X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

BlockChalk - location-based anonymous notes

Since it looks like my Oblique Strategies app submission wasn't a total failure, I'll try my next one! This is a very alpha v0.5 release, so any comments or feedback are very welcome!

Update (v0.6.4): Needed a fix to the fix for invalid user IDs. Also attempting to prevent duplicate chalks and replies being created. Fun times!

Update (v0.6.3): Removed a badly behaving debug dialog that appeared on service failures. Version number in about dialog.

Update (v0.6.2): There's now an option to request a new user ID from BlockChalk, as well as a bugfix for invalid user IDs that were served up during a maintenance period on the service.

Update (v0.6.0): Added a help scene accessible from the main menu, which is also auto-pushed on first run. You'll probably see the new help on update, since you won't have gotten the first run cookie yet.

BlockChalk

BlockChalk (BlockChalk) is the voice of your neighborhood. You can use it to talk to anyone, about anything. It’s like a virtual graffiti wall, a community bulletin board, and a poster-covered lightpost, all rolled into one.

Using the GPS in your device, it shows you messages that other people have left at the place you’re standing, and it lets you leave your own messages, too. It’s anonymous unless you decide to share more. You can even privately reply to other users while still remaining anonymous.

While BlockChalk was originally a aimed at iPhone users, this is an application using the new BlockChalk API (BlockChalk - developers developers developers developers) to make the service available on your favorite webOS device.

As an MIT-licensed Open Source application, you can find the source code here:

http://github.com/lmorchard/blockchalk-webos/

originally found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/201737-blockchalk-location-based-anonymous-notes.html
Working...