X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CYBER WEESJE
    • Mar 27

[RELEASE] Opera Mini 5 Beta Released Sports Sleek New Design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBaCW8abNE

It looks like our assumption about Opera’s "Next Generation in Mobile Browsing” teaser (from last week) was dead on. Sorry to disappoint those who were hoping for an official Opera Mobile 9.7 release, but Opera Software just announced the release of Opera Mini 5 beta. First impressions, the Java based browser feels like it's been revamped with a slick interface and is quite speedy. If you've ever been a fan of Opera Mini, you'll want to check it out. The browser does require a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to run. To download Opera Mini 5 beta, just point your mobile browser to m.opera.com/next. View a rundown of features after the break.

List of features via Opera Software:

Innovative and Easy-to-use

Living up to our vision of providing the best Internet experience on any device, Opera Mini 5 boasts a powerful new user interface. Merging the best from our desktop browser together with new innovations for mobile phones, Opera Mini is advanced, yet highly intuitive to use.

Tabs

With tabbed browsing you no longer need to interrupt one session to start another. Use your web-mail in one window, Facebook in another, Twitter in a third and all that while checking the latest sports results. With Opera Mini you can easily identify the different tabs and jump between them.

Password manager

No more hassle with those hard to enter user names and passwords. Opera Mini 5 will remember your credentials and you can log on to your favorite Web sites with just a single click. The passwords are stored on your phone for your convenience.

Full Web in your palm

When visiting a Web page, Opera Mini displays the overview of the page and suggests where to begin your reading before you zoom in. Opera Mini also detects when on a Web page designed for a mobile phone and displays it optimally.

Touch & Keypad

The user interface has been designed for both touchscreen and keypad style mobile phones. With a touchscreen you can enjoy even easier navigation with our new zooming and kinetic scrolling.

Speed Dial

Get your favorite Web page with just one click. Speed Dial is a set of visual bookmarks you see when you open a new tab, like a dashboard for your on-line life. To add a new page, simply click on an empty Speed Dial slot, and Opera will make suggestions based on your browsing history and bookmarks.

Built for speed

Time is precious. Opera Mini compresses pages by up to 90% before being sent to your phone meaning faster page load times than in other mobile Web browsers.

Find things faster

The new Opera Mini lets you search for text within a Web page so you can get to the information you need even quicker than before.

Power scrolling

Scroll at warp speed using your phone keypad or by dragging the page on a phone with a touch screen.

TESTED ON TP2 DAMM THIS THING IS SWEET
    GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
    ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ HIT THANKS ON THE WAY OUT
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; November 01, 2009, 05:19 AM.
    video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
    NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
    TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
    sigpic
  • forty01
    Supporter
    • Nov 24

Re: Opera Mini 5 Beta Released Sports Sleek New Design

Sounds nice Wees.
    I have always loved the speed and ease of Opera Mini. It's always been a great program. If I want to find information fast, this has been my route to get that accomplished. I'm going to check this out and pass out my feedback, good looking out as always CW.
    sigpic
    About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
    Flashing a ROM Click Here
    Noob Zone Click Here
    How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• puertoblack2003
      OG Member
      • Nov 08

this is cool I'm testing out the desktop version out my self

SPJ Bulletin @
      forum.smartphonejunkie.org
      Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• GokuSS3
        • Jun 02

Thanks for the Weesje will hit that Thanks an Install button for you. If this looks as good as it did in that short preview then Skyfire is introuble lol.....
        sigpic
        The Must Read Noob Guide!!!Click Here
        How To Flash A Rom!!!Click Here
        If I Have Helped Be Sure To Hit That Thanks Button!!!

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
          • Mar 27

Originally posted by GokuSS3
          Thanks for the Weesje will hit that Thanks an Install button for you. If this looks as good as it did in that short preview then Skyfire is introuble lol.....
          thanks bro for beta it works great now lag at all when you scrol theres now loading the img again plus the preloadet page is sweet at start screen password save works good tabs in it give this beta 8/10

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
          ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
          sigpic

Comment

• forty01
            Supporter
            • Nov 24

The program and what they added to this is great. Nice and fluid. I love the password manager and tabs now. I do not like the fact that every time I use data I have to press yes to confirm. That is normal, but I know in the past we (junkies) have modified it to where that won't happen anymore. I can possibly take a look at it tonight and see if I can get that to stop. I don't like the idea that they added their own SIP (keyboard/it's not horrible, but it's not mine). It doesn't respond well to the hardware TP keyboard either, because it wants to predetermine what I am putting in there and gives me options. With my hardware keyboard I know what I want, so just let me enter it w/o all the extra work. In one instance, it shutdown or gave me issues when I slid my hardware keyboard to enter my username and password for Yahoo. I like that the buttons are bigger within the program and designed for Touch in mind. I understand this is Beta and Opera has done a great job overall. Again, loving the interface, but I will most likely stick to my modified Opera Mini 4.(whatever). I still recommend trying it, because you might not run into the various things as I did. I will still play with and see if I can fix to my liking, because in reality it is better than my 4.(whatever) version. When you test it, post feedback, so we can all use it to our advantage, thanks.
            sigpic
            About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
            Flashing a ROM Click Here
            Noob Zone Click Here
            How to Search for...? Click Here

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
              • Mar 27

Originally posted by forty01
              The program and what they added to this is great. Nice and fluid. I love the password manager and tabs now. I do not like the fact that every time I use data I have to press yes to confirm. That is normal, but I know in the past we (junkies) have modified it to where that won't happen anymore. I can possibly take a look at it tonight and see if I can get that to stop. I don't like the idea that they added their own SIP (keyboard/it's not horrible, but it's not mine). It doesn't respond well to the hardware TP keyboard either, because it wants to predetermine what I am putting in there and gives me options. With my hardware keyboard I know what I want, so just let me enter it w/o all the extra work. In one instance, it shutdown or gave me issues when I slid my hardware keyboard to enter my username and password for Yahoo. I like that the buttons are bigger within the program and designed for Touch in mind. I understand this is Beta and Opera has done a great job overall. Again, loving the interface, but I will most likely stick to my modified Opera Mini 4.(whatever). I still recommend trying it, because you might not run into the various things as I did. I will still play with and see if I can fix to my liking, because in reality it is better than my 4.(whatever) version. When you test it, post feedback, so we can all use it to our advantage, thanks.
              Hi thanks for feedback it thit not have any issue yet lol but like you said things like press yes to comfirm thats nag msg lol needs to be gone but they have made a browser that i love lol i wil stick whit this

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
              ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
              sigpic

Comment

Working...