the scrolling speed and get rid of some stuttering.

WANNA MAKE FONTS?

Fonts are defined as JS arrays that describe a matrix. If anyone wants to create fonts I'll be happy to add them.

Sample letter:

Code:
    'G':[
    [0,0,1,1,1,1,1,0],
    [0,1,1,0,0,0,0,0],
    [1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0],
    [1,1,0,0,1,1,1,0],
    [1,1,0,0,0,1,1,0],
    [0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0],
    [0,0,1,1,1,1,1,0]
    ],
    Fonts shouldn't be more than 12 lines high.

NEW in 0.7:

This version adds three built in dot matrix animations and the ability to play any remote hosted Blinkenlights BML animation. All 1 bit Blinkenlights animations should work including ones that are smaller than the available 26x18 pixels. Larger ones of course won't work.

To try it out I placed a bunch of BML animations here:

Index of /stuff/bml

These animations are from the Blinkenlights project. They will all play in Screamager 0.7.

This also means you can write and run your own animations! For more information about the Blinkenlights Markup Language, look here:

Blinkenlights Markup Language | Project Blinkenlights

If you've made a cool animation please let me know and I'll add it to the built in animations! As said before, currently only 1 bit color depth is supported. Variable frame duration times are supported as well. While animations smaller than 26x18px work you're of course encouraged to use all available space for your animation.
    originally found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/200749-screamager-dot-matrix-led-message-scroller.html
    Last edited by D/\SH; October 03, 2009, 11:55 PM.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Screamager - a dot matrix LED message scroller

updated with newest version

Comment

Working...